The Sword and Laser discussion

Tigana
This topic is about Tigana
2012 Reads > TIG: Illustrating Tigana

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chris | 15 comments Like Hyperion, I've been listening to the audiobook of Tigana while doing warmup sketches. I'd be interested in seeing other people's visual interpretations of scenes or characters in the book.

Here's my first sketch:

message 2: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 6253 comments That's why I like Devin (and Chris).

message 3: by terpkristin (new) - added it

terpkristin | 4142 comments Nicely done. :)

David Sven (gorro) | 1582 comments Very cool

Vincent Stoessel (vinny2020) | 36 comments That's awesome! I have to go back and look at your Hyperion sketches now. The only minor thing I'd say is that astronomy wise, the two moons should be in the same phase. But it's a fantasy novel so I'm not sweating that too much

message 6: by terpkristin (new) - added it

terpkristin | 4142 comments In the prologue, didn't the prince mention how the two moons are not in the same phase, he mentions that the two could fit together because one is waning and the other is waxing, by the same degree (or something like that)? Odd that that's one of the only things that has stuck out for me in this book.

Looking forward to more pictures. :)

Charles (CAndrews) | 60 comments terpkristin wrote: "In the prologue, didn't the prince mention how the two moons are not in the same phase, he mentions that the two could fit together because one is waning and the other is waxing, by the same degree..."

This is possible, astronomically, however, the moons would have to be in different regions of the sky ... and possibly also partially eclipsed by the planet.