Gigi's Company discussion

General > Welcome to New Members

Comments Showing 1-50 of 446 (446 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Kathleen (last edited Jan 08, 2009 02:59PM) (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
I noticed that we had a new member join January 5th and wanted to say welcome to Ashley. Please use this thread to tell us about yourself.

Post on any area and please join in any of our games. A good game to start playing is "This or That" because we get to learn about each other. Anyone can answer any question that is asked as long as they remember to ask a new question for someone else to answer.

Also, please see the list that Gina has started for February 2009 BotM Suggestions and post up to 4 books for us to consider. Everyone does not have to read all of the books selected. As long as one person selects one of your books we will post it as a BotM. That way at least two people (you and whoever picked it, will comment on that book). Reviews do not have to be long. A few sentences are fine.

Again, welcome to Gigi's Company,

Kathleen
Assitant Moderator

message 2: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 3325 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Ashley! Don't hesitate to just jump right in! If you have any questions, LOL, I'm sure you'll get more than one answer.

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Colleen, Welcome to our happy home! Please use this thread to tell us about yourself. Jump in anywhere. Join our games from word association to word opposites. As an avid reader, you will enjoy our Author and Title Games. Rack your brain against other avid readers to create the next entry.

Please tell us what you are currently reading and feel free to comment on books you liked and those that weren't as satisfying.

Again, welcome aboard!!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 4: by Gina (last edited Jan 19, 2009 07:45PM) (new)

Colleen,

description

Glad you decided to join us! Don't hesitate to jump right in anywhere. And please, tell us a little about yourself; fave novels, genres, authors.

LOL, pretty much just repeated what Kathleen wrote, LOL!

Hope you have an awesome time here as much as we do. And if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Nice to meet you!

Gina

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenct1) | 1537 comments Hi Everyone,

Thank you for welcoming me. I love mysteries, biographies and thrillers, but I will read anything includine cereal boxes :)

I have 2 sons one is 25 years old and one is 8 years old. I know..I am crazy :) I work fulltime for a chuch in New Haven, CT and I take the bus to work so I read all the time.

Right now I am reading "The Liars' Club" by Mary Karr. I can only read one book at a time unitl I am through. Even if the book is bad I still read it to the end.

I heard about this webstie from someone on Paperbackswap.com I am really gald to meet all of you.

Colleen

message 6: by Kathleen (new)

Glad to have you with us Colleen.

message 7: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleenct1) | 1537 comments Thank you!

message 8: by Kathleen (last edited Jan 24, 2009 08:09PM) (new)

Paul and Teresa, Welcome to our group! Please use this thread to tell us about yourself. What genres do you read? Favorite authors, series, or titles? Please tell us about one of the last books that you have read and why you enjoyed it.

Join our discussions anywhere. Welcome to Gigi's Company!!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 9: by Gina (new)

Wow, two new members! Welcom, Paul and Teresa! Glad you joined!

Don't hesitate to just jump in anywhere. Start or continue on discussion, the games are blast and a challenge as well. And we'd love to hear from you!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Once again, welcome!
Gina

message 10: by Kathleen (new)

Elaine, Welcome to Gigi's Company!! We are delighted to have you as part of our circle of friends. Please join our discussions anywhere. Your thoughts and opinions are important to us. Please use this thread to tell us a little about yourself. Anything that you would like to share is fine.

Again, welcome and happy reading.

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 11: by Gina (new)

And again, Kathleen is faster than me, LOL!

Welcome, Elaine, to Gigi's Company! Glad you joined us!

Don't hesitate to just jump right in anywhere. Who are your fave authors? Fave books? Fave genres? Please tell us a little about yourself.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Want to start a new discussion? Maybe a new game? Go for it! All is welcomed.

Happy reading,

Gina

message 12: by Kathleen (new)

Aimee, Welcome to Gigi's Company!!! We love books, words, word games, book games, and just having fun. Glad to see that you have posted. Please use this thread to tell us about your interests, favorite books or series. Which genres do you like?
Last interesting book that you've read?

Any tidbits that you want to share about yourself, books, or authors are appreciated.

