CrazyBookWormies discussion

Member's Corner > Favorite Dystopian book?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Nicole | 1683 comments Mod
Your favorite dystopian book or Books?

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Hunger Games trilogy
Delirium trilogy

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The Hunger Games (minus the last book)

message 4: by Blujeanbooks96 (new)

Blujeanbooks96 (wwwgoodreadscomblujean_books96) | 297 comments ummm Divergent? I have to think haha

message 5: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley DIVERGENT!!!!

message 6: by Asser (new)

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 109 comments Delirium. :)

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Lauzon (pikkim_miku) | 7 comments The Hunger Games trilogy

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 83 comments Divergent, Legend, and the Hunger Games. All three are amazing (:

message 9: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

Mig (minzo) | 1267 comments Mod
★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Divergent, Legend, and the Hunger Games. All three are amazing (:"

I heard Legend sounds like Divergent? can you confirm that? :)

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 83 comments Paperworm wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Divergent, Legend, and the Hunger Games. All three are amazing (:"

I heard Legend sounds like Divergent? can you confirm that? :)"

In a way. There's a test that you have to take which basically decides how you live your life. Other than that though, I think it's pretty different but that's not to say it's so different that if you like Divergent you wont like Legend. I would highly recommend it! (:

message 11: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (last edited Aug 06, 2012 12:43AM) (new)

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Divergent, Legend, and the Hunger Games. All three are amazing (:"

I heard Legend sounds like Divergent? can you confirm that? :)"

In a way. There's a..."

I'm so furious.. i already saw the book (Legend) on a bookstore.. i wasn't interested at it first but after a few months..I NEED IT. now it's sold out. :((ever had this feeling like you want to go back to the past?)

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 83 comments Paperworm wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Divergent, Legend, and the Hunger Games. All three are amazing (:"

I heard Legend sounds like Divergent? can you confirm tha..."

I've had it more than once. That exact same thing happened to me. I saw a book that I semi-wanted, decided I could live without it for a while and bought another. When I went back a few weeks later they were sold out and because of some argument with someone of some sort they weren't getting anymore in. I bought the e-book but it doesn't have the same feel of actually reading a book :P

message 13: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "I bought the e-book but it doesn't have the same feel of actually reading a book :P"

YES. YES!!!! YES.

message 14: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ | 34 comments Divergent, Delirium, legend.
all so good!!

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 83 comments Paperworm wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "I bought the e-book but it doesn't have the same feel of actually reading a book :P"

YES. YES!!!! YES."

I sort of boycott e-books. They take the money away from bookstores, and quite frankly, they're just not half as good. There's something much more satisfying in turning the pages of a new book for the first time! :P

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sazzyjazzyapple) | 2 comments divergent

message 17: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 14 comments I need to read Delirium. It sounds really good. But for now, the Hunger Games, except for the last book.

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 83 comments Is Delirium worth my time? I couldn't stand Lauren Olliver's other book 'Before I Fall' so I never gave Delirium a chance. Should I? :P

message 19: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

I heard it sounds like Matched.. which was really boring but in a no-hate way.

message 20: by Asser (new)

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 109 comments ★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Is Delirium worth my time? I couldn't stand Lauren Olliver's other book 'Before I Fall' so I never gave Delirium a chance. Should I? :P"

Oh, you should! It's one of my favorites. And it wasn't like Matched. I mean, they're totally different. Matched was really really boring. I didn't even read the rest of its series.

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 83 comments Asser wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Is Delirium worth my time? I couldn't stand Lauren Olliver's other book 'Before I Fall' so I never gave Delirium a chance. Should I? :P"

Oh, you should! It's one of my f..."

Okay, thanks! I'll pick it up the next time I'm at the bookstore (:

message 22: by Liina (last edited Sep 03, 2012 04:56AM) (new)

Liina (plasticine) What, the Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld you guiiiis. I can't believe no-one's said this yet. .-.

message 23: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Lennygirl wrote: "What, the Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld you guiiiis. I can't believe no-one's said this yet. .-."

What is it about? :))

message 24: by Liina (new)

Liina (plasticine) It's based in this incredibly high-tech dystopia where everyone gets an operation at 16 that makes them uncannily beautiful, which turns out to put lesions in their brains that make them think differently. The main character, Tally, has a best friend who runs away to a kind of society called The Smoke that exists out in the wild. The government blackmails Tally to go find her.

It's really beautiful, and about accepting yourself for your flaws and discovering yourself for who you are. Also, there're hover-boards. The ultimate cool.

message 25: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Awwww. The plot seems good. Gotta find a copy!

message 26: by Liina (new)

Liina (plasticine) do iiit. hahah [x

message 27: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Yeah Yeah, hihihihihihih.

message 29: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!

message 30: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

Lennygirl wrote: "It's based in this incredibly high-tech dystopia where everyone gets an operation at 16 that makes them uncannily beautiful, which turns out to put lesions in their brains that make them think diff..."

I'VE READ THIS NA!

message 31: by Mig, Books are my drugs. (new)

Nicole wrote: "Lennygirl wrote: "It's based in this incredibly high-tech dystopia where everyone gets an operation at 16 that makes them uncannily beautiful, which turns out to put lesions in their brains that ma..."

Was it awesome?

message 32: by Nicole, 1. 2. 3. (new)

For me yess, But I don't like the lead girl that much but the Plot is different!

message 33: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Em | 17 comments Hunger Games!

Followed by Divergent :) Love them both. Hurry up Detergent!

message 34: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (thefineartofreading) I love all of the dystopians that I've read but Divergent is my favorite :)

message 35: by Patrice (new)

Patrice Lavandero (patricelavandero) | 3 comments Dark inside! :D Dasrk inside by Jeyn ROberts

message 36: by Steffi (new)

Steffi The Delirium trilogy and the Matched trilogy :)

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I haven't read a lot of dystopian fiction lately, but I guess the series that sticks out the most for me is "The Chemical Garden Trilogy" by Lauren Destefano.

Wither
Fever
Sever