Food and Fiction. discussion

Fiction > Which is your favorite food related book?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariakelly) | 92 comments Mod
Mine has to be 'The Food of Love by Anthony Capella. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has read it and what they thought of it.

message 2: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (nblackburn) I am, in moderation, a Paula Deen girl. Absolutly love she and her sons' books.

message 3: by Sariann (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:52AM) (new)

Sariann Lehrer (choppedginger) | 11 comments I recently read The Feast Nearby How I lost my job, buried a marriage, and found my way by keeping chickens, foraging, preserving, bartering, and eating locally (all on $40 a week) by Robin Mather , which is a bit of a memoir type book, but also has some great recipes in it.

message 4: by Maria (new)

Naomi wrote: "I am, in moderation, a Paula Deen girl. Absolutly love she and her sons' books."

I'd never heard of Paula Deen, probably 'cos I'm British but she sounds inspirational. I'd love to read her autobiography.

message 5: by Dianne (new)

Dianne She is big in the U S and has a cooking show on the food network
http://www.foodnetwork.com/paulas-hom...

I love her french Rolling Pin!

message 6: by Cath (new)

Cath | 4 comments Heartburn, by the late, great Nora Ephron. Brilliant food...

message 7: by Irene (new)

Irene | 1 comments The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister is still my favorite food-lit book.

message 8: by Maria (new)

Oh I loved that book. Been meaning to read it again for ages, I'll get around to it eventually.

message 9: by Jo (new)

Jo | 13 comments Have any of you read Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen? The books not that great but I love the movie! It's such a comfort movie for me. The only other books I have read about food are cookbooks. I will be looking up the books on this thread.