Blizzard Cast discussion

Roleplay > Manirak Glacier

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Beth ~ Chet and David

Beth bit her lip anxiously, glancing at Chet and David.
She was rather inexperienced, so decided to stay very close to them

Riley and Cecelia

Riley kissed Cecelia's cheek lightly.
"Let's stay together," she said quietly, adjusting the straps of her backpack.
Riley grinned. "I wouldn't let goof you for the world."

Alex

Alex paid very close attention, keeping an eye on his sister and Simba who were close behind him.
He smiled to himself, then took a moment to take in his surroundings.

message 2: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

κίρστεν (Kirsten) (kirsten_j) | 352 comments Mod
Jay~Beth, Chet, David

Jay caught Beth's anxious look from the corner of his eye and nodded briefly to her.
"Ivar's been up this way before. He'll get us back safely." he assured her before picking up his pace to catch up with Alexi. He could still feel adrenaline coursing through his body after the avalanche and sucked in a deep breath of the icy, crisp air. It made him shudder. "I think Rya hurt her leg falling in the avalanche. Everyone else seems alright." he told Alexi, matching the other medic's pace as the glacier sloped upward a bit steeper.

Kris~Ivar
A strained smile appeared briefly on Kris's face. She nodded and rested a hand briefly on Ivar's jacket sleeve.
"We got them out of that avalanche down there. How much worse can it get?"
((You're tempting fate, Kriss. xD))

Erik~Alvina
One thing Erik could say for the prickly girl who'd helped him dig up the medic--she was a good climber. He tugged his backpack straps tighter and bit back a gasp of surprise when his foot slipped. He scrambled for a hold on the snowy slope and pulled himself up, muttering irritably under his breath. There was no way he would let her sneer at him for falling behind.

Jeremy~Mirage
((What should I put here? :P))

message 3: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Beth ~ Jay, Chet and David

Beth smiled slightly and nodded, appreciating Jay's re-assurance.
"D'you reckon we'll make it back before sun-down?" She asked the boys as she fell into pace beside them.

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 330 comments Mod
((So, um, Ash, I don't really know what to do with my peeps. Are they still in their couples??))

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments ((Sorry guys I've been gone for so long! First it was school and then I discovered AVEN...What have I missed? What can I do?))

message 6: by Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (last edited Nov 21, 2012 12:07PM) (new)

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: " Beth ~ Jay, Chet and David

Beth smiled slightly and nodded, appreciating Jay's re-assurance.
"D'you reckon we'll make it back before sun-down?" She asked the boys as she fell into pace beside them."

"Probably." Chet said optimistically.
"Nope."
David said bluntly at the same time, popping the 'p' in a way that made him come across as completely nonchalant.
Chet glared lightly at David, elbowing him gently in the ribs.
"Pessimistic much?" He said, raising an eyebrow.
"I prefer realistic thank you."
Chet rolled his eyes, trying and failing to appear annoyed as a small grin pulled at his lips.

message 7: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Beth shook her head, grinning.
"Really!" She said, jokingly.
"I will have a heart attack, y'know! And I doubt any-one has a defibuillator in their backpacks..." She finished.

Her heart was still racing from the shock of the avalanche.

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments "You okay?" Chet asked, wondering how well she was coping with the shock.
"That avalanche was pretty frightening..."
"Yeah for me especially."
David grumbled, frowning as he remembered being trapped under all that snow.
Chet shot David a concerned look, he was still a little shaken up himself by the fact that he had so nearly lost one of his closest friends.
"Im fine Chet." David reassured him.

message 9: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments "Yeah...yeah, I'm alright," Beth replied.
"It's David that got the real shock here... I'm just glad it's over!" she added.

"You must have felt dreadful too, Chet... worrying about him," she looked at David thinking that, if things had gone differently, he might not have been standing beside them.

message 10: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((Vyanni! Ciara! Thanks for coming back! You guys are doing great. Just keep the RP going. :DDD And you too Deborah!!!! Just stick your charries wherever you want and start RPing. You can have them join the other groups if you want or make new clusters of people. Whatever floats your boat.))

