Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion


137 views
Twilight Obsessed?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cat (last edited Jun 14, 2012 03:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Are you? I totally am.

I HATE ARGUING SO ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE TWILIGHT, DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE/LOVE TWILIGHT IN THIS DISSCUSSION PLEASE, SO WE CAN TALK FREELY WITHOUT PEOPE CRITICIZING US FOR BEING "STUPID" OR "MENTALLY OBSURD"


♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ I used to be, than being obsessed got tiring after a while.


message 3: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King I used to be, but all the hype has gone and SM is not bringing anything new.


Chelsea Denisse I like it but I'm not obsessed though I do get kind of crazy when someone mentions it. And I also get very defensive when someone say something bad about it or people who read it.


Patrícia Kelly gosto do livro mas não me considero loucamente obcecada!!! também fico meio na defensiva quando alguem decide atacar quem leu o livro!!!KKKK'


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Little_miss_book_freak wrote: "I like it but I'm not obsessed though I do get kind of crazy when someone mentions it. And I also get very defensive when someone say something bad about it or people who read it."
I'm the same way.


message 7: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Little_miss_book_freak wrote: "I like it but I'm not obsessed though I do get kind of crazy when someone mentions it. And I also get very defensive when someone say something bad about it or people who read it."

AGREE!


Annie I am pretty obsessed with the book right now. I talk about it a lot and I agree, when someone says something bad about it or the charecters in it I get crazy


Cynthia I am in love with the twilight saga. So I would consider myself obessed.


Keiley I'm going to be brutally honest, because that's sort of my thing, I don't like Twilight. I really don't think it's a good series. Maybe that's just me and my own personally preferences but I don't enjoy the way Stephanie Meyer writes and a vast majority of her characters are cliche or she's ruined them before they even had a chance.
It's not a bad series, but I don't view it as a good one. So no, I don't think I'm obsessed, in fact I'm rather indifferent.
And if you're going to rant at me about my opinions:
Haters to the left.


message 11: by Idia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Idia Keiley wrote: "I'm going to be brutally honest, because that's sort of my thing, I don't like Twilight. I really don't think it's a good series. Maybe that's just me and my own personally preferences but I don't ..."

you say haters to the left yet...ur kinda hating right now.. and dont bother replying cuz i dont wanna read your retort.


Morgana_lefay Idia wrote: "Keiley wrote: "I'm going to be brutally honest, because that's sort of my thing, I don't like Twilight. I really don't think it's a good series. Maybe that's just me and my own personally preferenc..."

then why do you comment on her comment if you are not interested in discussion? if you are not interested then dont answer

I was never obsessed with twilight. maybe its because i started reading it before all this crazyness started. i really liked the first book when I read it for the first time but i really didnt like where the series was going (HEA for everyone - btw jacobs imprinting on renesmee - even if i forget that he imprinted a child - i dont think I would want to be with someone who loves(loved?) my mother and he is with me only because of some imprinting - not voluntary if i'm not mistaken) so i havent finished the series.


Diane It comes and goes. On some days, "obsessed" seems like an apt description.
It's mostly fanfiction that keeps be going now. There's always something new to read in the twifanfiction fandom.


♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Vampire Academy is better, in my opinion :)


message 15: by Idia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Idia Morgana_lefay wrote: "Idia wrote: "Keiley wrote: "I'm going to be brutally honest, because that's sort of my thing, I don't like Twilight. I really don't think it's a good series. Maybe that's just me and my own persona..."

*clap clap clap*
nice story bro tell it again


Keiley Oh lovely, people who can't tell the difference between opinion and hate.


message 17: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction book, the characters dont exist, but some folk get as upset as if they were slagging off a mate or family member... I just dont understand it...


Keiley Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction book, the characters dont exist, but some f..."

Thank you for having the voice of common sense.
I don't like the book. Personally preference. I don't care if you think it's the work of a flippin' angel.
But I would like it if people could, I don't know, respect opinions that disagree with theirs? Yes? Lovely. Then everything's settled.


message 19: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King Keiley wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction book, the characters dont exist..."

