The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

best book ever, name it and why

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah THE HUNGER GAMES, brcuse it gives meaning to life

Sarah becuse*

Maddy I thought it was hunger games, but now it's significance because it is so Addicting. Paranormal romance all the wayyyyyyy

Zoeღ the Hush Hush series! cuz Patch is so hot and you cant get enough of this series.

Sarah he is hot i agree

Elizabeth Too many to choose from...I really don't know, there are too many books I love.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The Harry Potter series. Because it's amazingly well-written, captivating, the characters are awesome and believable, the story is just fantastic, and the storyline is amazingly awesome. J.K. Rowling... You are amazing.

message 8: by em (last edited Aug 12, 2012 02:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

em Either Divergent or The Maze Runner because they are both so well written, exciting, interesting and funny. I love The Hunger Games too, but it's a tie between those two.

Okay, I change my mind, Harry Potter all the way because it is amazing, and magical, and it evolves from a bad world, to a magical world, to a world filled with terror.

Sarah Emma wrote: "Either Divergent or The Maze Runner because they are both so well written, exciting, interesting and funny. I love The Hunger Games too, but it's a tie between those two."

i like divergent better

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

divergent

Brittany The Book Thief. It's just so sad and beautiful

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Vampire Academy: (the whole Series) Because it is a unique book from a different point of view from Bella.

Reckless, : It has a different point of view of paranormal characters and the love between a human and a Goyl.

message 13: by Fanzura (last edited Jun 13, 2012 03:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fanzura A book called Twist of Gold by Michael Morpurgo. Its a children's book. I read it when i was 10 but i remember it quite vividly. Its about a Irish family during the potato famine. I cried soooo hard that my mom had to come and comfort me(they get separated and all...) That book, started it all.

And of course, Harry Potter. Its a classic. Its pretty much the reason i am what i am today. =D

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "Vampire Academy: (the whole Series) Because it is a unique book from a different point of view from Bella.

Reckless, : It has a different point of view of paranormal characters and the love betwee..."

who's bella?

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Cullen, Twilight?

Shanna YA? Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman It'll blow your mind

Hazel Shanna wrote: "YA? Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman It'll blow your mind"

seconded. This book is an emotional rollercoaster.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Too many to choose from...I really don't know, there are too many books I love."

Exactly!

Sarah Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "Vampire Academy: (the whole Series) Because it is a unique book from a different point of view from Bella.

Reckless, : It has a different point of view of paranormal characters and the love betwee..."

i loooove the vampire academy books

Sarah Abel wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Too many to choose from...I really don't know, there are too many books I love."

Exactly!"

true if i could id name about 200 books i like or more

Rosie The Hunger Games series because it really is addicting and really gives a meaning to life as Sarah said above :)

Sarah Rosie wrote: "The Hunger Games series because it really is addicting and really gives a meaning to life as Sarah said above :)"

i just felt that the only resone Katniss was alive was for the people, for them to have a safe home, and for there children to be safe, in a world of no more killing and war

Rachel Vampire Acadamy because it's a great story with alot of twists and turns.

message 24: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella There are so many books to choose from but I'm gonna go with Hunger Games. Once I started I couldn't put it down!

Haidi The Lies of Locke Lamora - it was the funniest, craziest, OMG sort of book I have ever read. The dialogue between the main characters was brilliant and so realistic. It had the most clever plot and story line and I couldn't put it down.

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ I have never heard of that book, What's it about?

Haidi It's about a professional thief and his small group of buddys. They are called the Gentlemen Bastards. It's set in a make believe world but not a far-fetched one. It doesn't have vampires or fairies or anything like that but does make reference to alchemy quite alot.

Anyway, the main plot of the story is about the Bastards huge scheme to swindle thousands of dollars out of a rich couple and they do this by taking on the persona of fake people and the also pretend to be all sorts of other people along the way too. They get into trouble with other "secret" people and have to scheme their way out of every situation. The conversations are heaps funny and there are twists and turns around every page. It's fantasy but not too far fetched. do a search for it on goodreads and have a look. It may not be your thing if your a younger reader but you may like it too. You never know.

When I finished the last page I was just in awe, I couldn't believe how much I absolutely love it. I'm reading the second and apparently there will be 3 or 4 more. Brilliantly written.

Amber Ferreday Not a book but a series the weather wardens series such an action packed series full of twists and magic Amazing books!!

message 29: by Marie-Claude aka MC (last edited Jun 22, 2012 07:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marie-Claude aka MC Harry Potters the whole series. (my fav books thoug were 4, 6 & 7).

Vampire Academy (the entire series was just AMAZING, best vampire books EVER).

The Hunger Games (just the first book!) was a masterpiece. The 3rd was an epic fail.

Fantasy aside, I really like Dan Brown's book. Angels & Demons was fabulous. I liked it more than Da Vinci Code.

message 30: by Caitlin (last edited Jun 22, 2012 08:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caitlin For now The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices because they are just amazing !

message 31: by Lora (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lora Obsidian all the way!!!! Daemon was sexy!! And characters were so well put together. This book made a laugh out loud so many times while I was on a airplane people around me probably thought I was insane. The romance in the book was hot. LOVED IT! If you haven't read it yet, you seriously need to ;)

Melinda Gregory Best book ever? That's a tough one... I did love The Hunger Games (book 1) - it was written in such a way that kept the reader turning the pages and hungry for more; and, even though it was told through Katniss' eyes, you were never really sure if she was going to make it through.
But . . . I also love Stephen King's "The Long Walk" and Ken Follet's "The Pillars of the Earth"... both outstanding works of fiction.

Shanna Sarah wrote: "becuse*"

because