The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > The best crime book you have read

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sagheer (new)

Sagheer Afzal | 2 comments Hello everyone. My name is Sagheer Afzal. I am a UK based author of 'THE RELUCTANT MULLAH' I have decided that my next book is going to be a crime/thriller.
Please can you give me some suggestions of great and memorable crime books you have read.

Thanks for all your help

Sagheer

message 2: by Charles (new)

Charles Well, I can't help weighing in with mine, though you would hardly want to use it as a model. Probably it is inimitable. It is Carlo Emilio Gadda, That Awful Mess On the Via Merulana. Among other things, he runs through all 50+ dialects spoken in Rome. The translation is by William Weaver. In Barzun's Catalogue Of Crime, he complains harshly about this book. You might look into Barzun and Taylor for ideas.

message 3: by Rob (new)

Rob | 7 comments Fatal Vision,, by Joe McGinniss

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel i believe i read thatIn Cold Blood is the 1st non fiction novel ever written- either way it's a great book

message 5: by Charles (last edited Jul 02, 2012 02:16PM) (new)

Charles Rachel wrote: "i believe i read that In Cold Blood is the 1st non fiction novel ever written- either way it's a great book"

That was what it was called at the time, anyway. Since then we have had some notable abuses and non-disclosures. Capote is a good read but straight history can be, too.

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian Thornton | 13 comments THE GLASS KEY by Dashiell Hammett.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

In Cold Blood (other topics)