Blizzard Cast discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Roleplay > Tipvigut Lodge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 118 (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (last edited Jun 12, 2012 11:56AM) (new)

κίρστεν (Kirsten) (kirsten_j) | 352 comments Mod
description

((Roleplayers of TM Employees will RP their characters here.

ALL ROLEPLAYERS will start their hikers here until further notice!))

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 330 comments Mod
Marcus sat in the lodge, reading a safety manual by the fire.

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 330 comments Mod
Arya swung into the lodge, accompanied by a burst of cold air. She slammed the door behind her and looked around. "Hey, Marc," she chirped. They had both been on the Manirak Trail many times, and were old friends. She sauntered over to the couch where he sat. "Scoot over," she ordered, slouching onto the couch next to him. "Whatcha reading?"
He wordlessly moved over, used to her ways, and showed her the cover of his book. "Hey, Rya," he said affectionately, tugging a lock of her hair. "I'm reading the safety manual, getting ready for the hike. How are you this lovely morning? Your usual charming self, I see." He grinned.
She scowled and elbowed him. "Of course I am, and you're the same as usual too: my big brother. You think."
"Hey, someone has to watch out for you, squirt. Otherwise, you'd kill yourself doing something crazy, and I wouldn't be around to get save your pretty neck."
She grinned. "Well, if I had to choose someone to do that, it'd be you."
He laughed and slung his arm around her shoulders.

message 4: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

"Marc!" Jay grinned as he trekked in past the door and quickly clicked it shut against the icy wind. "You and Rya joining us again?" He asked, dumping his pack on the floor and sitting down to pull off his soaked gloves. "We're in for a long haul this week. Just look at the cloud front out there." He said, crouching beside the heating vent to warmi his hands.

message 5: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Jay sat back on his heels to look over at the door when it opened again, sending a gust of cold air over his face and already freezing hands.
"You're one of the new hikers, aren't you?" he said, getting to his feet with sudden understanding. He held out a hand. "I'm Jay. I'm one of the guides."

message 6: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Jay grinned at her.
"Well don't look so excited about it!" he said, amused by her expressionless face. "You're pretty early. We're not scheduled to head out until 12PM. So make yourself comfortable and get warm!"

message 7: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Jay glanced down at his watch.
"Looks like four hours and fifteen minutes or thereabout." He shrugged off her slightly less than enthusiastic smile. They always got campers like this too--the ones who were trying to prove a point instead of enjoying a beautiful trail.

κίρστεν (Kirsten who loves Greek :) wrote: ""Marc!" Jay grinned as he trekked in past the door and quickly clicked it shut against the icy wind. "You and Rya joining us again?" He asked, dumping his pack on the floor and sitting down to pull..."

Marc stood and clapped Jay on the shoulder. "Good to see you, Jay," he replied. "Yep, we're here again! You just can't seem to keep us away! It's way too beautiful out there for me to let a little thing like the weather stop me, right Rya?"
She grinned. "Course not. We're here to stay. Come bad weather or lack of chocolate, we'll stick to you like glue and peanut butter!!"
Marc chuckled at her funny words.

message 9: by Sammi (new)

Sammi All the sudden there was a thud of snow fall off the roof followed by Sammi sliding off it on skis. She skied down the pile of snow she had pushed off and then she klicked out of the bindings without a thought and skipped into the lodge. There she pulled off her helmet still with the widest grin, "That. Was. AWESEOME" she announced.

Marc raised a brow at the unexpected noise and the resulting girl who walked in. "Another one of those, eh Jay?" he whispered.

message 11: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Jay made a face, torn between laughing and scowling at the girl.
"I'm not sure the Tip Lodge staff would appreciate that." he murmured with a shrug. "She's going to be a handful, I can tell." He glanced back up at the new girl. "Er... Well, just check your equipment again, make sure you've got everything you need, and grab yourself a bite to eat. Don't want to be hungry when we hit the trail."

message 12: by Sammi (new)

Sammi Sammi jumped over a couch and sat down sinking in. She then quickly took off her boots and the rest of her clothing and placed them by the fire, "When we heading out?"

message 13: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Jay bit back a slightly annoyed response. She hadn't been here a moment ago. Still, he couldn't help feeling a bit unnerved by the girl's flippancy. She had, after all, just jumped over the back of the couch. He wasn't sure the Tip lodge staff would like that either.
"About four hours." he answered briefly. "Get some hot chocolate and make sure your stuff is dry."