Jay~Beth, Chet, David
Jay grinned slightly at the banter between Chet and David. He was reassured to see that they seemed in good spirits even after the crisis they'd all just experienced.
"This way's the long way around. I figure we won't be back by tonight, but tomorrow is a good bet." He shot Beth a glance, his face going blank as he remembered his own brief episode under the snow. He shuddered. "Well we're all here now." he said in a quiet voice, stuffing his hands in his pockets and squinting at Kris and Ivar up ahead. "That's all that matters. Kris and Ivar know this place better than their own homes. They'll get us back safely."

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: ""Yeah...yeah, I'm alright," Beth replied.
"It's David that got the real shock here... I'm just glad it's over!" she added.

"You must have felt dreadful too, Chet... worrying about him," she look..."

Chet nodded, not wanting to think about what could have happened had they been too late, or even if they hadn't gotten up the slope fast enough.

David grimaced. "It wasnt as cold as I always though it would be but it was the feeling of claustrophobia that really did me in."

message 12: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Beth nodded understandingly.
"I would have been the same..." She trailed off.

"Well, a least there is a way around," she said to Jay. Beth tried to look on the bright side of things; what is the point of being in a state of doom n' gloom when everyone just needs a little uplifting?

message 13: by ℋɑƞƞɑℎ (new)

ℋɑƞƞɑℎ | 44 comments Leslie (I do believe she's alone now... :) feel free to approach her ;))

Leslie, probably thanks to the fact she was a Marine, had managed to keep a very calm aura through out this whole situation. The leaders seemed to know what they were doing, but she hasn't put much trust into them. She kept the fur lined hood off her brown waves so she had a full vision. She whisked she wore her hai up, but she had to keep her full attention on where she was going now. She was calm, but also very serious and very, very alert as she followed the group.

message 14: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (last edited Nov 24, 2012 03:43PM) (new)

Jay~Alexi, Dani, Beth, Chet, and David
Jay followed Alexi's glance to the newer hiker, Danielle, as she made her way up the slope determinedly behind them. He smiled. It was good to see her so confident. Like Alexi, Jay had his reservations about crossing the glacier, but there really wasn't any other way back.
"We haven't got far to go." he said, nodding in agreement at her. "And I'm sure they'll get a hold of the lodge soon. Maybe Todd will send out help."

Erik~Alvina
Erik scowled back at the girl as he regained his balance and caught up with her.
"I wasn't exactly planning on rock climbing when I bought these boots." he snapped back. Can't see why you'd care anyways. You'd probably be happy to see me fall over the edge here.

((Will finish later. And Ashby, maybe Jeremy and Mirage could walk with Leslie?))

message 15: by yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde!, I'll run the risk of being intimate with brokenness. (last edited Nov 29, 2012 07:39PM) (new)

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 330 comments Mod
Juliet and Amber~Rya ((I'm gonna break them away from their guys for a sec XD We'll just say they're helping the others...;D))
"Are you okay?" Amber asked Juliet softly. She didn't look up as she carefully placed her feet. "I know you were buried."
"I'm fine," Juliet answered convincingly. "It's just...a bit of a shock. Being buried like that isn't...easy. It's actually quite terrifying."
Juliet glanced at Rya. "You were buried too, weren't you?"

((Hey Debs, Want to start up a convo between the three guys? :D))

Rya~Juliet and Amber
Rya nodded, biting her lip. "Yes," she said softly. "And you're completely right-it is utterly terrifying. I never want to experience anything like that again. When I heard Matt calling my name, and he broke through the snow and I saw his face..." She looked down, struggling to find the words. "I thought I was going to die," she said simply. "I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it was to see him." She glanced meaningfully at Matt, hiking ahead of them with Marc and Shawn. "It really mde me realize that I need to treasure the most important things, before its too late." She looked sideways at Juliet and shrugged. "Anyways..."

((Oh goodness!! I feel horrible!! Its been so long since I've RPed that I forgot who Rya's guy was!! *facedesk* ))

message 16: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Bobbi ~ Simba

Bobbi nodded.
"They're experienced," she said, trying to convince herself aswell as talking to Simba.
"So, I.." She began to say. Bobbi paused.

