Erudite Readers discussion

Our Favorite Books! > Favorite Authors!

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karina (new)

Karina Who is/are your favorite author(s)?

What do you love about them? What makes them stand out above any other?

Which one of their books or series is your favorite?

message 2: by Karina (new)

Karina Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Stephen King is my favorite author of all time. The man is a genius at writing. He can draw the reader into his books with skill, and he knows what really scares people.
My favorite King book is ..."

I like what I have read by King so far, and I plan to read everything he ever wrote! My brother gave me that book..it took me am entire week to read because it freaked me out too much that I had to stop many times. I tried to make my friend read it and she said no..but in not a very kind way lol

message 3: by Jay (last edited Jun 12, 2012 03:08AM) (new)

Jay Darren Shan, Michael Grant, Michael Scott, Michael Carroll, Mike Mullin,Beth Revis,Rachel Hawkins, Suzzane Collins,Cassandra Clare,Jame Patterson,Neal Shusterman,Rick Riordan,

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Fear (Gone, #5) by Michael Grant Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Sons of Destiny (Cirque Du Freak, #12) by Darren Shan Hell's Heroes (The Demonata, #10) by Darren Shan Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting Ashfall (Ashfall, #1) by Mike Mullin Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3) by C.C. Hunter Starters (Starters, #1) by Lissa Price iBoy by Kevin Brooks Virals (Virals #1) by Kathy Reichs Seizure (Virals #2) by Kathy Reichs We Were Here by Matt de la Pena Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9) by Anthony Horowitz The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1) by Alex Scarrow The Future of Us by Jay Asher Infamous (Chronicles of Nick, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Max (Maximum Ride, #5) by James Patterson Game Over (Daniel X, #4) by James Patterson Variant (Variant, #1) by Robison Wells The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6) by Michael Scott The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3) by Michael Carroll Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells Death Sentence (Escape From Furnace, #3) by Alexander Gordon Smith Everlasting (The Immortals, #6) by Alyson Noel Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Witch and Wizard (Witch and Wizard, #1) by James Patterson Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins If I Grow Up by Todd Strasser Alienation (C.H.A.O.S., #2) by Jon S. Lewis

message 4: by Karina (new)

Karina Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "I've read almost everything King has written. IT freaked me out so bad I couldn't go near a storm drain or a bathroom sink for a year. Pennywise is one evil, scary clown."

I still can't go near the storm drain...and I hate balloons. Ive always been scared of clowns but he made me fear them even more than before.

message 5: by Karina (new)

Karina Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "Karina wrote: "Kyle ~The Rebel Leader~ wrote: "I've read almost everything King has written. IT freaked me out so bad I couldn't go near a storm drain or a bathroom sink for a year. Pennywise is o..."

What did you think of the movie?

message 6: by Karina (new)

Karina Jay wrote: "1.Michael Grant
2. Darren Shan
3. Veronica Roth
4.James Patterson
6.Beth Revis
7.JK Rowling
8.Suzanne Collins
9.Mike Mullin
10. Kimberly Derting
11.Cassandra Clare

[bookcover:City of Lost ..."

I like your list of authors but I don't know who numbers 1 and 9 are..Ill have to check them out!

message 7: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) Markus Zusak, JK Rowling and John Green are my favouritest authors!
Some honourable mentions are Rick Riordan, Jodi Picoult, Lemony Snicket and Dr Seuss.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

JK ROWLING AND JAMES PATTERSON AND CAROLYN KEENE!!!!!!!! (I know Carolyn Keene is only a pseudonym but...there just are so many :)))

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

AWESOME I TOLD U! Maximum Ride forever <3

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Fang <3 **dreamy gaze**

message 11: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
I maybe the only person who doesn't like Maximum Ride?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Awww.

message 13: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Jun 12, 2012 11:29AM) (new)

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4897 comments Mod
Favorites include: (not in any order btw)
Lemony Snicket/ Daniel Handler
Jodi Picoult
Richelle Mead
Veronica Roth
Rachel Hawkins
Sophia Kinsella
Suzanne Collins
And Dr. Seuss :D

message 14: by Jay (new)

Jay Suzanne Collins is spelled with a Z

message 15: by Jay (new)

Jay Maximum Ride is a cool series

message 16: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Favorite Authors:
Cassandra Clare
J.K. Rowling
C.S. Lewis
Philip Pullman
Lewis Carroll
James Dashner
Kristin Cashore
Becca Fitzpatrick
Rick Riordan
Darren Shan
Dr. Seuss
Lemony Snicket!

message 17: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments I don't think Maggie Stiefvater has been mentioned yet. I just love how effortless it is when she writes and how much emotion she can create, particularly in The Scorpio Races, when I cried my eyes out LOL

message 18: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

❤Sarina❤ wrote: "I have lot of favorite authors but one of them is david!"

