Horror Illusion discussion

Reymart's Writing > Landscape of Fear

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reymart (last edited Aug 24, 2012 10:18AM) (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments Stephen King, the author of bestselling novels that scared us since we were young. We watched his novels being turned into movies, and some are still in this time. We read, basically because of his undying ideas and plot that makes us having goose-flesh. I'm not here to say things about him so much, but I did if you know what I mean, but that was incidental yet I did.
Anyways, I am writing a novel titled "The Visitor" (Midnight Visitor-Manuscript)and this man is the one that inspired me the most, ever since. So why I titled this discussion as Landscape of Fear? Well first off all, I got the "Landscape" word from Nightmares and Landscapes of Stephen King and it surely going in through the Nightmare Dreamscapes of the readers. Fear is something that gives us a reason to be scared, without it we are primal and a killer. Our mind is set in a colossal stage where kill is a last option. In psychology we has killing instinct in us since the beginning of time and with time, and the rising civilization of the past, it became beyond the consciousness state. Now, our mind contain just 5 percent out of 100 things primal animals has in their so now you can think that we are safe. We are, in all fashion. And several are having 8 percent of it causing them to have this love in slashing and torturing (based from studies and of course...slasher movies)attitude.
And, oh, before I forgot something I'm so happy to be a part of Horror Illusion group. I'm happy to be here.
This is my first writing in this discussion and sorry, i'm riding a bus while writing this down so as you can read I'm a bit fast enough.
Well, tonight, looking out of the glass window of this bus, and writing here. Fear for me is something that pulls out the curtain of me being silly and all that. It's not that I want to say that pulling out meeting fear is for you to be "unsilly". No. It is for you to be in every way possible. And being fearless? no no. If you wanted to be artistic, especially in writing, you must. In all matter. To be out there and experience the happiness of being feared and scared. Stephen King usually...
Okay, so. Um, I'm done. For now. I'm out here in front of my apartment and it was plainly dark and few streets away the lamp lights are flickering. Almost all the windows are closed and "lights off" and I'm left here standing and typing. It wasn't scary. To me it wasn't but that would make us scream inside when we think about scary tales when we're alone and out. Landscape of fear is like that.
Ey, damn it.
Someone could have kicked a can or something just across the street. Well, no one is there. And I don't want to look back. I don't.

Brook Street, Brooklyn

message 2: by Bookgeek_zah, Head (less) Mod (new)

Bookgeek_zah | 181 comments Mod
That is very meaningful Reymart. (I want to say Hoy Pare! My friend is from the Philippines)

message 3: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments *****
Sorry guys. My apologies. It's [NIGHTMARES AND DREAMSCAPES] and I made an Idea out of that so I absently wrote it NIGHTMARES AND LANSCAPES. Sorry about that. But thanks a lot. I'll be writing a lot of Discussions here. Probably the progress of my book and some of my time-to-time experience from out the Horror-Land. :)

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 69 comments Hey! I read a book called the visitors!! Well, half-read it anyway...It was something about purple rain and two kids with their parents and all adults turning zombies...and I'm pretty sure there were mushrooms somewhere too...

message 6: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments Apps wrote: "Hey! I read a book called the visitors!! Well, half-read it anyway...It was something about purple rain and two kids with their parents and all adults turning zombies...and I'm pretty sure there we..."

Ahaha. yep. I bet there are lots of'em. Well, some stories differ from each other anyway but thanks for saying that. not a final title for my book.

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 69 comments That's what I find the most difficult! I'm absolutely hopeless with titles and headings... xP

message 8: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments Apps wrote: "That's what I find the most difficult! I'm absolutely hopeless with titles and headings... xP"

Title may be seen 'IN' the story itself. That is what I'm doing normally. I don't put official title in my story to make it impressive. I'm getting it from somewhere in the story. As a staff writer in our school magazine it is really helpful. Not really thinking hard about the title. I'm just getting it from a dialogue I wrote or some passage that seems very important. It's amazing. I mean, you did it. Specially made by you.