Horror Aficionados discussion

Authors > Tony Rabig

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G.R. (new)

G.R. Yeates (gryeates) | 69 comments Hello all. I just wanted to start this thread for a self-published author who I think is superb. I discovered his short stories a few days ago and now having read all of them, I can only highly recommend him.

His style is smooth and clean, his sense of melancholy atmosphere and how to evoke longing is incredibly poignant and powerful. The link below is to my personal favourite, They're Waiting, but everything I've read by him is on a par with this.

Check the man out! :-)

They're Waiting by Tony Rabig

message 2: by James (new)

James Everington | 66 comments I can second the above. They're Waiting is a great little short story.

message 3: by G.R. (new)

G.R. Yeates (gryeates) | 69 comments Yay! It is that. I'm interviewing Tony next week on my website and he's given some great answers. :-)

message 4: by James (new)

James Everington | 66 comments Excellent, I shall look forward to that

message 5: by Tony (new)

Tony Rabig | 10 comments Greg & James,

Thank you both for the kind words.

All the best,

--tr

message 6: by Tony (new)

Tony Rabig | 10 comments Will be trying all my titles on Kindle select for the next few months. This weekend, Jan 5-6, The Other Iron River and Other Stories will be free at the Amazon Kindle store; the collection includes three stories: "Acts of Faith," "Ghost Writer," and "The Other Iron River." You get zombies, a ghost story, and in the title piece, a time travel story that I like to think catches a little of the Jack Finney/Twilight Zone feel. Grab it while the price is right, and I hope you'll enjoy it.