I wonder if harry potter ans are so defensive. twilight is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it. That's it. Besides thing that annoys me the most is that i think SM has gotten too big for her boots. She seems to be too busy producing films and not writing, she seems to be squeeing the twilight juice to make more money but doesn't even give the chance to the fans to contact her. (I like the way GR authors like hearing fromtheir readers and accepting critiscim). Thats the thing thats put me off twilight.


message 20: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King *harry potter fans*


Keiley Harry Potter fans are incredibly defensive, I myself am rather defensive of the series but I try to make a point of accepting other people's opinions.
I don't really watch the movies...I think that the first one was done horribly and then I just sort of went off them. Author's, regardless of how great or small, should always listen to the readers of their work. Because that's why they write, isn't it? For people to read it?


Morgana_lefay Keiley wrote: "Harry Potter fans are incredibly defensive, I myself am rather defensive of the series but I try to make a point of accepting other people's opinions.
I don't really watch the movies...I think that..."


I must agree with the idea that writers write for ppl but sometimes it seems to me that its not really what readers want but what editor and publisher want which is sad.


message 23: by Natalie (last edited Jun 13, 2012 08:52AM) (new) - added it

Natalie Am I obsessed?

(Currently)No.

This is the question that has been asked, so, you can state either yes or no and support your answers. For the people who think this thread is only reserved for the lovers than think again. People are allowed to say why they dislike the series. Is it that difficult for the twihards to swallow that and get on with it?

I find it partly annoying and silly that people say that they will go "crazy" if someone tells them they don't like the saga. I don't understand your reasoning for that? If you were obsessed with chocolate and I told you I hated it, whould you then go "crazy"? I'm boggled by this defensive guard twilight lovers have

I myself enjoyed the series, but I do take issue when people's opinions are not valued whether they like the series or not.


message 24: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Keiley wrote: "Oh lovely, people who can't tell the difference between opinion and hate."

It appears so...


message 25: by Angie Elle (new) - added it

Angie Elle Morgana_lefay wrote: "Keiley wrote: "Harry Potter fans are incredibly defensive, I myself am rather defensive of the series but I try to make a point of accepting other people's opinions.
I don't really watch the movies..."


I think that if a writer has a story to tell, and they feel it must go that way, I'd rather see them write what they feel is true to the story than what the masses want. While I do think a writer should keep the audience in mind, I think they should ultimately take the story where they feel it needs to go.

I agree that she's doing what she can to capitalize on the whole Twilight franchise, but opportunities like this don't typically come along twice in a lifetime. As real as the characters are to her readers, they're probably even more real to her and this is a unique opportunity for her. I say good for her for seizing the moment. :)


message 26: by Natalie (last edited Jun 13, 2012 08:58AM) (new) - added it

Natalie Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction book, the characters dont exist, but some f..."

I myself struggle with this notion. It confuses me as to why someone would get angry why someone has a different opinion. What is even more mind boggling is that the mere statement of saying "I don't like twlight" will get people going, whether or not you have said anything beyond that short phrase. You can't even get a word in as to why you dislike is. Extremely annoying.


message 27: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King Morgana_lefay wrote: "Keiley wrote: "Harry Potter fans are incredibly defensive, I myself am rather defensive of the series but I try to make a point of accepting other people's opinions.
I don't really watch the movies..."


That is so true, Like the short life of bree tanner or the official twilight bible (cant remeber the actual title), in my opinion they were printed to make more money from twilight obsessed.


message 28: by Angie Elle (last edited Jun 13, 2012 09:06AM) (new) - added it

Angie Elle Natalie wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction book, the characters dont exist..."

I don't mind if someone doesn't like Twilight.

What bothers me (and I think I've posted this in another thread...my apologies if this is a repeat) is when someone asks you why you enjoyed the book, then tell you your reasons are't good enough, and go on to tell you why you shouldn't like it. Why do you care (not you, in particular :)) if I like Twilight? I don't care if you don't. And I'm not going to give you a list of reasons why you should like it. To each his own! And if you dislike it so much, then why are you (again, not you specifically) frequenting the boards? Grrr...

Sometimes someone will assume you're a mindless idiot because you gave Twilight five stars. That's what bothers me.

Someone simply saying they don't like Twilight is small potatoes. LOL


Dreamer obsessed, yeah, that's me. i loved it, i loved the world it took me to..
of course i partially got over it now, but i still love it. and i'm waiting for the day when i start forgetting the little details about it to read it all over again

i just hate it when people start throwing jibs at me for loving it. it's as if being cool is about trashing twilight all the time. that's just sad.