Welcome again and happy posting!!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 13: by Gina (new)

Hi Aimee, and welcome to Gigi's Company! Glad you could join us!

We have Books of the Month going, word games, book games - tons of fun!

Please don't hesitate to just jump right anywhere. If you have any questions, we'll be more than happy to help.

Happy Reading!

Gina

message 14: by Gina (new)

Hi Sam, and welcome to Gigi's Company!

I noticed that you got right into the games. Bravo! Awesome start and you did excellent!

As you noticed, we've got games going, books of the month, and if you have any suggestions for March's Books of the month, please post them.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Happy Reading!

Gina

message 15: by Kathleen (new)

Sam,

Welcome to Gigi's Company. We are happy to have you here!!! Please use this thread to tell us about yourself, your favorite genres, books you've read recently, etc.

Our members have diverse interests and I am sure that you will connect with those with similar taste in books.

Again, welcome to our circle!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 16: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1857 comments Thanks Gina and Kathleen!

I've been lurking for the last little bit and thought I would join for the games. :-)

Paranormal romance/ romance in general are what I like reading most but will read other generes if the books are good. I detest "oprah" type books . . I read to escape not to get depressed. :-).

Recently have been reading Sandra Hill, Julie Garwood, and Jaqueline Frank. All authours I have found through Goodreads. Favourite authors are Sherrily Kenyon, Karen Marie Moning, Suzanne Brockmann and Diana Gabaldon, not necessary in that order.

Thanks for the welcome!

message 17: by Shannah (new)

Shannah Hello, My name is Shannah and since I seem to have more computer time lately I decided to try to get more involved in some groups. I am an avid reader, sometimes reading a book a day when I am not working as much. A read a range of books, though recently I have been reading more paranormal then anything else. My favourite author though is Nora Roberts and my favourite series is her In Death series under J.D. Robb.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

message 18: by Kathleen (new)

Shannah,

Welcome to Gigi's Company!! You will fit in quite well here. We read a variety of genres. Gina's (our moderator) favorite author is Nora Roberts and she will enjoy discussing the In Death series with you.

Please join our games and post your thoughts on books that you read. We are delighted to know you!!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 19: by Kathleen (new)

Eve and Elaine,

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome both of you to Gigi's Company. Please use this thread to tell something about yourselves and what books interest you. We read a variety of genres here and you will undoubtedly find someone that shares your interests.

Please jump in anywhere and post your thoughts. Any and all opinions are welcomed and respected!

Thanks for joining our group, and again, welcome!!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 20: by Gina (new)

Shannah,

Hey-hey, girlfriend! Long time no talk!

Welcome to the group! Don't hesitate to just jump right on in anywhere. We've been having a blast with the games; can't wait to see what you post.

Glad you joined! More computer time on your hands... the last time Crystal mentioned you, you were working like a dog. I take it you cut down on hours? Let me know.

Happy to talk to you!

Happy Reading!

Gin

message 21: by Gina (new)

Welcome to Gigi's Company, Eve! Glad you joined!

Don't hesitate to just jump in anywhere. We've got games going, some discussions started and we're always looking for more. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We'll be more than happy to answer.

Happy Reading!

Gina

Eve (Between The Bookends) (everecinella) Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! I am a 36 year old SAHM living in Denmark with my husband and two kids. I pretty much like most genres and just love to read. I look forward to getting to know you all. :)

message 23: by Kathleen (new)

I was a stay-at-home-mom when my children were younger and it was a great occupation. I think I was busier then than now. I volunteered extensively at their school, and at various youth activities.

Are you an American/Canadian/British citizen living in Denmark? If English is a second language for you, you write very well.

Please join our discussions anywhere. Happy to have you as a member!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

Eve (Between The Bookends) (everecinella) I am a Canadian that has been transplanted here for the past 11 years! lol

message 25: by Gina (new)

Where are you from, Eve? I'm Canadian, born and bread in Timmins, Ontario.

Eve (Between The Bookends) (everecinella) I was born and raised in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, so not to far from you!

message 27: by Shannah (new)

Shannah Welcome Eve, from another Ontario girl! I am in Parry Sound.