"Tell me a bit about yourself." Bobbi tried not to blush as she looked into his soft eyes.

message 17: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((Yahh. That'd work. ^^))

((Um sure! (: ))

message 19: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((ALRIGHT GUYS. Let's get this show on the road! Ashby, who's sending out messages?))

((I think I was sposed to, but I'm hardly ever on for long enough, and y'all know the plot better, so can one of you do it? (: ))

((Can you PM me what we are gonna do, Ash? I'm kinda confused...(: ))

message 22: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((That can be arranged! :D Ashby? *poke* *trots off to send PMs*))

message 23: by yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde!, I'll run the risk of being intimate with brokenness. (last edited Jan 03, 2013 07:48PM) (new)

((Go to this link: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9... and read the info. It should get you pretty well caught up. If you have anymore questions let me know! (: ))

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments ((Sorry for being inactive! What have I missed?))

Yoj Harobed~ALeaderFullOfJoy~ wrote: "((Go to this link: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9... and read the info. It should get you pretty well caught up. If you have anymore questions let me know! (: ))"

message 26: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((AHHH!!! Okay... Um... the picture... I'll see to it. ^^ And d'you want me to do the honors tomorrow? I can try when I get home from church hopefully.))

message 27: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((OK, heeeeeeeeere goes. :DDDDD))

Well... it was 'scenic'. That was for sure. Kris snorted at Ivar's comment but looked out over the rising slopes of snow-covered mountains. The dark snow-heavy clouds were rolling in again. She cautiously trod in Ivar's footsteps and glanced back to see if the rest of the campers were following them. There were a few close behind her, the rest straggling along further back, some talking, most focusing on where they put their feet. Suddenly she stopped in her tracks, hearing the soft groan of the glacier below them.
"Ivar..." her voice was low. She bit back her nervousness and tapped the ground with one foot, holding her breath as she listened. No more sound. Ivar too had gone still. Slowly, Kris let out her breath again. She was being paranoid. Glaciers creaked. Everybody knew that.

Then with not a split second of warning, she heard an earsplitting crack. She didn't even have time to shout a warning to the others before the ground seemed to vanish beneath her feet. She caught a fistful of Ivar's jacket before realizing that he was falling too.

((There. That's the best I can do. ^^ Alright, guys, you know the drill. Distribute your characters as ordered. :) I'll post with Jay soon. Have to finish at work. I just had a short break!))

message 28: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((Well thankssss. Here's my next post. Get moving people! Things are about to get real. :D))

~Kris, Jay,~ and Ivar (and some other peoples >:)
Every thought seemed to go straight out of Kris's mind as she found herself in free-fall, unable to see anything but the snow cascading down with her. She clutched onto Ivar's jacket with both hands and briefly wondered if this was it and they were both about to die. The thought hardly had time to register before her body hit something hard and painfully. The jacket was torn from her grasp and she was tumbling down a steep slope, then another, shorter drop and she found herself half-buried in a small snowbank, gasping for air and blinking as a mist of snow sprinkled over her face. She lay still for a moment and registered the sound of someone else beside her shifting slightly, then sat up. Her whole body felt bruised and sore, and her face stung from rubbing in the rough snow. I'm alive. The thought almost made her laugh. She reached over to her left and felt another jacket under her hand.
"Ivar!" she gasped, scrambling to her feet. "Are you okay?" she looked around. "Where are the other hikers?"
"Kris?" Another figure emerged from the snowdrift, shaking snow out of his eyes. "What happened? Is anyone hurt?"

~Jeremy~ and Mirage (and everybody else)
Jeremy saw the two guides drop out of sight just a heartbeat before he felt the ground beneath him shudder. He froze, eyes darting to the hikers already pressed up against the wall behind him, and wondered whether the entire face was falling. Then he felt the ground drop. One moment he was falling, and the next someone had gripped the back of his jacket and was hauling him to safety. Without thinking, he caught onto his rescuer's arm and scrambled up onto the remaining surface of the glacier to huddle against the rock face his heart pounding hard.
"Thanks." he gasped, glancing back at the other hiker. It was the same girl he'd met earlier down in the pass--the one whose hand he'd bandaged up.

