What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book about horse with no eyes. [s]

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (last edited Jun 12, 2012 05:27AM) (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments I don't remember much, just that there was a girl who had a horse with no eyes. The horse had empty eye sockets and her fists could fit in them.
The girls name might be Stormy or I might be confused with another book?
I think she goes to live with her sister.

Thanks for your help :)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Tanya wrote: "I don't remember much, just that there was a girl who had a horse with no eyes. The horse had empty eye sockets and her fists could fit in them.
Thanks for your help :)"

Sure it was a childrens book? It sounds scary. 00

message 3: by Tanya (last edited Jun 12, 2012 05:26AM) (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments Yep. I read it in primary school.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments I *swear* I had a book titled The Blind Stallion when I was a kid-which would have been the 1970s, but it could have been older. I don't remember much at all about it, except the girl and the blind horse, and that he was born that way.

I cannot find anything with that title, though.

message 5: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments I'm pretty sure there was a Stormy in it. I know the horse was born without eyes

message 6: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Blind Beauty has Tessa, who as a child owned and loved the blind horse Shiner. However when her parents divorced they were separated. Later on, she moves to a ranch and is in charge of training a horse named Buffoon. Doesn't match your particulars though.

message 7: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments I've read blind beauty, that's not what I was thinking of.
Can you list children's/ya books with blind horses please

message 8: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Tanya wrote: "I've read blind beauty, that's not what I was thinking of.
Can you list children's/ya books with blind horses please

It's surprisingly hard to do. Glenn Rounds had The Blind Colt and one other book, but both were boy main characters, not girls. Unfortunately my searches aren't coming up with more at the moment, but if I find anything else I'll post it.

do you remember when you read it, and do you think it was part of a series?

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Here are some that my search turned up.

With girl main character
Blind Beauty
The Blind Pony
A Home for Melanie

With boy maincharacters
Blind Outlaw

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments the Blind Colt was the one I was remembering, not stallion.

message 11: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments The Blind Connemara had eyeballs, they just didn't work properly, I think. Great story, though.

message 12: by bookel (last edited Jul 12, 2013 05:31AM) (new)

bookel | 2112 comments What year did you read it, specifically? Or was it the first or last half of which decade?

Books with horses or ponies that are blind, some already mentioned.

The Blind Connemara by C. W. Anderson
The Blind Pony (Pony Pals #15) by Jeanne Betancourt
A Home for Melanie by Joanna Campbell
Little Freddie's Legacy by Kathryn Cocquyt
The Mystery Of The Creaking Windmill by Harriet Evatt
The Secret In The Hills by David Lewis
The White Pony by Mary Oldham (nearly blind)
The Blind Colt by Glen Rounds
Stolen Pony by Glen Rounds
Blind Outlaw by Glen Rounds
Whitey's Sunday Horse by Glen Rounds
Free Again (Phantom Stallion #5) by Terri Farley
Gaudenzia, Pride Of The Palio (Republished as: Palio : The Wildest Horse Race In The World) by Marguerite Henry
Blind Beauty by K. M. Peyton
Gingerbread by Helga Sandburg
Animal Inn series by Virginia Vail (The Gray Ghost couldn't see well due to cataracts)

None of those?

Did you ever read Stormy by Mary K. Pershall? There's a girl named Stormy, and a horse, but no blindness.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37834 comments Mod
Tanya, are you still looking for this? Was it anything mentioned from msg 8 forward?

message 14: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments SOLVED: The book about the blind horse was Blind Beauty which I was confusing with Stormy, Misty's Foal.

Thanks everyone :)

message 15: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33505 comments Mod
Great, thanks for the update. Here's the link - Stormy, Misty's Foal by Marguerite Henry.

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37834 comments Mod
I'm confused, was the book you were searching for "Blind Beauty" by K.M. Peyton or "Stormy, Misty's Foal"?

message 17: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33505 comments Mod
Ah, I see your point...