Powell Branch Library Book Discussion discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
"The Night Circus" Book Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brandi Wright | 46 comments I believe in an interview, Morgenstern said she stumbled upon the inspiration for this story by accident. She had many trips to the circus, but never really had a plot. I do know that she loves the "once upon a time" of fairy-tales. I love how the story unfolds with magic, mystery, and romance. She uses color so vividly in the telling of the story.

Brandi Wright | 46 comments I found this on-line, and thought it was a brilliant question.
"The Night Circus is not written in a linear timeline. Did you find the structure of the book disorienting? Do you think it was effective in mirroring the nature of the circus or did it just annoy you?"

Maggie Sullivan | 21 comments I loved how it was written. The surreal story matched up with the disorienting timeline.

Brandi Wright | 46 comments I love when the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning... I adore the way it was written, from your perspective to what was happening all around from the variety of views. It was magical, which added to the book as a whole.

"What was your favorite part of the circus? Which character would you most want to meet? Which tent would you most want to visit? Which food sounded most appealing?"