Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Movies of the Month > Seven Pounds

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (theawesomecatperson) | 1 comments Well, my mother and I were out to a restaraunt, and we were planning to see Seven Pounds. In the middle of dinner I remembered about the movie Marley and Me. And I really wanted to see it. The waitress told us it was a sad movie. My mother said, "We don't want to see a sad movie do we?"

So we saw Seven Pounds. It was so sad.
I told my mother when we left the theatre. "Good thing we didn't see Marley. We wouldn't want to be *Sniff* sad." It doesn't get much sadder than Seven Pounds...

...And Will Smith rocks!

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 15 comments So do you guy's think that Will earned a nod from the academy? I love his performance it showed his depth.

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 155 comments No. Will Smith is a fine actor who will get his due, but it's not going to be for "Seven Pounds," a movie that is at once ghoulish and mawkishly sentimental.

Likely Oscar nominees for Best Actor are Mickey Rourke, Sean Penn, Frank Langella and, possibly, Brad Pitt. The name often mentioned as the wild card is Richard Jenkins (for "The Visitor").

message 4: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 51 comments He won't be nominated, there are much stronger performances this year.

message 5: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade I didn't see Seven Pounds, but a few of my friends saw it and said they didn't like it at all... I don't know, I'm not planning to see it...

message 6: by Moira (new)

Moira | 1 comments I saw it on the weekend and had a hard time getting into it. At the half way point I was starting to feel it and only really liked it near the end. Movies where you're dumped into the middle of it all are hard to pull off, especially if they are kind of slow. Just a thought!