Teen Writers - Contests and Tips and More! discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
Book Discussions > The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Grace, Head Moderator (last edited Jun 12, 2012 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 896 comments Mod

So what did you guys think of the book? Team Peeta? Team Gale?

Please keep your spoilers hidden like this (view spoiler)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments The book is AMAZING! I'm in love with it, I had it done in five hours flat, I couldn't put it down. I am Team Peeta. And please no slamming if anyone isn't, I respect your opinion on the matter, so please respect mine. :)

message 3: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Haha I like the book a lot too :) And WOW 5 hours?? That's insane. And I'm Team Gale :) haha

message 4: by ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (last edited Jun 21, 2012 04:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments I couldn't help it haha, it's SO good, and it's such a nailbiter! I did the exact same thing with mockingjay. I didn't get the chance to do it with catching fire cuz I listened to the audiobook.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the whole series (which I've read six times), but the first book was definitely the best. And I guess I'm Team In-between because I love Gale and I love Peeta equally.

Glinda the Gallifreyan I liked the Hunger Games, too. I find that I'm neither Team Gale nor Team Peeta... whenever someone asks me that question, my answer is always Team Haymitch. :) I love his character.

Mara Daisy | 37 comments lol nice :)

District2tribute | 81 comments Glindafied of the West wrote: "I liked the Hunger Games, too. I find that I'm neither Team Gale nor Team Peeta... whenever someone asks me that question, my answer is always Team Haymitch. :) I love his character."

I find that this is book breaks the bar that twilight has set so there is no need for teams

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Glindafied of the West wrote: "I liked the Hunger Games, too. I find that I'm neither Team Gale nor Team Peeta... whenever someone asks me that question, my answer is always Team Haymitch. :) I love his character."

LOL. Team Haymitch rules:)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments I only say team because it's shorter than saying "I'm in complete and total approval of Katniss choosing the most amazing male character ever written although it is an obvious choice so it isn't really even a choice". I in no way associate the word team with Twilight when I say it (or try to keep it out of my head anyways, Twilight annoys me).

message 11: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Daisy | 37 comments same here. ;)

District2tribute | 81 comments Taggerung wrote: "I only say team because it's shorter than saying "I'm in complete and total approval of Katniss choosing the most amazing male character ever written although it is an obvious choice so it isn't re..."

I read twilight this summer (so i could see the final movie) just because my mom has this rule that if i there is a ovie based on a book I have to read it before i can watch the book. Good piont though

message 13: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Taggerung wrote: "I only say team because it's shorter than saying "I'm in complete and total approval of Katniss choosing the most amazing male character ever written although it is an obvious choice so it isn't re..."

Amen

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the first and second books, but I thought the third on was kind of a let down. She killed everyone's favorite characters!

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 25, 2012 08:37AM) (new)

True...still, (view spoiler) was not my fave part.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments Remember to hide spoilers everyone. Those who haven't read catching fire and mockingjay wont appreciate getting them spoiled. This is after all a discussion on the first book. ;)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooooooooooo, I forgot! editing...

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments And even if you have posted an unhidden spoiler, it's easy enough to fix, just hit edit on your post and put the spoiler between the spoiler tags. That way you can still voice your opinion w/o getting it deleted by Destiny. ;)

message 19: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

;)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments Livvy [awesome sauce] wrote: "
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"

DITTO!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?????!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

message 22: by Jana (last edited Jul 14, 2012 09:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jana (rooneyreads) I have tried reading the book. Didn't get far. Not my kind of book. Too boring.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I'm gonna add this in a spoiler so I don't hurt anyone's feelings. (view spoiler)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments True, Livvy. I'm completely mindboggled right now. OoO

message 25: by Jana (last edited Jul 14, 2012 11:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jana (rooneyreads) Everybody likes other books, that's why. [: I like my books more realistic, but that's just what I like to read.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments I know, that's totally cool. It's just I'm the person who reads through those kind of books in 5 hours I love hg so much. I just have a hard time comprehending it, but I totally get what you mean and I'm not gonna hate you for not liking them, I'm not one of those psyco fans! :)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Ditto to J-Hutch's GF (I can't read what the other part of your name says).

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments Haha, it says Taggerung (it's a redwall book) :) I decided to add something that is obviously feminine because the first part of my username confuses people lol

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha:) Got it:)

message 30: by Danny (new)

Danny I didn't read the book, but the movie was most certainly a let down.

message 31: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

You should have read the book first! It was definitely much better than the movie

message 32: by Danny (new)

Danny My sister read the book and told me all about it; it didn't seem to cool. Not to mention, with all the hype it had the movie should have been better than just average.

message 33: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

I see where you're coming from, but the book really is better than it seems.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments Danny, I'm not kidding when I say that the book is so good, I'm willing to pay people to read it of they haven't, if that's what it takes to get them to read it. It's seriously that good. It's not fluff. I'm the kinda girl that likes action, adventure, and mystery books, not cheesy chick lit (for the most part). I LOVE hunger games because it makes you think...a LOT. Give the book a chance. Don't judge it by cover, sibling review, or movie based of of it.

message 35: by Danny (new)

Danny Maybe I'll get around to reading it sometime soon.

message 36: by Lydia (new) - rated it 1 star

Lydia ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {J-Hutch's GF} wrote: "Danny, I'm not kidding when I say that the book is so good, I'm willing to pay people to read it of they haven't, if that's what it takes to get them to read it. It's seriously that good. It's not ..."