Kris ducked out of the back office and nearly ran into a girl who was standing near the heating vent. "Oh, geez. Sorry." She said, taking a step back. "Hello, you must be one of the hikers." She held out a hand. "I'm Kris."

Marc heard Kris and grinned. "Hey, Kris," he called. "Ready to hit the snow?"

message 15: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Kris nodded.
"Great. I'm one of the guides." She smiled. "Ever hiked Manirak before?"

message 16: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Kris gave Marc a grin. "Am I ever?" She nodded to Alvina,
"This'll be my second year as a guide." she said brightly. "I've hiked the trail almost every year since I was fifteen, though. I know it like the back of my hand."

"Oh, you're always ready," he replied. "She's good, one of the best," he assured Alvina.

message 18: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Kris snorted at Marcus. "Who me?" She shrugged, turning back to Alvina. "I love this place. My mom and dad were some of the founders of this lodge."
Jay looked up when the door opened again and felt a grin spreading across his face. "Matt! Good to see you again. And this must be your cousin, huh?" He felt a wet nose brush his palm and looked down at the collie dog by his feet. "Hullo, who's this?" He held out a hand for the dog to sniff.

message 19: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Kris paused for a heartbeat.
"Mom hasn't been back to the lodge since dad died." She frowned and shrugged it off. "I like the trail, though. Reminds me of him when he was healthy. We used to hike it together."

"I'm a leader... sort of." Jay said with a shrug. "I'm just around to make sure no one gets hurt." He shook her hand. "My sense of direction is too bad for me to ever guide a group alone." he added with a grin. He looked down at the dog by Amber's legs. "Is she your dog?" he asked.

message 20: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (last edited Jun 13, 2012 08:09PM) (new)

Kris raised an eyebrow and looked curiously at Alvina. She could hear the ice that crept into the younger girl's voice. She shrugged again.
"My Uncle hired me as a guide a year after dad died. The first hike out was tough, but I'm glad I came back. I think this place is too much a part of me to ever leave it for good." She smiled again. "You'll see what I mean when we're on the trail. This place always draws people back again."

Jay huffed and rolled his eyes.
"I'd make an awful guide. We'd get lost on the first day. There's a reason why I'm still a medic." He grinned at the dog and gave her a scratch between the ears. "She'll be in good hands, I can assure you. Kris's Uncle loves dogs." he nodded at the brown-haired girl a few feet away chatting with one of the new campers.

((Yay!! ;D))

Rya stood up. "Hey Matt," she chirped. "You ready to hit the trail? Take on the wide open spaces?" She grinned.

((What about Rya/Matt?))

message 23: by Sammi (new)

Sammi Sammi got bored of the conversation and went over and started playing with the fire. She started adding more wood to the fireplace cause she realized that in her opinion it was dying out. However when she still wanted it bigger she went out side and found some dried pine branches and added them systematically so the when one started to stop glowing so brightly another was there to take its place.

message 24: by yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde!, I'll run the risk of being intimate with brokenness. (last edited Jun 14, 2012 05:27PM) (new)

Rya shook Amber's hand and grinned at Matt. "Nice to meet you too," she replied. "And you're right, Matt, I was born ready!" She turned back to Amber. "Have you met Marc?" she asked. She grabbed Marc's hand and tugged him forward. "This is Marcus: My adopted big brother and best friend. We've been hiking the trail together for what? 6 years now? A while, anyways." Marc flashed his charming smile at Amber. "Pleased to meet you," he said in his deep British voice. He shook her hand warmly. She's rather pretty, he thought.

((Yeah!! She likes him too!!))

((Oh, and for those who don't know, Marcus is BRITISH!! OYA!! lol XD))

message 25: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

"Oh, I don't know." Kris said dismissively. "I might leave. I just always come back eventually." She gave the girl a searching look. "Perhaps you ought to have a hobby or something. People lose their minds if they don't get time off." She grinned. "Unless they've got a job like mine, I guess."

Jay raised an eyebrow, amused at Marc's greeting.
"Marc is one of the real trail guides." he said to Amber. "Between him and Kris, you guys are really getting the best group."

