SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
This topic is about Immortal Rider
Archive: 2012 Buddy Reads > July Buddy Read: Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Jun 11, 2012 11:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments Leah, Christine and I will be starting Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione on July 2nd. Anyone is welcome to join!

Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #2) by Larissa Ione

Christine | 850 comments Looking forward to it.

message 3: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new) - rated it 4 stars

Judithe | 6371 comments Oh....with that auspicious date, and since it was delivered just a couple days ago, I'll have to try and read with ya (or at least drop in at times!)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments Yay Judithe! You're more than welcome to join us! :D

Leah | 850 comments The more the merrier!!!

message 6: by Lis (new) - added it

Lis | 3549 comments I'll do this one too. It's been awhile since I read the first one, so I may need a refresher.

Breann I'll join in too. Since it's not for a couple weeks I can read the first one! These book are connected to the Demonica series, right?

Leah | 850 comments Yes, they take place after the last Demonica book (Sin Undone) but you don't need to have read them to understand this series. I didn't read the last one in the Demonica series and I had no troubles.

Glad you can join us Breann!

Breann Just finished Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione and OMFG it was so good! Now I am ready for Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #2) by Larissa Ione . I'm glad that I read the Demonica series already. I don't know if I would have liked it as much if I hadn't.

Christine | 850 comments I know! I was actually kind of surprised by how much I enjoyed Eternal Rider, because I wasn't that impressed with the first Demonica book. I hope the second book is just as good.

Breann I was surprised too! I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. I had also been reading a lot of UF and I was SO ready for a hot romance. Could have been right book at the right time.

message 12: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah | 850 comments Breann wrote: "I was surprised too! I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. I had also been reading a lot of UF and I was SO ready for a hot romance. Could have been right book at the right time."

Love when the right book comes along at the right time ;)

Breann Just started, only 1% done and I already heart Arik. A lot.

Christine | 850 comments I'm on page 50. I really like Arik's sarcasm and sense of humor. I'm also very intrigued by Tavin, the Seminus demon who has been healing Arik.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments For some reason I wasn't receiving notifications for this thread :(

Anywho, I haven't had a chance to start yet but I am hoping to do that today!

Breann It's just as good as the first IMO! A lot of *oh shit* moments. Love Arik and Limos!

Christine | 850 comments I'm up to p190. I'm really hating Harvester right now. But I love Arik. I just love the way he's handled himself in every situation he's been thrown into so far. Also like the names he's taken to calling Limos. I'm having a bit of an issue with her. Just suck it up and tell your brothers the truth already! What's the worse that can happen since you're already facing the Appcalypse?

I'm very curious to find out (view spoiler)

Breann The dialogue in this book is priceless! There are some great one-liners. Limos isn't really bothering me, I kinda feel for her and her situation. (view spoiler)

Breann Nevermind... Limos is giving me issues too.

message 20: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah | 850 comments I'm on about page 100 and I'm really liking it so far! I think maybe better than the first one. I like how the book really went straight into action and adventure, there wasn't too much slow buildup.

Page 99 - (view spoiler)

message 21: by Leah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Leah | 850 comments Breann wrote: "Just started, only 1% done and I already heart Arik. A lot."

So do I. I'm surprised he's so likable, in the last book he was kind of an ass and I was worried he wouldn't be a good hero in this one. I really like his inner dialoge, he's a funny, sarcastic narrator.

Christine | 850 comments I just finished it and I loved it. I love it when you get a couple different storylines going at once, and the author did a great job balancing them all out. She gave me just enough to keep my intrigued and dying of curiosity but not so much as to distract from the main story. Arik may be one of my new favorite book boyfriends. Who knew after the little we saw of him in the last book?

I can't wait to get to Than's book. Did anyone pick up the little tidbit about Than (view spoiler) And who else is working against them? And what is up with Harvester? I want to hate her but then she does things like keep the orphmage from touching Reaver. I'm not sure what to make of her true motivations.

Breann I finished it last night too. It was really good! Oh, Limos. That girl just spun tale after tale. Arik was so good to her and put up with a lot of CRAP in this book. I remember him from Shade and Runa's book and am surprised he turned out to be so likeable.

Sometimes I mind when an author only dedicates about half of a book to the main couple but not here! I love all of her characters and the crossover from Demonica. If anything, that made me enjoy it more. (view spoiler) I am not sure how to feel about Harvester at this point. But I am so ready for Than's book now!

Christine | 850 comments On Than (view spoiler)

And it usually drives me crazy when the main action/plot of a book could have been avoided if people just told each other the truth, but this one worked for me. I guess it was the right book at the right time.

message 25: by Lis (new) - added it

Lis | 3549 comments Well you zipped thru that one pretty fast... Just started it, so I'll avoid the spoilers til I get a little further along.

Christine | 850 comments I just lucked out in having some extra time off of work and only have one kid around to deal with for a change. It let me squeeze in a lot of extra reading. Now the next book I read will take a lot longer.

I can't wait to hear what you think of Harvester and Arik and everyone else!