Well, when his sibling is me, it's totally cool to judge it by my opinion :) I actually kinda like the book, but it has too many problems. Despite it being a let down, I thought the movie was better made than the book. At least Katniss was likeable in this version. Peeta... well, he still has a long way to go before being considered likeable.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

O_O You did not just say that. Peeta isn't likeable????!!!!!!!!! What kind of...1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Okay, I'm not talking before I say something I can't take back.

message 38: by Lydia (last edited Jul 26, 2012 07:02PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lydia He's really creepy. He just forces Katniss to have an onscreen romance with him, even when he knew she didn't love him back. And then, he has the indecency to be upset at her for not being totally honest with him? Um, I thought shoving him into a wall was good enough to get her message across. Ugh, you just reminded me how much I dislike Peeta.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments Haha, yeah, but different peeps have different tastes. I make a point of reading books my bro hates, just to see if I'll like them! And I sometimes really like them. Other times, we are completely the same in taste. Like LOTR, can't read those books enough lol. So moral of this little spiel: just judge for yourself, cuz who knows, you could surprise even yourself! ;)

message 40: by Lydia (new) - rated it 1 star

Lydia Yeah, well, me and one of my other brothers both hated Peeta a lot, so I'm sure Danny probably won't like him either. He's just too bleh and skeevy.

I never could get into LOTR actually. I read the Hobbit and wasn't a fan and read about half of Fellowship of the Ring before quitting it. Guess they weren't really my type of thing.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "He's really creepy. He just forces Katniss to have an onscreen romance with him, even when he knew she didn't love him back. And then, he has the indecency to be upset at her for not being totally ..."

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "He's really creepy. He just forces Katniss to have an onscreen romance with him, even when he knew she didn't love him back. And then, he has the indecency to be upset at her for not being totally ..."

He sooooo doesn't force her into an onscreen romance! He thought she actually loved him (poor Peeta)! Haymitch told Katniss, that she should make it look like she loved him, and in the end she (view spoiler).

message 43: by Grace, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hahaha these conversations are cracking me up 'cause you guys are so serious about it :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

A girls gotta be serious about her points of vew. How do you think we've survived all these years of boys acting immature?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL:)

message 46: by Danny (new)

Danny The Mighty Katara wrote: "Yeah, well, me and one of my other brothers both hated Peeta a lot, so I'm sure Danny probably won't like him either. He's just too bleh and skeevy.

I never could get into LOTR actually. I read t..."

Yeah, well you were a hopeless noob when it came to Tolkien.

message 47: by Danny (new)

Danny Livvy [loves Leo Valdez+Primrose Everdeen] wrote: "A girls gotta be serious about her points of vew. How do you think we've survived all these years of boys acting immature?"

Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

message 48: by Lydia (new) - rated it 1 star

Lydia Laura wrote: "I have to say, even though I didn't really like the book, there are some amazing characters in the book. Like Prim and Gale. Yeah, Peeta is a bit pushy."

Gale is pretty cool. I personally preferred Haymitch, Finnick, and Johanna Mason. They were the only characters I actually liked. Peeta is definitely more than a bit pushy :)

message 49: by Lydia (new) - rated it 1 star

Lydia Livvy [loves Leo Valdez+Primrose Everdeen] wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "He's really creepy. He just forces Katniss to have an onscreen romance with him, even when he knew she didn't love him back. And then, he has the indecency to be upset at ..."

No, Peeta knows that Katniss doesn't love him. I remember there was a line where he tells her to kiss him because they're supposed to be madly in love. So, he knows that she doesn't love him. And again, I give you the scene where Katniss throws him up against the wall. That was right after he said he loved her in his interview. And she doesn't fall for him in the first book. (I don't think she ever did, but that's beside the point.) The moment where she starts to kinda like Peeta was on the beach in the arena in Catching Fire. Never in the first book. Plus, Peeta is really a stalker when you think about it. That is all I have to say for the moment :P

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

The Mighty Katara wrote: "Livvy [loves Leo Valdez+Primrose Everdeen] wrote: "The Mighty Katara wrote: "He's really creepy. He just forces Katniss to have an onscreen romance with him, even when he knew she didn't love him b..."

I give up! *raises hands in defeat* I cannot make you understand, so I cannot speak. *pretends to zip lips*

« previous 1

Teen Writers - Contests and Tips and More!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Salamandastron (other topics)