Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion


121 views
What do you think of Peter?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kiki~~다은이♥♥ Personally, I think that he has a soft heart deep-down in him. But on the outside... yeah...


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you kidding me? Hes a character i hate the most from all the books i've read. He's a disguting arrogant bullier


kpopfan Peter is pretty cool to me :) because he saved Tris from death..... LIKE A BOSS!!


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Bookfreak wrote: "Peter is pretty cool to me :) because he saved Tris from death..... LIKE A BOSS!!"

is that a spoiler? :( WHY R U DOING THIS TO ME


Danielle That was definitely a spoiler from Insurgent...

Nadiraalisha wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Peter is pretty cool to me :) because he saved Tris from death..... LIKE A BOSS!!"

is that a spoiler? :( WHY R U DOING THIS TO ME"



message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i bloody hate him..i swear i would kill him if i ever met him(not that i wanna be a murderer or anything)


Olivia Bloody Hell!!!! Eugh did I hate Peter for tormenting Tris, I just wanted to kill him in the first book! But eventually, I loved him doing what he did in book two for Tris!


Mimi ❤ An ass.


message 9: by Mary (last edited Jun 29, 2012 05:29PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary i loved his annoyingly badass, cowardly character-almost reminded me of Draco Malfoy.


message 10: by Haleigh (last edited Jul 13, 2012 08:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Haleigh Mary wrote: "i loved his annoyingly badass, cowardly character-almost reminded me of Draco Malfoy."
Yes!! He really reminds me of Draco!! They have similar personalities. Except I don't think Draco would do what Peter did to Tris in Insurgent. I don't think he would have done that for Harry. He may have, but I don't really think so.


message 11: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I wanted to throw Peter out of a window. Not to be a negative nancy or anything, but he bothered me sooo so much.


message 12: by Nick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick Danielle wrote: "That was definitely a spoiler from Insurgent...

Nadiraalisha wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Peter is pretty cool to me :) because he saved Tris from death..... LIKE A BOSS!!"

is that a spoiler? :( WHY..."


fucks sake.


message 13: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Haleigh wrote: "Mary wrote: "i loved his annoyingly badass, cowardly character-almost reminded me of Draco Malfoy."
Yes!! He really reminds me of Draco!! They have similar personalities. Except I don't think Draco..."


yes so true:)


Kiki~~다은이♥♥ LISTEN: Think deeply if Peter WASN'T in the book, I personally think there would be NO FUN>.<


message 15: by Mary (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mary Kiki wrote: "LISTEN: Think deeply if Peter WASN'T in the book, I personally think there would be NO FUN>.<"

EXACTLY


Rashika (is tired) i think he is portrayed as a horrible person.. but i think that deep down inside he is good.. and there are ppl he cares about.. i have a feeling something happened that made him like this..


Kiki~~다은이♥♥ Rashika wrote: "i think he is portrayed as a horrible person.. but i think that deep down inside he is good.. and there are ppl he cares about.. i have a feeling something happened that made him like this.."

I think it happens to all bullies.


message 18: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani I think he sucks!! He cannot be trusted, is a bully and is only looking out for himself. He will do anything to anyone as long as HE benefits. Disgusting!


message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

in Divergent I felt like killing Peter, he was such an idiot. i Insurgen though I didnt hate him as much


message 20: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani TheEmoQueen wrote: "in Divergent I felt like killing Peter, he was such an idiot. i Insurgen though I didnt hate him as much"

I still didn't like him in Insurgent. I thought he was coming around, but just proved that he does what he does for himself, no matter who it hurts. I have a feeling he will be more developed in the 3rd book...Cannot wait :)


Helen Stevens For the sake of those of us who haven't read Insurgent yet, PLEASE keep the comments about Peter in Divergent only...and post thoughts on him later on in the Insurgent board.


Rhani Lila-mae I think that Peter is more than what you see in Divergent, I think he's putting up a front to hide something he doesn't like or feel comfortable about yet, so he hides behind his tough guy front. He does show signs that he comes around a lot more in the second book. But yes, I don't think he's just a bully, I don't think he wanted to but felt it was only necessary, because he is not used to being behind and likes to know he is in front and that people can't see who he really is. And don't get up me, but I just have this feeling, that he will end up to be shown closeted, and hiding the fact that he is in fact gay, it just makes sense to me, and on his wiki page it says 'he has a higher voice than most males' and that might not mean anything because he's not really stereotypically gay but it could. Just my thoughts..


kpopfan Lol oops sorry for the spoiler....,o.o


Sarah Rhani wrote: "I think that Peter is more than what you see in Divergent, I think he's putting up a front to hide something he doesn't like or feel comfortable about yet, so he hides behind his tough guy front. H..."

I agree... But I always thought Tris and him were a cute couple...For some weird reasons... I can't seem to place the fact he's gay in my mind though. Since he and Tris can't be together I thought he and Christina would be a couple...I don't know thought. But I do agree on how he has a soft side but just wants to show everyone he's tough, which he is probably only 25% of that toughness


message 25: by Nicole D. (last edited Dec 02, 2012 01:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole D. I have only read Divergent but form what I saw of him in that I was hoping that he would be died at the end of the book along with Four's dad but no lets kill off the good people and let the bad live.I hate him he tried to kill Tris,he stabbed Edward in the eye with a knife,he is ok with the murder of innocent people and he's a bully.Of course I hate him.


message 26: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane I like him, not really like him as the same level that I like Tobias. But I like him, because his character really pisses me off until the end of the first book! :D


Rhani Lila-mae Sarah wrote: "Rhani wrote: "I think that Peter is more than what you see in Divergent, I think he's putting up a front to hide something he doesn't like or feel comfortable about yet, so he hides behind his toug..."

Yeah, like I said it was just some thoughts that seemed to make sense, but who really knows. Yeah and people do really go to such extremes to show and prove that they are indeed tough, so that would explain the stabbing of the eye and the other things that went on. Also, when they were out of the Dauntless compound is when he started to get a lil nicer and show some true colours, so maybe he just really didn't want to fail and tried his absolute hardest to be 'Dauntless' in his own way.. So before everyone just jumps to say 'he's a bully, etc' he is a bully with reason, and that makes him like able.


message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

The best character in the book by far. Yes of course he is viewed as an asshole by the mainstream readers of this book ... but they never look beyond that. Don't get me wrong some assholes are just assholes, but Peter is an interesting layered character and is my favorite character in the entire series, i would have actually wanted Tris to end up with him, despite her not being as good a character and very predictable etc.
She does grow as a character so i think her and Peter would actually make a great couple, smart and strong.


back to top