Gina,

Yes I do have more "me" time and less work time, thank goodness! Now I have more reading time!

message 28: by Kathleen (new)

Sam,

Just wanted to say welcome to Gigi's company and we are happy to have you as a member. Tell us a little about your interests, favorite books, authors, genres, whatever you would like to share.

It is great to have more game players, also. Glad to see that you have jumped in. Again, welcome!!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 29: by Kathleen (last edited Feb 08, 2009 09:02PM) (new)

Cmonte,

Welcome to Gigi's Company. Glad to see that you have joined our games. Please use this thread to tell us about yourself, your favorite books, or authors. Join us in reviewing a book or making suggestions for our books of the month.

Once again, glad that you have joined!!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 30: by Gina (new)

Hi Cmonte, and welcome to the Group!

Glad you joined us, and glad you already jumped right in. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Gina

message 31: by Gina (new)

Welcome to Gigi's Company, Nessie!

Glad you joined us! Don't hesitate to jump right on in and if you have any questions, we'll be more than happy to help!

Gina

message 32: by Kathleen (new)

I would like to give a big shout out and welcome to Nessie, Jessica, Kami, and Patty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are so happy to have you as members of our group. When Gina and I move this site from MSN Groups to Goodreads I never expected to see this wild growth. We explored several venues and it was Gina who suggested Goodreads. Gina, you did good!

To everyone else, please use this thread to tell us about yourself and join in anywhere. Welcome again!

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 33: by Gina (new)

Oh, Kathleen, stop... you'll make me blush! (I type with a big, stupid grin on my face, LOL!) :D

Welcome to all our new members! We're glad you joined us!

We've got books of the month going on, and really good challenging games as well. I've started a few threads and I hope that everyone here will add to them. Want to start a new one? Go for it! All is welcome here! And if you have any questions, we'll be more than happy to help.

Once again, Welcome!

Gina

message 34: by Kathleen (new)

Welcome *erynn*,

Glad that you joined our circle. Please jump in anywhere and share your thoughts on your favorite books and authors. Check out our games and books of the month. Let us know if you have any favorites for our consideration.

Welcome again,

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 35: by Gina (new)

Hi erynn, and welcome to Gigi's Company! Glad you joined us!

As Kathleen said, don't hesitate to jump in anywhere. We've got Books of the Month, Author of the month, and some really great word/book/author games. And if you'd like to start a discussion, go for it. If you have any questions, ask away - we'll do our best to answer them!

Happy Reading!
Gina

message 36: by Kathleen (new)

Jamie! wrote: "Hi I just joined"

Jamie, Welcome to Gigi's Company!!!!!!!!!! We are happy to have you aboard. Please use this thread to tell us about your reading habits, what books/authors you like, etc. Join our games and discussions anywhere. We are delighted to have you.

Welcome again,

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 37: by Kathleen (new)

Not a real company. Gina and I, perhaps three or four years ago, belonged to a book lovers loop on MSN Groups called Nickie's Circle. Our moderator, Nickie, had to close our group because of personal health issues about two years ago.

Gina already had Gigi's Company as an MSN Group, but its focus was discussion of political and news events, not books. I suggested that since Nickie's Circle was disbanding that we change the focus of Gigi's Company to books. There were few postings on Gigi's Company at that point in time.

Gina and I then invited former members of Nickie's Circle to join Gigi's Company, an MSN book lovers discussion group at that point.

MSN announced this fall that effective February 2009, that it would eliminate its groups function, so Gigi's Company had to find a new home. We debated it for several weeks before we reestablished Gigi's Company here on Goodreads.

Also, I love all the authors that you mentioned. Are you reading these authors as part of your school curriculum?

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 38: by Kathleen (last edited Feb 25, 2009 01:00PM) (new)

Dear Members,

I compared our membership list to those who have been welcomed on this thread and found that we had missed three people. All were among our earliest members, most likely members before this thread was established. Anywho, we don't want anyone to feel neglected so let me give a very belated welcome to Wendy, Eyre, and Karen.

Wendy often posts and some of the games are her creation. Thanks, Wendy. We appreciate your posts and comments.

Eyre, you're a quiet one, tell us about yourself.