Shi-Jiuan OMG i love twilight i read the books over and over and watch the movies over and over. i can't wait till Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out.


message 31: by Natalie (last edited Jun 13, 2012 09:19AM) (new) - added it

Natalie Angie wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction book, the chara..."

I don't even have a rating for twilight because people seem to judege your intellegence based on how much you enjoyed twilight. I would normally give it five stars, but since there are so many haters who are judgemental sons of bitches I can't even justify having one any more. What makes me even more pissed off is that they think they know me enough based on my rating of a fiction book. I'm sorry, but one cannot sum a person up and their intellegence based on their rating. I tell pepole I have two degrees, one in English, and one in education and I'm starting my masters this year in Eng...and they still put down my intellegence based on twilight and say that I must not have good grades or whathave you. I graduated with distinction and highest aggregate in my UG thank you very much judgemental twihaters.Ugh! This is what makes me most pissy about judgemental twihaters. I tend to sink to their level of ickyness too. They then deem youas being n an elitest because I defend myself with my education. When you tell me i'm lacking intellegence based on a friggn book, then yes, I will wip out my hard work. You can never win with those judgemental people. Sorry this went way off topic lol

I feel the same annoyance for twihards who won't even give you the time of day to expalin why you think the book is problematic or why you dislike certain features of the novels, etc. They hear "hate" or "dislike" and start freaking out. Seriously, that can't be normal behavour...lol


message 32: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Shi-Jiuan wrote: "OMG i love twilight i read the books over and over and watch the movies over and over. i can't wait till Breaking Dawn Part 2 comes out."
I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Shi-Jiuan I know right?


message 34: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King Natalie wrote: "Angie wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction b..."

I agree with you here, most of my friends dont like twilight, they havent even read it. But they tease me because its for teenagers. (i'm 29 years old).
The intelectual thing as well its becuase of the audience that was written for. But then again there isn't as much stereotype if you've read and liked harry potter.


message 35: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Natalie wrote: "Angie wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction b..."

Excellent points! I also have a UG in English and Education (haven't started masters because I don't know what I want to do yet!), but yet, I feel judged because I do like Twilight. Maybe I should remove my rating as well. I think the reason some Twilight fans get so defensive is because they feel like their intelligence, literary tastes, and ability to comprehend higher-leveled texts are called into question - almost like "if you love Twilight, you must not know what high quality literature is and/or can read high quality" or "if you love Twilight, you must have bad taste in literature," etc. What can I say - I know the writing is not the greatest (but certainly not the worst I've read), but for some reason, the story and characters grabbed my attention and sucked me into the story - exactly what I look for when I read for pleasure.


message 36: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva King Amy wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Angie wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person...."

I wish there was a like botton in this page.


message 37: by Idia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Idia love both harry potter series and twilight saga


message 38: by Natalie (last edited Jun 13, 2012 04:51PM) (new) - added it

Natalie Amy wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Angie wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person...."

I agree with your entire post! I don't question anyones intellegence based on their book preference. As I look back I devoured the series. Actually, I think I read it twice. It's my guilty pleasure. Is the book problematic? Yes. Do I care (since it's only a guilty pleasure?) No. :)

In reference to master degrees: I'm also undecided. Even though I already confirmed my spot for september, I'm still not sure if I wanna do my MA or MEd. It's too much $ to do both. One reason why PhD may be out of question...hmm.

okay, now i'm really off topic... lol


message 39: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Natalie wrote: "Amy wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Angie wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you ..."

I'll continue the off-topic. The expense is holding me back as well. I have to continue teaching/working full time, and since financial aid isn't available for one class at a time, it's too spendy to drop about $900 per class out of pocket. Plus, the district where I teach only gives a $500/year upgrade in pay for a master's, so I certainly won't do it for the money! I'm bouncing between a MA in English, Curriculum and Instruction, or Library Media. So, until I know for sure what I want, I won't start! Are you currently teaching?


message 40: by Natalie (last edited Jun 13, 2012 05:04PM) (new) - added it

Natalie Amy wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Amy wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Angie wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they don..."

Wow, only 900? Thats crappy!

