CUPCAKES WAR READING CHALLENGE 2012 discussion

Cupcakes War Reading Challenge > Are You Enjoying Reading the Chick-Lit genre?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Lone Wolf (new)

Brenda Gail | 285 comments Mod
Now, that we are almost 1/2 way through the month, are you enjoying this genre? I know I am! Actually, I am surprised how much I am enjoying the books that I have chosen. In fact, now I have so many books on my expanding list that I think I need more hours in the day!!!
What book that you have read so far have you liked the best? This is a hard one for me and I'll have to think about it for awhile!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 142 comments My favorite Chic-lit this month by far has been Confessions of a Shopaholic. I am surprised myself at how much I'm liking this month's genre

message 3: by Brenda, Lone Wolf (new)

I haven't decided which one is my favorite yet. I really liked all of them. I am also liking "The Beach House" too. I had to take a break and read the book for my book club. It was a good book - The Favourite Daughter.

So many books, so little time!

Melissa (ladybug) (ladybugsdoodles) My favorite was Girls In Pants: The Third Summer Of The Sisterhood. It is the third in the series, but I was able to follow along pretty well. :D It was really funny. I went to the bookmobile and asked them if they had any chick-lit. They didn't even know what I was talking about. The head lady thought I was actually talking about a title. :D lol

message 5: by Brenda, Lone Wolf (new)

That is funny. I can't believe that the lady working at the Bookmobile didn't know what Chick-Lit was!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 142 comments Finally finished my last chic-lit book, but Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons is so much more than that. Loved it! Amazing story with wonderful characters!

message 7: by Brenda, Lone Wolf (new)

I just love the title! I will have to add it to my list.