CrazyBookWormies discussion

Member's Corner > Worst Book cover?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Nicole | 1683 comments Mod
Any? I those books that only has the Title and the neme of the Author.

message 2: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Jun 13, 2012 01:48AM) (new)

Mig (minzo) | 1267 comments Mod
Wormwood by Isabella Kruger

LIST: http://www.goodreads.com/list/user_vo...
i didn't have time to check everything so i only voted 5.

message 3: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

I can see why. Crappy editing.

message 4: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

Nicole wrote: "I can see why. Crappy editing."

LOL.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Almost all UK book covers

message 6: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Why?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I just really don't like them compared to the american book covers!

message 8: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "I just really don't like them compared to the american book covers!"

Oh, Yea, I didn't like my Bloomsbury edition of The HP6

message 9: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins I don't like this cover. :\ too messy.

message 10: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (last edited Jun 14, 2012 08:06AM) (new)

I like this HG cover The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Nicole wrote: "I like this HG cover The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins"

I agree with that! so simple and beautiful :)

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie (julietearjerky) | 7 comments look at these covers:

The Bringer by Samantha Towle

Charity Moon by DeAnna Kinney

The Awakening by Mary Abshire

message 13: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

They all look alike.

message 14: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I love house of night series but I don't like this Hidden (House of Night, #10) by P.C. Cast

message 15: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Beatrice wrote: "I love house of night series but I don't like this Freakonomics A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt"

Why? Gotta know why.

message 16: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) The cover is just... too bright to look. idk.

message 17: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

Beatrice wrote: "The cover is just... too bright to look. idk."

looks like a magazine rather than a book?

message 18: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

lol, AI was looking at the Freakanomics one.

message 19: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Paperworm wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "The cover is just... too bright to look. idk."

looks like a magazine rather than a book?"

true.

message 20: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Jul 09, 2012 02:46AM) (new)

The new editions suck. THEY WON'T EVEN MAKE A MATCHING COVER FOR THE THIRD BOOK! I HATE THAT! THE NEW COVERS FREAKING SUCK!!!!! (even if i haven't read the trilogy yet.)
description

message 21: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

AW! I like the first cover. You know! I only read the 1st book!

message 22: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Jul 09, 2012 02:53AM) (new)

Nicole wrote: "AW! I like the first cover. You know! I only read the 1st book!"

i fell in love with those old covers... even if i haven't read it yet... they should have made an original style cover before repackaging these. i really hate them now.

the new covers looks like a freakin Retro Cheap 60's or whatever Last-Friday-Night-Katy-Perry style. it's soo cheap looking and disgusting!

message 23: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (last edited Jul 09, 2012 02:59AM) (new)

Yes, I would just pass through it and not acknowledge it if it's the only cover of Across the Universe. What's with this cover makers?

message 24: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Jul 09, 2012 03:02AM) (new)

i know right. though, i do like the new cover of Uglies even if i don't want to read it.

Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Specials by Scott Westerfeld Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld

Minimalist style!

message 25: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Minimalist!

message 26: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

Nicole wrote: "lol, AI was looking at the Freakanomics one."

oh lol i didn't notice that.. stupid of me.

message 27: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Not really ☻

message 28: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley Don't get me wrong I loved this one but look at this cover!
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 29: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Jul 10, 2012 01:54AM) (new)

Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Don't get me wrong I loved this one but look at this cover!
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green"

It's actually fine to me.
It's simple and not cheaply made

message 30: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley Have you read this book?
It's amazing!And compare that cover to the awesomeness of this book,IT DOESN'T DO JUSTICE:P

message 31: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
No effort.

message 32: by Sierra~Kelley (last edited Jul 10, 2012 02:00AM) (new)

Sierra~Kelley Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo

The cover says it all.

message 33: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Have you read this book?
It's amazing!And compare that cover to the awesomeness of this book,IT DOESN'T DO JUSTICE:P"

i don't like contemporary love stories... but my sister is dying to buy the book. paperback. not hardcover

message 34: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

it's not that bad, but it is weird!

message 35: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Have you read this book?
It's amazing!And compare that cover to the awesomeness of this book,IT DOESN'T DO JUSTICE:P"

i don't like contemporary love stories... but my sist..."