"Let's just say that we're a team, shall we Jay?" Marc suggested modestly. "We work together and that is what makes us a good group!"

message 27: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) Lune walked in, wearing a thin jacket, jeans, and sneakers. As usual, there were many people. Her husky whined, and she rubbed Shadow behind his ears.

message 28: by Sammi (new)

Sammi Sammi skipped over to Lune, "Hey I'm Sammi whats your name?" She asked examening the girl before her and trying to figure out what she would be like. She noticed the thin jacket which she apreceated, a lot people were wearing think coats but Sammi thought it was t-shirt weather.

message 29: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Kris nodded, sensing Alvina's unease from the edge in her voice.
"Well I'll let the trail speak for itself." She conceded lightly. She glanced at Alvina's pack sitting in the corner with a slight frown of puzzlement. "Have you got everything you need there? It's going to be a cold hike. The lodge can always lend you an extra blanket or jacket if you need. Jay and Alexi don't like the hikers getting frostbite."

"Well if you're anything like your cousin, we've got the beginnings of a great group of campers already." Jay said approvingly, still ruffling the border collie's ears. "Great dog you've got here. Pity she can't come along." he added, grinning down at the dog whose tail was wagging cheerfully.

message 30: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Kris raised an eyebrow slightly at the pack.
"Well... just help yourself to the lodge supplies. That's what they're here for, you know? You wouldn't be the first person to forget blister bandaids or an extra pair of gloves. We've even had campers show up without snow boots!"

Jay nodded.
"Matt's great to have along. You have no idea how many whiners we get on these trips." He made a face. "You'd think their toes were falling off with all the noise they make to me over a bit of snow in their boots."

message 31: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

"Oh, good heavens." Jay rolled his eyes. "The little blond-haired, blue-eyed princess? I don't think anyone could beat her out on prissiness and general annoyingness. She as good as asked me to carry her the last five miles. Hullo, Ivar." Jay said, his grin returning as he looked up at the guide. "You're here too, huh? All the old faces back together again!"

Kris eyed the girl thoughtfully for a moment before her attention was caught by a familiar and welcome voice. She lifted her head, eyes lighting up.
"Hey, Ivar!" She grinned, heading over to join him. Ivar had hiked the trail with her every year since she was a teen. "Good to see you again!"

message 32: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

"Long as you don't miss the snowmobiles." Jay said with a shrug. "I was the only medic for one hike. It was awful." He scowled at Alexi in mock annoyance. "That was the time Amanda came. I bet you knew in advance, didn't you? I would've ditched too if I'd known."

Kris wandered over to stand next to Ivar.
"How'd summer treat you? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!"

"Hey Ivar!" Marc replied. "Man, this is going to be a great group this year."
"I can't wait to get out on the trail!" Rya added excitedly.

message 34: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Jay snorted.
"Good grief, I hope not." He patted Alexi on the shoulder. "If we do, you can have the privilege of dealing with her." he smirked.

Kris nodded.
"You should really come stay out here. Summer's just not the same since you left, you know."

message 35: by yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde!, I'll run the risk of being intimate with brokenness. (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:06PM) (new)

Marc turned to Amber. "So, how long have you been hiking?"

message 36: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:47PM) (new)

Jay nodded emphatically.
"You really missed out last year." He paused, noticing Kris standing next to Ivar who had a familiar smile on his face and that look in his eyes. "Look, it's the will-they-won't-they couple again." he commented in a quieter voice, grinning. "Poor old Ivar."

"I'm planning to." Kris said. "I've been here for almost nine months now." She sighed quietly. "But really, I'm glad you're here. It was kinda rough the first few weeks. I hadn't been back since... since dad died, you know." She shrugged it off quickly. "It'll be good to have a familiar face on the hike."

((Ivar would've been on a lot of hikes with Kris when they were younger, since he's older than her and started at 17. So I'm thinking he would've known Kris & her parents really well.))

message 37: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

((Ahahahahaha Alexi's comment cracked me up. xDD))

Kris briefly wrapped her arms around Ivar, grateful for the support.
"It's okay. I'm getting used to it. Guess it must be weird for you too, coming back here." she pointed out.
She shrugged. "Anyways, I'll feel better once we get out on the trail, that's all."

