City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

I don't find Clary too dependent of Jace!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margarita (last edited Jun 12, 2012 12:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Margarita I don't get why people are saying that Clary is to co-dependent. In the contrary, I find her to be independent and doesn't need Jace to make decisions for her. She'll do the things that she thinks are best and won't sit around waiting for her love to come back to her. Yes, she loves Jace a lot but i wouldn't call it co-dependency love. She's probably the first girl character in all the books I've read *series* that don't overly obsess about the guy. She has a strong willful mind and doesn't let people boss her around!

Tasha Agreed.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I totally love this series and Clary is an amazing main character and I totally thought she was amazing until about the fifth book. Then it was really showcased that her and Jace were exclusively "together" and then I felt that she was way too into Jace and in turn a little bit interdependent. But that doesn't make her a bad main character, she still focused on other things in her life, but Jace was a really big part of it and she did depend on him a lot.

message 4: by Kyra M (last edited Jun 12, 2012 09:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyra M Johnson Eva wrote: "Okay, I totally love this series and Clary is an amazing main character and I totally thought she was amazing until about the fifth book. Then it was really showcased that her and Jace were exclusi..."

I think she has so little of life that jace is the only the thing that she has. Simon has his problems and her mom is with luke. she doesn't go to school and she is a training shadowhunter. Plus Jace is her teacher so but that is what I think.

Flora (Ludacris) Jace is Clary's teacher!? Owo??

Anyway, of course I dont find Clary dependent of Jace. She practically make her own decisions and with or without the other Shadowhunters' acknowledgements, carry out the plan. Which usually ends up getting Jace in trouble. :)

Simplyminali thats actually a good thing because it means that her character is really well developed

T.J. She's dependent upon Jace in some parts but I mean...she's only been a Shadowhunter for six months.

Margarita Shadowhunter Girl wrote: "She's dependent upon Jace in some parts but I mean...she's only been a Shadowhunter for six months."

It hasn't been six months. Its been like 3 to 4 months. REad the books carefully.

Flora (Ludacris) I dont care if Ms Clary Fray is dependent or not. She is still annoying. :/

message 10: by T.J. (last edited Jun 14, 2012 10:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. I thought at the end of COLS it was six months.
Only the things that revolve around Jace annoy me like...(view spoiler)

Julianna She starts off kind of weak, all awkward and just sooooo typical and normal, but she really develops.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats what I think and compared to Bella she is KICKA**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 13: by T.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. In Bella's defense, she's still incredibly strong, what with the last book and all. She still annoys me but still.

Flora (Ludacris) Shadowhunter Girl wrote: "In Bella's defense, she's still incredibly strong, what with the last book and all. She still annoys me but still."

In what way is she strong? Her delivering Renesmee? Or whatever-she's-called.

Rachel Clary can be her own hero!