Christine | 850 comments I've been reading through the Lords of Deliverance compendium that Larissa Ione put together and in it she says that Rogue Rider will kick off a book for Reaver! Wohoo!

Breann I saw that he has a book coming also!

Christine | 850 comments Shall we buddy read Lethal Rider, too?

Breann Yes, please.

Christine | 850 comments Did anyone else read the compendium with the short story at the end about Lillith and Yenrieth? It made me really want to read a book about him and Verrine.

Christine | 850 comments Buddy read of Lethal Rider the beginning of next month? I don't think I can squeeze it in before then...

Breann Christine wrote: "Did anyone else read the compendium with the short story at the end about Lillith and Yenrieth? It made me really want to read a book about him and Verrine."

No, but I think I might pick it up. Only .99 on Amazon.

Christine wrote: "Buddy read of Lethal Rider the beginning of next month? I don't think I can squeeze it in before then..."

Beginning of next month is good for me!

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments I just started this today (I know I'm totally late!). I'm only at the beginning of Ch. 3 (about 25 pages in) and I'm really liking it so far! Arik is hilarious, even though I feel bad for him he is still sarcastic and it's funny. I like Limos so far as well. It seems like everyone else liked this one so I'm interested to go back and look at spoilers and such once I get further into the book.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments BTW, I'd love to join in the Lethal Rider read at the beginning of the month (or when ever).

Christine | 850 comments Yeah! Another buddy read!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one, Sarah.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments I'm at page 129 and I deeply hate Harvester! I kind of hate Pestilence too. I feel bad for Arik and Limos. I'm interested to read the Demonica series because of (view spoiler). There are so many things going on I almost feel like I can't keep all the different things together but I'll manage haha.

I'm really interested in (view spoiler).

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments I just went back and read Leah's spoiler for around page 100 and it reminded me of something.

Why the heck would (view spoiler).

Christine | 850 comments The whole thing with Pestilence using Linos to get the fake scrolls into the hands of the Aegi was probably the one thing that really bugged me. Sure, she had to agree to lead Kynan there or Pest would spill all her deep dark secrets. But at no point could she find a way to at least hint to them that it might be a set up, they might be fakes?

And I'm starting to have my own suspicion about Reaver and how he plays in to everything, but I might be completely off track.

She really did through a bunch of different plot lines into this one didn't she. But I love a complex tale and thought she did a good job balancing them all out. It certainly hooked me into wanting to read the rest of the series.

message 40: by Breann (last edited Jul 07, 2012 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Breann But at no point could she find a way to at least hint to them that it might be a set up, they might be fakes?..."

I think she just had too many lies to keep track of. I don't understand why (view spoiler)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments There was so much going on, and not enough of just Limos and Arik, so I only gave it a 4 out of 5. It didn't quite hit me as much as Eternal Rider did but I am very interested in continuing the series.

There are still so many questions left to answer! I liked that Ares and Cara were still in the book, because sometimes I feel like as a series continues the previous characters get lost.

I don't know how to wrap my mind around everything that happened between Than and Regan. I feel so bad for him, and for Regan because I don't think she really meant to do it on purpose. Their plot line is very very interesting! Have I mentioned yet that I'm super excited to read the next book??

I'm glad everything got resolved between Limos and Arik. Again, I felt like they were overshadowed by everything else going on in the book, and I wanted more of a focus on them.

I think there is something interesting going on with Pestilence/Reseph. I think more of Reseph is starting to emerge, and that Pestilence doesn't want that to happen (obviously), but it's also a sign that his seal could possibly be restored, at least IMHO.

message 42: by Breann (last edited Jul 08, 2012 07:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Breann Sarah wrote: "I don't know how to wrap my mind around everything that happened between Than and Regan. I feel so bad for him, and for Regan because I don't think she really meant to do it on purpose. Their plot line is very very interesting! Have I mentioned yet that I'm super excited to read the next book??..."

I felt bad for Than also. He was practically raped. I had kind of a WTF moment with that. I'm not quite sure how she is going to be a likeable heroine now. But I trust Ms. Ione with redeem her in Lethal Rider and rock my world.

Sarah wrote: "I'm glad everything got resolved between Limos and Arik. Again, I felt like they were overshadowed by everything else going on in the book, and I wanted more of a focus on them. ..."

In this book I didn't mind the scenes with the different characters. I loved seeing the characters from the Demonica series. It's a good series, not as good as Lords of Deliverance IMO but worth reading.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 1087 comments I have all of the books for the Demonica series, and I read the first one. I just need to go back and finish reading the rest of them lol I just get too side-tracked

Christine | 850 comments I agree that it did feel a lot like rape, essentially was rape with an interesting role reversal. I was rather shocked myself. But they were both drugged with the wine that Pest had a look-a-like slip into her room. Didn't it contain orcweed or some other magical aphrodisiac that would account for her loss of control. And at least she did seem devastated (to me) about what she had just done. I think it will be an interesting issue for both of them to get past in their book. She might struggle with forgiving herself as much as he struggles with forgiving her. At least, I hope so.

Christine | 850 comments Here's the thread for the Lethal Rider buddy read in August...

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...