No, I just graduated with my BEd. I have to sub/and teach for a year, or probably two before I can even think about applying for my BEd. I'm conflicted. Curriculum studies would be a good area of study. I may defer my seat for my MA. I feel like its the right decision partly because there are not many jobs for teachers in most of Canada (except out west) right now, so getting my MA would be a good idea, but I would like to get a MEd, so...thats my situation. lol. A year of subbing sounds nice too. What was I thinking jumping back into school? lol

sorry everyone for the annoyance.


Shi-Jiuan Idia wrote: "love both harry potter series and twilight saga"

I Know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sheila Adams Shi-Jiuan wrote: "Idia wrote: "love both harry potter series and twilight saga"

I Know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Eva wrote: "Keiley wrote: "Eva wrote: "I don't undestand why everyone gets so defensive. If some people dont like the book, its just the book they dont like, not you as a person. Its a fiction book, the charac..."

Actually, I was going through discussions, when I found this... and if SM is just trying to make more money, she'd finish and publish Midnight Sun. Any true Twilight fan would want a copy. Imagine the amount of money to be made right there. (Unless... waiting for BD2 to make all it can, THEN finish it up?)


message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Eva wrote: "*harry potter fans*"

Harry Potter fan too ;)
These arguments are great xD
I kind of like Twilight but it's so hard to say that to people without being totally judged!
Thank you Goth: *~Kat Della-Rayna~* :Emo, this gives fans and kind-of fans alike a place to freely chat about Twilight:)

What did you think of her writing style? I reckon she's one of the most flawless writers out there xD


Katrina i really dont know


message 45: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Hoffman I can certainly understand why some people love the Twilight Saga as much as they do. However, I am one of those people that can’t stand this god awful series, and I would have given it negative stars if I could. My reasons for it are often bashed by “twihards” and written off as me just being a “hater”, which really bugs me. I happen to think that Edward and Bella’s relationship is abusive and controlling, and I think that Bella Swan is one of the weakest heroines ever written. People tell me I’m stupid or just reading it wrong.

I am entitled to my beliefs, and some Twihards don’t understand that, which is what fuels our rage. But, I also respect that many people love and enjoy the Twilight series. It tells the story of a plain, average girl that falls in love with the most beautiful man on the planet, and the book goes into a lot of depth and detail about their “love”. What kind of woman wouldn’t want to read about that?

What I can’t stand is when people are presented with actual facts about Edward and Bella’s relationship, and they try to deny it or write it off as being okay because it’s fiction. It is well documented that their relationship is abusive, but a lot of people refuse to see it. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and you don’t have to agree with me. You have the right to disagree and state your case, but you don’t have the right to call me a stupid bitch for not worshipping this series…

There. I’m done.


Katrina i really dont get why people get so obbsessed with it i mean its not like its food (lol)


Katrina Goth: *~Kat Della-Rayna~* :Emo wrote: "Are you? I totally am.

I HATE ARGUING SO ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE TWILIGHT, DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE/LOVE TWILIGHT IN THIS DISSCUSSION PLEASE, SO WE CAN TALK FREELY WITHOUT PEOPE ..."


NO BODY CARES ABOUT STUPID TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Katrina nope all i said is nobody cares


message 49: by Koleen (last edited Sep 20, 2012 02:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Koleen Hansen “I enjoy the twilight series. But, I really don’t enjoy the judgemental and critical cynical,
That some people feeling toward twilight either or any other books, TV Shows, Actor and actress.” “I believe it quite all right not to enjoy a movie or a book, or TV Shows, Actor and actress performance.”
“Or, whatever the thing is. But, critical, cynical I really don’t enjoy so much reading or hearing about. I think it not very kind; I don’t really see why people have so harsh about things and I do not see the need for critical, cynical? So, you did not like it. Big deal
It is perfectly fine by me that you don’t enjoy reading a book, watch TV Shows, Actor and actress.” That I enjoy. You have your own provenance there are thing I don’t enjoy all I say I did not enjoy this that I would comment I don’t discussed about it any farther
I really don’t enjoy reading the judgemental and critical, cynical comment.
I really don’t see the point about be rude toward author Actor and actress or others whom enjoy something you don’t enjoy yourself and just hurt people feeling. I think the only way it stops judgemental and critical, cynical is to start with oneself own words.


Tricia Drammeh I liked the books better than the movies. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, but I definitely enjoyed the books at the time I read them. I could not put them down. I know several paranormal writers who were inspired to write because of the Twilight series. That in itself makes it special.


« previous 1
back to top