Free Will Baptist Preachers discussion

What book should we begin with?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Crews | 56 comments Mod
I am suggesting this book because it keeps bringing me back to the basics of what I consider good preaching. I re-read it on a regular basis and I would love to read it with a group to help me re-think through the concepts and perhaps help me not stray too far from preaching good, Biblical sermons. What do you think?

message 2: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 17 comments What book?

message 3: by Mike (new)

Aaron wrote: "What book?"
Sorry! The book I was suggesting was "Biblical Preaching" by Haddon Robinson

message 4: by Aaron (new)

Aaron | 17 comments That's ok. I do that all the time. My brain works much faster than my fingers. That is a great book and I would thoroughly enjoy discussing with some fellow preachers. I read it in Bible College and then bought it again a couple of years ago when he spoke at the Bible Conference but have not read it again yet.

message 5: by Mike (new)

Aaron wrote: "That's ok. I do that all the time. My brain works much faster than my fingers. That is a great book and I would thoroughly enjoy discussing with some fellow preachers. I read it in Bible College an..."

So far I haven't heard from anybody else I sent an invitation to. When I do I'll get back with you about the details.
By the way, I'm glad you enjoyed the book on leading the small church. There's a lot in there that I am still processing in my own mind. Maybe at some point we could make it a book to discuss. God Bless!

message 6: by Mike (new)

So far I have not heard from anybody else who was invited to join this group except Aaron, though I have noticed a couple of people joined the group. Please feel free to share input on which book you think would be good to begin studying together. I suggested Haddon Robinson's "Biblical Preaching". I would like to begin reading and discussing the book on Monday, June 18 if possible. If you would like to join us please let me know on this forum on at my e-mail address at bromike45@gmail.com. Thanks and God Bless!