The Never Dying Group discussion

Spy Roleplay! > About

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (last edited Jan 10, 2009 03:52PM) (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 2481 comments Mod
Think James Bond or Alex Rider. Suave. Gadgets. Debonair. Disguises. Stuff like that. We'll see how it turns out, but here's the premise:
The Good Side is the ISO, or the International Spy Organization. Very top secret group. Nobody knows about them except the agents themselves- and the bad guys.
The Bad Side is SPECTRE, or Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion. Nice bunch.

ISO's mission is to protect one Paul Sawyer from extermination by SPECTRE. He was a scientist in a research compound in the middle of the desert- one which was funded by SPECTRE. SPECTRE reached their goal (whatever it was) and destroyed the compound in an 'accidental' fire which killed everyone except Paul- because he wasn't at work. He'd gotten sick a week before and had gone home for a little R&R- a tragic mistake for the SPECTRE people. He doesn't know exactly what happened or what caused the sudden destruction of, apparently, everything SPECTRE had been working toward- but he is scared. Really scared. Apparently everything was pretty shady concerning who was financing the research and now that he knows, he is someone SPECTRE will do anything to annihilate- and the sooner the better. Before he talks too much. He is ISO's responsibility. And his secrets are their responsibility as well.

So what do you guys think? It's really really hard for me to think of these sort of things, so if you have any input, feel free!

FYI: Seth and Kelly are the mods in this roleplay.

message 2: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

Maybe we could toss around ideas such as this one here:
The ISO Academy could be camouflaged as a very elite, high security boarding school. EVERYBODY wants to go there- but of course, only spies do. Something like that. What do you think?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

That sounds good to me!!! And like only if your parents were spies, or are important in some way can you get accepted.

message 4: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

Right! Like there are spy talent agents...that sounds cool.

message 5: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) COOL

message 6: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

FINERLLY!!!

message 7: by Lunabell , Its creepy how this group is called "Never Dying". (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 1405 comments Mod
WHOOT!!!

I like the spy talent agent idea.

message 8: by Molly's Sister, Don't let things deceive you- this group is still alive ;-) (new)

Molly's Sister | 2985 comments Mod
sounds good!

message 9: by Molly's Sister, Don't let things deceive you- this group is still alive ;-) (new)

and there is recruiters secretly in schools to watch the unusually smart and athletic kids to see if they're spy material

message 10: by Lunabell , Its creepy how this group is called "Never Dying". (new)

There's going to be one in my charrie's, okay?

message 11: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

right-o!!

message 12: by Lunabell , Its creepy how this group is called "Never Dying". (new)

:D

message 13: by Alex (new)

Alex Wait... what are the spy talent agents?

message 14: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

to recruit kids to the school.

message 15: by Alex (new)

Alex okay! Can Mara be one?

message 16: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

oh yeah...sure. iz there one in the rp yet? i haven't been keeping up. :P

message 17: by Alex (new)

Alex idk... there isn't much rp there yet. you can easily read it! :) or you can be like me, and skim :)

message 18: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

k'well, there iz one, but you can always be one too!

message 19: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

Except your charrie is a little young...

message 20: by Alex (new)

Alex *glares* my charrie is older than I am. well, for a few weeks anyway......

message 21: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

k'wellz, she's still kinda young! :P Maybe if she were about three or four years older it would make more sense...:D

message 22: by Alex (new)

Alex What's wrong with not making sense? (lol!)

message 23: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

she would barely be out of the academy and already recruiting? seems like she would need more experience.

message 24: by Alex (new)

Alex agh! I wrote out her entire history and then my internet crashed and lost it! *sigh* I'll rewrite...

message 25: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

>.<

awww...wellz...that stinks...

message 26: by Alex (new)

Alex Violet was born to a lawyer mother and a spy father. Neither she nor her mother knew her father was a spy. At a young age, Violet showed interest in both spying and learning about law. Her mother was happy to explain laws to her, but she quickly grew bored of that. So she began to play 'spy' with her father when he was free, not out "sailing for treasure". She absolutely loved to snoop and eavesdrop. She also loved to decode messages. It wasn't long before she found out about the ISO through decoding messages that were for her father. Five years ago, when Violet was nine and mature for her age, she decided that she was going to join the ISO no matter what. Violet did her research. She read up on spying, and eavesdropped(sp), learning all kinds of information about ISO, and practiced hacking every security system she could find. She then applied for SPECTRE, demonstrated her skills, and was hired. Then she came back to ISO, snuck in just like she had before, found the person in charge, and told them everything she knew about SPECTRE. ISO gave Mara false information, then told her to spy on SPECTRE for them, pretending to hire her, just to see if she would tell SPECTRE the information. Not knowing it was false information, she did not tell SPECTRE and came back to ISO with more information about SPECTRE. Then she was hired for real, and entered the academy. Since she had spent most of her life spying, she got through it twice as fast as average students did. At 12 she began to show her talent for telling when people were lying, and telling which side they really were on. At 13 she was hired as a Talent Agent, and she began to recruit members. She is now 14, and has recruited several young members to the academy.

message 27: by Alex (new)

Alex Will that work?

message 28: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

>.< i guess, but geeeeezzzz...

message 29: by Alex (new)

Alex what?

and yay!

message 30: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

well, one general rule of rping is not to make your charrie 'all-powerful' because it's not fun for everyone else. I mean, if your character can do everything by the time they're fourteen, then what about the people who are just getting there at eighteen or nineteen? Why couldn't your character BE eighteen or nineteen? You know? I mean, it's fine if we just have one super young overachiever, but if it starts to be a trend, i'm shutting that down, k? :P

message 31: by Alex (new)

Alex I never said she was all-powerful.

Like for instance, she has a fear of heights, and not very good balance, and she can't dance AT ALL...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

lol she is most definitly NOT all powerful if she can't dance!

message 33: by Squiggles{Kelly}, Apparently it's because I'm not clever. (new)

I knowwwwww she isn't all-powerful, but she is the X-tra special super-spy.

message 34: by Alex (new)

Alex I can't dance..... I'm also gravitationally challenged and don't have good balance... and everyone is special :)

message 35: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Well, let's just say that Mara has bad aim and can't use very good weapons, that would put her on the natural child prodigy degree, just not in the way of major action. She's one of the system geniuses.

message 36: by Alex (new)

Alex I was thinking more of her being good at telling if people are lying/which side they're on... but that would work.

message 37: by Molly's Sister, Don't let things deceive you- this group is still alive ;-) (new)

wow

βεℓℓα のαωη talents? well.. my person is a computer hacker, does that count?