I don't either but this one really touched me.

message 36: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

it's not that bad, but it is weird!"

It looks so...ugh!No words

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare
This cover is so sappy!

message 37: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Jul 10, 2012 02:09AM) (new)

Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

This cover is so ..."

I seriously hate the covers after City of Glass. it would have been better if Simon was alone in the cover. Isabelle or Alec should be in City of Lost Souls like the old style of the first few books: City of Bones, Ashes, Glass

message 38: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley I know!And Clary got like what?3 covers?

message 39: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah (Holdencawffle) Lorien Legacies. The covers are meh. Too simple for my liking.

message 40: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah (Holdencawffle) Sїєяяa~Кёllєу:P wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

This cover is so ..."

Err, Sebastian is on the cover of City of Glass, not Simon. Simon is on the cover of City of Fallen Angels with Clary. I think you got mixed up :p
I read somewhere that City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire are different from the first 3 books so the covers are different, according to Cassandra Clare; she said it's like a separate saga from the first 3 books, hence the multiple characters in CoFA and CoLS, and most likely CoHF.

message 42: by Erin 06 (new)

Erin  06 (erin06) I don't like books cover that have a face of an actual person

message 43: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Aug 12, 2012 09:04PM) (new)

Jeremiah wrote: "Sїєяяa~Кёllєу:P wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

[bookcover:City of Lost ..."

I didn't get it mixed up.. i said AFTER City of Glass. :P
When i wrote this: "it would have been better if Simon was alone in the cover." i meant he would have been better alone in the cover of City of Fallen Angels, and without CLary.

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 83 comments Sїєяяa~Кёllєу:P wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

This cover is so ..."

Totally agree with that. I absolutely hated the cover but I felt like I was the only one - on Tumblr and Twitter everyone was all "Oh.My.Gosh. It's absolutely and totally amazingggggg!". I felt like yelling at all of them to open their dang eyes.

The cover makes COLS seem like a sappy romance novel. When I first saw this, I was just like, does this mean this book is just going to be about making out and saying sappy love quotes that seriously no teenager would ever say (I find that happens a bit too much in books *coughcough* Nevermore *coughcough*).

Also, while I am a girl, one of the things I liked about the past covers was that they could be apealing to both genders, male and female. However, this cover threw that happy idea out of the window and stomped on it several times. If I was guy walking through a book store and saw that, I wouldn't give it a second shot. I would write it of as a chick-flick and ignore it.

Long story short, I HATED the cover. :$

message 45: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Sїєяяa~Кёllєу:P wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

[bookcover:City of Lost ..."

YES. WIN.

message 46: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah (Holdencawffle) Paperworm wrote: "Jeremiah wrote: "Sїєяяa~Кёllєу:P wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

[bookco..."

Aahaha, looks like I misread it xD Sorry :P

message 47: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

Jeremiah wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Jeremiah wrote: "Sїєяяa~Кёllєу:P wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Кєllёу~$їёяяa :P wrote: "Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo"

It looks so...ugh..."

It's okay :D

message 48: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Em | 17 comments Passion (Fallen, #3) by Lauren Kate
Nobody take this personally, but I don't like seeing her face. I like Luce on the other covers, where she's kind of faceless. Sounds weird but yeah.

message 49: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (thefineartofreading) Paperpanda wrote: "The new editions suck. THEY WON'T EVEN MAKE A MATCHING COVER FOR THE THIRD BOOK! I HATE THAT! THE NEW COVERS FREAKING SUCK!!!!! (even if i haven't read the trilogy yet.)
"

I bought this trilogy and I only liked the first cover. I went all over the place looking for the pretty cover of the book and found nothing. They really don't do justice to the books.

message 50: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (thefineartofreading) Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski

their faces take all the space and I don't know whether one of them is a boy or a girl

« previous 1