Books That Became Movies discussion

Top 10 Must Read Books That Became Movies

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa The link doesn't work if you're not a member... :(

anyway, how are these list created? sales? critical reviews? or a good poll of average people?

I have my own list... here it goes, in no order.

1. The Repossession Mambo made into Repo Men. Both are very chilling. I think I like the movie better.

2. The Hunger Games, this book was on NPR top 100 thrillers in 2010. I didn't know it was YA until my kids started talking about reading it at school. The book is fantastic IMO, and the movie was good too. I don't think you would like the movie if you hadent read the book (or even the series). There was a lot of assumption that the viewer knew what was happening.

3. Fight Club book and movie are a mirror. I doubt it took mudh work for the screenwriter to make the adaptation. and btw, I loved them both.

4. The Taming of the Shrew is the basis for 10 Things I Hate About You and Deliver Us From Eva. Proof that even Shakespear didn't like an independent woman... :)

5. No Country for Old Men. This is a a phenomonal book. It's simple but chilling at the same time. I didn't appreciate the movie until I read the book.

Five is all I have for now....

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa what are yours?

I'm typing on my Kindle.....sorry for the typos.

message 4: by Alka (new)

Alka | 1 comments Lord of the rings

message 5: by Jackduckworth (new)

Jackduckworth I checked the list. I wasn't aware Forest Gump was a novel. I will add that to my list pronto!

message 6: by Jackduckworth (new)

Jackduckworth I have just watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with Daniel Craig. It was Ok, but the actors in the Swedish version were much better I thought. I found the book a bit dull in the middle, when those on the Island were being introduced. Of the three options, I preferred the Swedish version (with sub-titles) I have seen the trilogy back to back and it is excellent!