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments (Chet and whoever)

"DAVID!" Chet yelled and tried to grab onto his friend before he fell. However David was too far away and Chet watched in shock as they were separated.
He felt the ground give away under his own feet and stumbled back, trying to avoid falling himself.
"S***!"

message 30: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments ((Hey Vyanni, which group are Chet and David with?))

Riley and Cecelia

Cecelia muttered under her breat, grasping for Riley's arm.
He caught her. "It'll be okay, C, just hang on..." he said, but at the same time felt his feet shift on the glacier and he slid sideways. Cecelia stumbled with the loss of Riley and fell to her knees, but stood up again unsteadily.

Beth, Chet and David

Beth tried to hold onto Chet, her mouth dropping in horror as David slowly got further from them. She screamed as she tried to gain her balance.

message 31: by Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (last edited Jan 08, 2013 01:57PM) (new)

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments ((David is with K&I's group and Chet is with M&J's group. I don't know who they mean by K&I and M&J...))

David and whoever.
David screamed as he fell, shutting his eyes tight against the falling snow and ice. Somewhere above him he heard Chet and Beth screaming as well. The impact with the snow below hurt a lot less than he thought it would but he still blacked out from the shock.

Chet, Beth and whoever.
Chet lost his balance on the ice as the remainder of the glacier he was standing on collapsed and crumbled beneath his feet. Slipping out of Beth's grip, he fell and at the last second was able to grab onto a ledge. He pulled himself up fully onto the ledge and looked around trying to find Beth, already knowing he wasn't going to be seeing David for a long time.
"Beth?" He yelled uncertainly as he failed to spot her.
"Beth are you there? Are you okay?"
He tried to lift himself up but had to stop due to a pain in his wrist-the one which had grabbed the ledge. He had probably strained it.

message 32: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Bobbi and Simba

"SIMBA!" Bobbi screeched as she fell through a crack and barely hung on. SHe had a loud voice, that was for sure. It took her a lot of strength to pull herself up and perilously try to get to her feet; but couldn't manage it. She heard a crack as she fell back.

Riley and Cecilia

Riley had now fallen straight onto his back. He was winded but other than that not in too bad a condition. He vaguely heard Cecilia screaming for him, but couldn't reply for lack of breath.

Alex

Alex had seen people falling all around him. He had tried to clutch Bobbi but failed. Alex was in a state of shock and wasn't really sure what had just happened.

Beth, Chet and David

Beth had almost slid off the edge of the glacier, tilting sideways, but when she fell onto her hands and knees managed to get some grip on the ice.
"Chet! Chet!" she called as she ran over to him. "Oh, thank God, oh God, where's - "
She fell silent. She knew that David, along with others, had fallen.

message 33: by Ciara (new)

Bobbi gulped. "Yeah, yeah, I'm...I'm okay. You look like you got hurt worse than I did, I was just...worried when I couldn't see you," she assured him.
"Thanks," she added as he helped her to sit up.

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "Bobbi and Simba

"SIMBA!" Bobbi screeched as she fell through a crack and barely hung on. SHe had a loud voice, that was for sure. It took her a lot of strength to pull herself up and perilously t..."

Chet and Beth

"He fell." Chet croaked. "I don't know if he's okay...Or the others..."
He shuffled up carefully into a sitting position, wary of his injured ankle.
"Beth are you alright?"

message 35: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (last edited Jan 09, 2013 10:54AM) (new)

Kris (Ivar and Matt)
Kris started at the sound of Ivar's voice and finally let go of his sleeve, trying to keep her hands from shaking.
"S-sorry." she stammered, scrambling off of him. Her whole body was coursing with adrenaline from the sudden shock. She got to her feet with a slight wince. "I think we're all still alive, Matt." she said, drawing in a deep breath to steady herself.

Jay (and Dani)
"You alright?" Jay asked, limping over to join one of the hikers--Danielle if he remembered right, as she sat up, putting a hand to her head with a grimace. She had a scrape on one side of her face and looked a bit unfocused. Please don't let anyone have a concussion, Jay thought, biting his lip as he crouched beside her.

