What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Girl nicknamed Stormy, goes to live in the city with sister

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (last edited Jun 12, 2012 11:17PM) (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments Basically all I know is that the characters nickname is Stormy. I'm not sure what her real name is. She goes to live in the city with her sister for school but ends up not liking it and going home.
Thanks for your help :)

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (weareattached) | 218 comments Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9) by Ellen Schreiber maybe?

message 3: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments Nope. It had nothing to do with vampires. More of a countryish book.

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments I don't know if this fits exactly, but the girl's name is Stormy.

Stormy by Mary K. Pershall

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
For some reason I can't find bookel's book on GR but here is a googlebooks summary:

Story for secondary school-age children about an impetuous young girl whose father leaves her with neighbours after her mother dies, but who is determined to live in a place where she belongs.

And a cover:

message 6: by bookel (last edited Mar 26, 2014 09:24PM) (new)

bookel | 2322 comments There is an older cover.

SUMMARY : It had all started long ago, when her mother was still in their house. One awful afternoon, Stormy's dad had lifted her on to the big white mare and said, "Ride. Ride till someone takes you in." And Stormy had ridden, and the neighbours had taken her in, and that's where she'd had to stay for most of her childhood. This summer Stormy's turning eleven, and she's had enough. She's sick of being dumped. She wants to be with people who have her blood in their veins and she's determined to make it happen.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Tanya, are you still looking for this? Was it bookel's suggestion?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Tanya, are you still looking for this? Was it bookel's suggestion?"

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

I can't tell if bookel's suggestion is the correct book, although it sounds like she's not in the city if she's riding a horse there.