David Estes?

I forgot Lauren DeStefano

message 19: by ♥Kel (new)

♥Kel (kelsimai) Stephenie Meyer, Marie Lu, Aprilynne Pike, Miranda and , Cassandra Clare.

message 20: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Kelsi wrote: "Stephenie Meyer, Marie Lu, Aprilynne Pike, Miranda and , Cassandra Clare."

I want to read Marie Lu's book and Aprilynne Pike's Wings Series

message 21: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments ❤Sarina❤ wrote: "I have lot of favorite authors but one of them is david!"

Aww you are so sweet Sarina, you may be my only fan lol :P

message 22: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

I'm a fan of you David even though I haven't read it!

message 23: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

David wrote: "❤Sarina❤ wrote: "I have lot of favorite authors but one of them is david!"

Aww you are so sweet Sarina, you may be my only fan lol :P"

Aw :( I never read your book so I can't be a fan yet

message 24: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Lol you guys crack me up!! I'm a fan of all of your comments, so you have a fan too lol!

message 25: by Jenia (new)

Jenia | 124 comments Man this is hard, considiring i love so many. But I'm going list ones i really enjoy.
1)Nicholas Sparks(Loved him since i was 17,his writing is amazing. He actually inspired me to do romance novel)
2)Jodi Picoult.
3)Richelle Mead.
4)Rachel Caine
5)Jay Asher.
6)Stephanie Perkins.
7)David Estes(even though i only read one of his book, it was amazing)
8)Michelle Madow
9)L.J Smith.
10)Scott Westerfeld.
11)Susane Colasanti.
12)John Green.
13)Jessi Kirbi.

Like i said like too many authors. LOL

message 26: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Jun 12, 2012 12:28PM) (new)

I saw you have a fanclub on goodreads though! That's impressive :)

message 27: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I saw you have a fanclub on goodreads though! That's impressive :)"
I know!! One of these days I gotta read your book David!

message 28: by ♥Kel (new)

♥Kel (kelsimai) kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Kelsi wrote: "Stephenie Meyer, Marie Lu, Aprilynne Pike, Miranda and , Cassandra Clare."

I want to read Marie Lu's book and Aprilynne Pike's Wings Series"

U should, it's amazing.

message 29: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I saw you have a fanclub on goodreads though! That's impressive :)"

Lies, all lies lol :) you all like dystopians right? My new one comes out on June 30 and is YA dystopian, I think you'll like it :)

message 30: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Kelsi wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Kelsi wrote: "Stephenie Meyer, Marie Lu, Aprilynne Pike, Miranda and , Cassandra Clare."

I want to read Marie Lu's book and Aprilynne Pike's Wings Series"

U should, it'..."

legend is spectacular!

message 31: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

David wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I saw you have a fanclub on goodreads though! That's impressive :)"

Lies, all lies lol :) you all like dystopians right? My new one comes out on June 30 and is YA dystopi..."

Is it sold in bookstores because I don't like reading on my computer?

message 32: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "David wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I saw you have a fanclub on goodreads though! That's impressive :)"

Lies, all lies lol :) you all like dystopians right? My new one comes out on June 30 and..."

Kindle?

message 33: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments My other books are in print on Amazon and in ebook. My new book will be initially just an ebook but then will be published in print shortly after :)

message 34: by Karina (new)

Karina Oohh Angel Evolution seems like my kind of book! I will have to get a copy soon (:

message 35: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Thanks Karina!! Sorry got all the self promo too, I didn't plan it this way I swear *cackles evilly* so back to favorite authors...Rick Riordan for sure!!!

message 36: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

I love Rick Riordan's work!! I can't wait to read Angel Evolution!! I now own it !!!

message 37: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Haha, well played Mr Pilgrim :)

message 38: by Katrina (last edited Jun 12, 2012 10:41PM) (new)

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) David wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "I saw you have a fanclub on goodreads though! That's impressive :)"

Lies, all lies lol :) you all like dystopians right? My new one comes out on June 30 and is YA dystopi..."

Aah! I'm totally reading that one, David. It sounds really interesting. And it's a dystopian!

Rick Riordan is the best. I can not wait for Mark of Athena! I have a feeling I'm not going to like Annabeth on this book...

message 39: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Aww thank you :)

message 40: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Aww thank you :)

message 41: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Scott wrote: "I love Rick Riordan's work!! I can't wait to read Angel Evolution!! I now own it !!!"

You must put a review when your done :)

I also forgot Stacey Kade who wrote the Ghost and Goth triology.