Erik (and Alvina)
"You're welcome." Erik said dryly, raising an eyebrow at the girl as he scooted back against the rock face. "See if I bother saving your life again, hmm?" He crossed his arms over his chest and gave her an annoyed look.

Jeremy (and Mirage)
Jeremy caught his rescuer's eye and smiled back at her.
"So, do I still not get a name?"

((Sorry it's short. I hafta go. ;))

message 36: by Ciara (new)

Bobbi nodded. "Good, that's great," she replied, noticing his ankle but not commenting.
"Me too. It looks like quite a few people fell, but I don't think that anybody is seriously injured.." Bobbi bit her lip. She had been emphatic that the rest of the trip would go smoothly but it seemed that the trouble wasn't half over.

"You can rest against me, if you want," she offered, seeing he would probabaly need to if his ankle was injured.

Beth, Chet

Beth nodded. "I'm fine," she gulped. She felt tears jerk at the backof her eyes, which was unlike her, and her eyes glossed over.
She tried to wipe them away. Seeing the second disaster had triggered the tears, butshe wasn't certain why.

message 37: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Alex and Clary

Alex bustled over to help Clary, but as the sections of the glacier drifted further apart it became harder. "Grab onto my hand!" he instructed, a look of kindness on his face although his voice was worried.

message 38: by Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (last edited Jan 11, 2013 10:20AM) (new)

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: " Bobbi and Simba

Bobbi nodded. "Good, that's great," she replied, noticing his ankle but not commenting.
"Me too. It looks like quite a few people fell, but I don't think that anybody is serious..."

Chet and Beth

"Great. That's great. Its good you're alright."
Chet said, mostly to himself. He rose slowly and unsteadily to his feet, leaning carefully on the side to help himself up as he tried very hard not to put any weight on his left foot.

message 39: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ wrote: "Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: " Bobbi and Simba

"Me too. It looks like quite a few people fell, but ..."

Beth held Chet's arm.
"Oh, God, you've hurt your ankle," she said with a sniff. Her tone was concerned, but she was slightly more concerned about David. She peered around the edges of the glacier but there was no sign of him.

Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ (vyannikrace) | 140 comments Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: "Vyanni Krace ~Wisdom of the bitter sea.~ wrote: "Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* wrote: " Bobbi and Simba

"Me..."

Chet and Beth

Chet sighed. "Yeah..."
He peered a little over the edge, frowning out of worry.
"David's always getting the short-straw isn't he? First the avalanche, now this. Is it an age thing or a karma thing? I wonder..."

message 41: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((Dani can stay if you want. No matter. But if you'd rather she goes where she was originally supposed to, you edit your post and I'll edit mine too. Either way!))

Kris (and Ivar)
Kris shivered. She wasn't sure what was worse--having the ground drop out from under you or watching someone else fall. She brushed the snow off her jacket.
"Well... guess we'd better do a head-count. She glanced briefly around. So far she'd seen Dani (?), Jay, Matt, David, and Ivar.

Jeremy (and Mirage)
"Mirage." Jeremy echoed. He gave her a nod, not really wanting to move much on the narrow ledge. "Nice to meet you." He offered a slight grin. Not the best of circumstances, but.. well he was definitely glad she'd been there. He still felt a little dizzy looking over that steep edge.

Erik (and Alvina)
"I'm sorry. I didn't realize saving your life was a capital offense." Erik replied dryly. "I'll remember not to make that mistake again. Would you like me to make up for it?" He made a sweeping gesture towards the edge of the cliff.

((Sorry sorry sorry!!!!! I've been super busy...:/ Who do you need me to RP the most? I'm not on for long...:/))

message 43: by Ciara (last edited Jan 14, 2013 10:29AM) (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Alex, Clary

Alex ran a hand through his hair. "Uh, hang on!" he said, immediately feeling dumb.
"No, hang on, forget that totally dumb and obvious statement. Just stay completely still, and put no pressure on your ankle. It'll be fine."

Bobbi, Simba

Bobbi smiled as he lay down.
"Well, Alex is fine. I saw him, he's over there. I think he's trying to help somebody, but I don't know who... anyway, try not worry about that now."

