Teen Writers - Contests and Tips and More! discussion

Games! > Book Quotes Game

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 896 comments Mod
In this game, one person says a page number and a sentence number and the next person has to write the sentence that corresponds with what the first person said in a book and so on.

Example:

Person A: Page 3 Sentence 5

Person B: "Day after day under a pale, worthless sun." - Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

Page 233
Sentence 2

Person C: "He propped his hands on his knees and stared out at the frothy waves." - Torment

Page 100
Sentence 10

And so on! Let's begin!

Page 82
Sentence 6

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily "Which means he could be dangerous." - The Sight (Two Novels Premonitions and Disappearance) by Jude Watson

Page 5
Sentence 11

message 3: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"'D**n it, I thought they'd be home later.'" - Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne

Page 92
Sentence 2

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily "'Come on,' she said."- The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain

Page 111
Sentence 8

message 5: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"'You're just lucky I didn't dump us out in the East River.'" - City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

Page 29
Sentence 7

message 6: by Wren (new)

Wren Tilbury | 6 comments "'No sisters,' I said."- Define Normal by Julie Anne Peters

Page 114
Sentence 15

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily "Genevieve was still sitting on the old sofa when they walked back into the room, and Marty stood at the window, looking less confident than he had a few minutes earlier." - The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain

Page 82
Sentence 20

message 8: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"Outside, the damp air was rich with the odor of lake mud and rotting reeds." - Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne

Page 1
Sentence 2

message 9: by Wren (new)

Wren Tilbury | 6 comments "But, it is the same with any life"- One Day by David Nicholls

Page 65
Sentence 12

message 10: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"'Funny would be Wes continuing to dress like a third grader on school-picture day.'" - Deadly Little Secret (Touch, #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Page 29
Sentence 3

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily "'Who are you?' Emma whispered, a shiver running up her spine." - The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard

Page 57
Sentence 6

message 12: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"'Need a model?'" - Deadly Little Secret (Touch, #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Page 300
Sentence 1

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"Aibileen been clear on that," several say. "That ain't why I'm..." The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Page 253
Sentence 7

message 14: by ♥Day♥ (new)

♥Day♥ | 13 comments " Twice I tried to catch it and missed. " Cast Two Shadows The American Revolution in the South by Ann Rinaldi

Page 1
Sentence 1

message 15: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees." - Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand

Page 2
Sent 1

message 16: by ♥Day♥ (new)

♥Day♥ | 13 comments " Not waiting on Mandy's answer, he put his head down, his brown hair flopping over his face, and started to pedal like mad. " Tabby In The Tub (Animal Ark series, #29) by Ben M. Baglio

Page 33
Sentence 11

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

With a renewal of tenderness, however, they repaired... Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Page 46
Sentence 8

message 18: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"Everyone except Bridget, obviously." - Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Page 298
Sentence 4

message 19: by Glinda the Gallifreyan (last edited Jun 19, 2012 01:28PM) (new)

Glinda the Gallifreyan "You and Orc almost killed me." Gone

Page 100
Sentence 9

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

eyes, like the sea itself. - The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare (I love this book:)

Page 45
Sentence 8

message 21: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"At first I thought he saw Patrice and me, but he kept on walking without breaking his stride." - Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray

Page 322
Sentence 2

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"For what?"- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Page 14
Sentence 5

message 23: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"It's not that we think we're better than them, we're just different." - Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles

Page 92
Sentence 3

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

She wrote one for Marie about how she'd...- The Year of Miss Agnes (Aladdin Historical Fiction) by Kirkpatrick Hill (still love this book:)

Page 2
Sentence 1

message 25: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"'We're censoring now?'" - Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool, #1) by Gemma Halliday

Page 50
Sentence 2

message 26: by Katie (new)

Katie Joiner (katiejoiner) "'I told you you'd be sorry,' Chip Jr. said." -Honey, Baby, Sweetheart

message 27: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

Katie wrote: ""'I told you you'd be sorry,' Chip Jr. said." -Honey, Baby, Sweetheart"

Now you put a page number and sentence number

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie Joiner (katiejoiner) Sorry! It was way late when I wrote that(: I completely forgot!

Page 65, sentence 4

message 29: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"I just looked at him." - Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Page 99
Sentence 2

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie Joiner (katiejoiner) "Too many rules, too much structure, too many people." - The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass

Page 180
Sentence 6

message 31: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"Alex looks at me curiously." - Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles

Page 400
Sentence 1

message 32: by Emily (last edited Jun 30, 2012 03:05PM) (new)

Emily "I was up early the morning of the funeral because I hadn't been able to sleep the night before." - The Year I Turned Sixteen Rose, Daisy, Laurel, Lily by Diane Schwemm

Page 24
Sentence 9

message 33: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"'Oh, God, Auden,' she said, her voice tight, 'I am so, so sorry.'" - Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Page 255
Sentence 6

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments "a game of settin' the world by its ears, callin' on power no man should use for casual purposes?" The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness, #3) by Tamora Pierce

Pg 367 sentence 21

message 35: by Katie (new)

Katie Joiner (katiejoiner) "For the slanting bit of light, coming in from the narrow casement."

Inkheart (Inkheart, #1) by Cornelia Funke

Page 292 sentence 9

message 36: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"I wrenched my neck, trying to fight back, snapping at its limbs and shuddering when the spider's head descended toward my shoulder." - Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

Page 11
Sentence 3

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 174 comments He haunted our woodshed - like a ferret in a dovecote, Rosie said - looking down his nose and scratching notes in a little book he carried everywhere. A Curse Dark As Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce

Pg 261 sentence 18

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily "'I wanted someone to be waiting for you.'" - Night Road by Kristin Hannah

Page 63
Sentence 22

message 39: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"(Not the Augustus Waters situation or the Amsterdam situation. The cancer situation.)" - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Page 1, Sentence 4

message 40: by Emily (last edited Jul 18, 2012 03:44PM) (new)

Emily "Bears probably crept through the quiet subdivisions at night, looking for places that not long ago had been theirs." - Night Road by Kristin Hannah

Page 11
Sentence 3

message 41: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"I rubbed my arms for warmth and sat next to him on the steps." - The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain

Page 7
Sentence 3

message 42: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"'A cheeseburger and a Coke,' I told the girl working the stand." - Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Page 11
Sentence 7

message 43: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"'Who asked you out?' Jude asked, coming out of the main office right in front of April and me." - The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain

Page 26
Sentence 7

message 44: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"I hear the tinkle of breaking glass and someone yells, 'Fire in the hole!'" - Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Page 7
Sentence 8

message 45: by Natalie, Moderator (new)

Natalie Pan | 19 comments Mod
"He didn't know what he was going to, but had to be better than what he was leaving behind." Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Page 213 Sentence 3

message 46: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"Daniel rubbed his hand over his head, as if he could still feel the pain of his fractured skull." The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain

Page 26
Sentence 7

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I am nervous to have him here, mixing the sad remains of my family life with the sad remains of my Dauntless life.- Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth

Page 3
Sentence 6

message 48: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"The muted morning light was still new in the sky as I wriggled into my jeans and grabbed a warm black sweater - this early in the morning, and this high in the hills, even September felt cold." - Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray

Page 13
Sentence 7

message 49: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"When I entered the kitchen for breakfast, my family fell silent." - Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

Page 26
Sentence 2

message 50: by YNNA (new)

YNNA (ynthepage) | 25 comments "Dad?" - Ten Things I Hate About Me by Randa Abdel-Fattah

« previous 1