Children's Books discussion

The Picture-Book Club > July 2012: (On Hiatus)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Kathryn | 6089 comments Mod
As a reminder, the Picture Book Club will be on a semi-hiatus for the month of July as we will not have a themed read in July. I hope this gives everyone a chance to enjoy friends, family, summertime activities (well, for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. I guess those in the Southern Hemisphere can enjoy cozying up with a good book and a warm blanket!) and, of course, other books! :-)

Meanwhile, I look forward to resuming the club for August. Although we will not be hosting a theme for July, please check back at the end of June when I will post the poll to select August's theme. In July, we will have nominations and voting for the August books.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1077 comments Thanks, Kathryn. Even though I haven't participated for awhile, I love this club. I hope to participate again, sooner rather than later.

message 3: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 312 comments That's fine. I have a new grand-daughter coming any minute and will spend the time getting to know her!

message 4: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) Tricia wrote: "That's fine. I have a new grand-daughter coming any minute and will spend the time getting to know her!"

Congratulations!!

message 5: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Tricia wrote: "That's fine. I have a new grand-daughter coming any minute and will spend the time getting to know her!"

Oh, wonderful! Congratulations :-)

message 6: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Lisa wrote: "Thanks, Kathryn. Even though I haven't participated for awhile, I love this club. I hope to participate again, sooner rather than later."

Thanks, Lisa :-) I hope you can, too.

message 7: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) While you're all hiatus-ing, I'm going to read books from a previous month. I can't remember which it is, it's the one where the theme is libraries. :)

message 8: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Trevor wrote: "While you're all hiatus-ing, I'm going to read books from a previous month. I can't remember which it is, it's the one where the theme is libraries. :)"

Oh, glad to hear that, Trevor! That was a *wonderful* month. Loved the books, as did most of our members. So happy you can catch up with them. Feel welcome to post your thoughts, even though it's an "old" thread. Always glad to hear from members and it's fun to revive some of the past threads, too.

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) Thanks! I will do that. :)