Alexi
Shocked, Alexi stared around. Hikers all along had fallen without warning. He ran his eyes up and down the row of hikers. It looked as though about 5-10 had fallen, but to where? He had no idea. But worst, for him, was the fact that Danielle had gone down with them…
Assuming they were still alive, at least she had Ivar and Kris with her, two of the best leaders he knew.

Julian--so I’m going to temporarily borrow him from Air because we need him. Once she gets back I’ll hand him over ;)
Fortunately, Julian had learned from Ivar. He recovered from the shock quickly and glanced at Marc. He knew that they needed to bring some sense of calm back to the hikers.
"We need to get going and make them calm down..." he murmured looking at the others, though his heart was still pounding. He felt like this was couldn't get any worse and he was definitely going to be in one of the worst moods until they had everyone back together.

Marc~Alexi and Julian
Marc nodded. "You're right. We're in charge, and we need to get everyone organized, make some plans." He looked around for Alexi and spotted him staring in shock at the place where the campers had fallen. "Alexi!" he called. "Come here for a minute." He saw Amber with Shawn and Juliet, and he longed to go comfort her, but she was in good hands for now with Juliet, and he needed to formulate a plan of action.

Amber
“MATT!” Watching her cousin and best friend fall like that was by far the worst thing Amber had ever witnessed. Without thinking, she made like she was going to follow him down when someone grabbed her arm. This jerked her back and she looked around. It was Juliet. She had laced her fingers with Shawn’s and with her other hand had grabbed Amber’s coat.
“Amber,” she said slowly. “Think about what you’re doing.”
Part of Amber was screaming that she needed to find the others, but the other sensible part was saying, Stop. She told herself to get a grip and took a deep breath. “But Matt…”
“He’s not alone,” Juliet reminded her gently.

Shawn~Juliet and Amber
Shawn held Juliet's hand tight, and rested his other hand on Amber's shoulder reassuringly. "I'm sure he'll be okay, Amber," he said softly. "Don't borrow trouble. For now, we have to assume that Ivar and Kris are taking care of the group that fell, and figuring out what to do. We need to do the same." He gestured towards Marc and Julian. "See, our leaders are together, working something out. We should see if anyone here needs help."

Marc(Alexi and Julian)
Marc took a deep breath. You're a policeman, you're used to situations like this-well, not exactly like this-but you can handle it. You've got people depending on you and looking up to you; you can't fail them, he reminded himself. "We need a plan, guys," he told Julian and Alexi. "From what I can see, it looks like most everyone up here is okay, but in shock and worried about those who fell. I'm thinking we should try to call the Base again, I'm sure they are getting worried with the radio silence. Alexi, if you want to go around and double-check that no one is hurt, that would be great. Julian, start rounding people up and tell them that I have something to say."

message 46: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (last edited May 21, 2013 01:58PM) (new)

Kris (Ivar and Matt)
"What...? Oh." Kris blinked and glanced up at Ivar. "Y-yeah. Fine. I'm fine." Matt's words made her straighten up quickly and brush the churning fears in her mind away. She couldn't lose her head now. She and Ivar were in charge. They had to get everyone safely back to base; that was the only thing that mattered right now. "Yeah, yeah, of course. Sorry Matt. "Don't worry; looks like everyone's fine to me. Why don't you see if you can gather everyone close and we'll have a quick talk about where we're going next?" She counted off the people in her head. Including herself and Ivar, it looked like eight hikers had fallen with the ledge.

Julian (Marc) ((I'm borrowing Julian for now)
"Good idea," Julian agreed, turning cautiously about on the ledge to face the hikers behind him. "Marc, why don't you and Alexi move ahead and try to get a spot of reception. I'll get everyone headed down that way." He gestured to the top of the glacier which changed to rocks. "Once we've got our feet on firm ground we can move around the far peak and head back towards the lodge like Kris and Ivar planned." He bit his lip, looking briefly over the ledge. He wanted very badly to think that the hikers down there were okay, but after that fall any number of them might have hurt or broken something. And perhaps they'd been separated... He lifted his head. He couldn't afford to think like that right now. "Alright, folks, listen up," he said, raising his voice only slightly. He didn't know how unstable the remaining ledge was. "I need everyone to stay calm and move slowly and carefully off the glacier onto the high group up there." He pointed. "Step lightly, and keep your hands off your fellow hikers. I don't want anyone losing balance." He turned a sharp eye on Alvina and Erik. "And you two settle down or I'll separate you."