Jay chuckled.
"Yeah, I kinda noticed, and I've only been here two years now." He turned to look at the two and his eyes grew as round as Alexi's. "Aw, look, she hugged him back." He couldn't help the grin that spread across his face. "I really hope that's not just Kris's 'friend' hug. It'd be like teasing the poor guy."

message 38: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) Sammi wrote: "Sammi skipped over to Lune, "Hey I'm Sammi whats your name?" She asked examening the girl before her and trying to figure out what she would be like. She noticed the thin jacket which she apreceate..."

"It's Lune. And you're Sammi?" She asked.

message 39: by Sammi (new)

Sammi "Yup" Sammi said turning and looking at the rest of the group. "So you excited?"

Ashby Grace wrote: "Amber looked at Marc and answered, "I started when I was about 15, when Matt got his license and we started hiking together; you know...cousin time," she smiled, hoping it didn't sound weird. "No o..."

((sorry, I had to get off suddenly. :P))

"Oh, me and the squirt have been hiking and skiing together for about 6 years," he said affectionately. "But we've known each other since she was 11. We've been friends-no, more than friends-for a long time. We are very close."

At that he stilled, looking down. He said softly, "She is my family. We met in the orphanage. She had just lost her parents-she was an only child-and I was abandoned at birth. We grew up together. Neither of us has anyone else."

message 42: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

Jay snorted.
"Matt, you're such a romantic." he said, giving the taller guy a shove. "Kriss'll figure it out. She just needs time. She has had a lot on her mind the last couple years, you know."

"Yeah. And we'll have this lot to look after. It'll be good." Kris said, pulling back. She jabbed a finger at his chest. "As long as you don't go climbing any more glaciers. I almost had a heart attack last year when you slid down. Thought you were going to get yourself killed!"

Shawn opened the door, letting in a burst of freezing air. He quickly shut it behind him and looked around, blowing on his cold hands. Pretty big group this time, he noticed. Lots of the regulars-Marc, Rya, Jay, Kris, Ivar, Alexi-But some new people too. "Hey guys!!" He said. "Sorry I'm late." He walked over to Jay and stuck out his hand. "Jay, good to see you man!!"

message 44: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

"About time!" Jay said, taking Shawn's hand with a grin. "Hey, Shawn, how've you been?"

((Eep.. so short. -_-))

He grimaced. "I know, sorry, I had a bunch of stuff that I had to get dine before I left. I've been pretty good, just working and stuff. You?"

message 46: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (new)

"Same, mostly work." Jay said with a nodd. He smirked at Matt. "This guy here's been watching our resident will-they-won't-they couple rather hopefully." he said, patting Matt on the shoulder. "What d'you think, Shawn? Matt seems convinced that they'll finally figure things out this year."

Kris laughed.
"Okay, but try to pick one without big rocks at the bottom and maybe I'll join you next time." she suggested, shaking her head. "I think mom was right; boys have a few screws loose. They always pick the craziest ways to have 'fun'."

message 47: by yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde!, I'll run the risk of being intimate with brokenness. (last edited Jun 17, 2012 08:31PM) (new)

Shawn laughed. "Oh, I don't know, but that would be nice, wouldn't it?" He clapped Alexi on the shoulder. "Hey, Alexi! Nice to see you!"

Marc didn't seem to hear Amber. "All my life, I was taken from orphanage to foster home, and back to the orphanage. I was never in one place for more than a year. Except-" He shook his head, shaking himself out of his reverie. "Sorry, I don't know why I'm telling you all this."

message 48: by κίρστεν (Kirsten), AWESOME STUPID LLAMA FACE (last edited Jun 17, 2012 07:52PM) (new)

"You too, Alexi?" Jay said, raising an eyebrow. He grinned. "Okay, bets, guys. How long d'you think it'll take them?"

Kris snorted.
"You would know that." she said, rolling her eyes. She sighed. "Why'd you ever leave, Ivar? I almost forgot how weird and awesome you are. It gets so boring here without you."

message 49: by yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde!, I'll run the risk of being intimate with brokenness. (last edited Jun 17, 2012 10:10PM) (new)

Shawn laughed. "Oh, I'd say somewhere around the middle of the hike." He thought of something. "Hey, do you know if Juliet is going to be here?" He asked, trying to sound casual.

((How long is the hike?))

message 50: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 169 comments Beth walked in slowly, taking in her surroundings. She saw alot of others already in the Lodge. I might as well go introduce myself, she thought, stepping toward a group of people she didn't yet recognize.

"Hi! I'm Beth," she said, smiling.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.