Victorian Romance Novel Fans discussion

Themes > Dark/Tortured/Byronic Hero

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 739 comments Mod
What do you think about the dark hero? Do you like him sort of on the edge of villainy, or more tortured than bad. Are you into the Byronic hero?

Which author do you think writes these characters well?

How do you think this sort of hero lends itself to the Victorian setting?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Do you mean a dark hero who is redeemed, or an anti-hero who doesn't get redeemed, but still gets his HEA?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I read my first anti-hero novel... well, that I can remember. I didn't know what an anti-hero was until this book. It's a contemp erotic novel called Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley and I loved it.

Who are some HR anti-heroes?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 739 comments Mod
Kylemore from Claiming the Courtesan
Lucien de Malheur "The Scorpion" from Breathless
Nicholas Blackthorne from A Rose at Midnight
Killoran from A Rose at Midnight

Off the top of my head

Anne Stuart writes a lot (love her for it).

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Believe it or not, I still haven't read anything by Anne Stuart!!

Oh, my favorite! I hope you get a chance one day. If you don't like her, I'll still love you!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish LOL!!! Okay, tell me what to read. Just pick a book!

The Rohan series is great:

Ruthless is the first book.