Erik (Alvina)
"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the world doesn't revolve around you and I was just being a decent person and helping someone who was about to fall," Erik drawled, rolling his eyes dramatically. One of the leaders cut abruptly through their conversation.
"You two settle down or I'll separate you," the man snapped. Erik glowered at him.

message 47: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Jay and Kris (Ivar and Matt)
"Hmm? Oh, yeah." Jay brushed the snow out of his hair and eyes as he stood up. "I think so." He looked around. "Is anyone hurt? That was a decent fall."

Erik (Alvina)
Erik had the overwhelming childish urge to reach out and touch her on the shoulder just for the fun of it, but the ledge right next to his feet made him think better.
"Alright. My apologies for touching you, your highness," he said coolly, picking his way along the ledge towards the leader.

((*pokes Deborah* Whenever you're ready, we can have the talk between Marc and Todd on the radio.))

((yup yup sorry!!))

Alexi (Julian and Marc)
"The only thing I can think that we can do is to call Base," Alexi agreed. "They can send out search parties. Just so long as our radios still work, I think that's all we can do. We need to get somewhere safe though. I don't think that this is the best place to talk. I worry that it might be somewhat precarious still...and we can't risk loosing more hikers."
Alexi took a deep breath to calm himself, assuring himself that nothing bad could have happened. Experienced hikers were with those who had fallen.

Julian (Marc) ((I'm borrowing Julian for now)
"Good idea," Julian agreed, turning cautiously about on the ledge to face the hikers behind him. "Marc, why don't you and Alexi move ahead and try to get a spot of reception. I'll get everyone headed down that way." He gestured to the top of the glacier which changed to rocks. "Once we've got our feet on firm ground we can move around the far peak and head back towards the lodge like Kris and Ivar planned." He bit his lip, looking briefly over the ledge. He wanted very badly to think that the hikers down there were okay, but after that fall any number of them might have hurt or broken something. And perhaps they'd been separated... He lifted his head. He couldn't afford to think like that right now. "Alright, folks, listen up," he said, raising his voice only slightly. He didn't know how unstable the remaining ledge was. "I need everyone to stay calm and move slowly and carefully off the glacier onto the high group up there." He pointed. "Step lightly, and keep your hands off your fellow hikers. I don't want anyone losing balance." He turned a sharp eye on Alvina and Erik. "And you two settle down or I'll separate you."

Marc~Julian and Alexi
"Thanks, Julian," Marc told his fellow leader, grateful to know that he had someone he could depend on. "Alright, come on, Alexi." He started to move carefully off the glacier, to the higher, firmer ground. He pulled out his radio and switched it on, searching through the channels for something that wasn't static. He pulled the antennae out as far as it would go, hoping that would improve the reception. "Hello, Leader calling Homebase, come in, Homebase." Static. He tried again, moving a little higher. "Leader calling Homebase, come in please, Base." Oh, please come in. He studied the sky as he waited for a reply, hoping that the weather would hold. His gaze shifted to the trail behind him, now mostly ruined by the collapse; piles of snow and ice taller than himself at various places down the steep slope and sharp dropoff. So beautiful...and yet so deadly, he told himself. He tried the radio again. "Homebase, come in please. Leader calling Homebase, come in Base."

message 49: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((No worries. :D We're not in a hurry.))

Todd (Marc)
The voice over the radio was still staticky, but Todd could just make the words, and he was fairly certain who was speaking now.
"Homebase to leader. I hear you. Is that you, Marc? Is everyone alright?" With the interference in the sound, it was hard to tell Marc's tone of voice.

message 50: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((Nope. Good on you for spotting that. I posted in the other thread. We could just scrap the last two posts and change this thread to morning.))

« previous 1