Karen periodically posts, and we welcome when you have time to stop and visit.

Thanks, ladies, and sorry it took so long to get to you.

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 39: by Gina (new)

Hi Jamie and welcome to Gigi's Company! We're glad you joined.

Not sure what more to add to Kathleen's post, LOL! I'm really enjoying the games... Kathleen and I had four of them going, brought over from our previous MSN group. Wendy started the other three and they're great - I love taking part in them.

If you want to start a discussion, go for it. We welcome all new discussions.

I know Karen's a busy bee, LOL! Eyre as well (I know her from other groups (as Laura would say, Hi Eyre *big wave*) and I adore Wendy. The more you get to know us, Jamie, I'm sure you will as well.

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We'll be more than happy to help.

Take care and Happy Reading!
Gina

message 40: by Gina (new)

You're welcome!

Tell us a little about yourself, Jamie. What do you do for a living? Siblings? Pets?

Myself, I live with my hubby and two kids; daughter is turning 8 and our son is 6 & 1/2. We used to have two goldfish, Mutt and Jeff, but the kids (when they were smaller) wouldn't stop throwing things in the tank and the fish died. :( We'll get more eventually - when the kids learn to stop throwing things in the tank, LOL!

I work with my parents and younger brothers for our family's auto repair garage. I'm their Office Manager.

message 41: by Wendy T (new)

Wendy T Thanks Gina and Kathleen for your wonderful welcome.

I have two children son 12 and daughter 10, and both kids are very active in sports. I work full time as a elementary school secretary. Seems I don't get a lot of time to myself, so when I do, I spend it on goodreads and reading.

I would like to thank Gina for suggesting goodreads to me. I look forward to checking out what members are reading and playing in the games.

message 42: by Kathleen (new)

Gretchen,

Welcome to the board and we are very happy to see the way that you have jumped in and started posting. Please use this thread to tell us a little about yourself and the types of books and authors that you have enjoyed in the past. Check out our books and authors of the month threads. Help us review the books of the month or nominate new ones for future months.

Again, welcome to Gigi's Company.

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 43: by Gina (new)

Hi Gretchen and welcome to Gigi's Company!

Seems Kathleen covered all the bases, LOL! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We'll be glad to help. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.

Happy Reading!
Gina

message 44: by smetchie (new)

smetchie Hi! This seems like a really nice group. I love that you have games!

message 45: by Kathleen (new)

Sara,

Welcome to Gigi Company!!! We are happy to have you as a member. Please use this thread to tell us about yourself, your favorite books and authors. What genres do you prefer? Please jump in on any thread or game!

Again, welcome to Gigi's Company. Happy Reading,

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 46: by Gina (new)

Hi Sara and welcome to Gigi's Company! Glad to have you with us!

Well, it seems Kathleen beat me to it again, LOL! So, if you have any questions about or suggestions for the group, please don't hesitate to ask or post!

Welcome!
Gina

message 47: by Kathleen (new)

Welcome Kd,

I would like to give a big shout out and welcome to Kd, the newest member of Gigi's Company! Glad to see that you have jumped into our games. Please use this thread to tell us about yourself, your reading habits, or both. Give us your opinion on your current book(s) in the thread entitled, "What are you reading now?"

Again, welcome, pull up a chair, and stay awhile.

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 48: by Gina (new)

Hi Kd and welcome to Gigi's Company.

I'd say don't hesitate to jump right in, but you've already done that, LOL! That's great! If you have any questions, we'll be glad to help. If you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them, and if you want to start new discussions, go for it! Anything's welcomed!

Happy Reading!
Gina

message 49: by Kathleen (last edited Mar 12, 2009 11:56AM) (new)

Claudia,

Welcome to Gigi's Company. We are happy to have you as a member. Please tell us about yourself and your favorite books and authors. Take a gander at our April Author of the Month poll and cast your vote please.

If you have a favorite author, stop by the Author of the Month nomination thread and suggest him or her as a future Author of the Month.

Welcome again,

Kathleen
Assistant Moderator

message 50: by Gina (new)

Hi Claudia, and welcome to the group!

On top of the Author of the Month, we're still looking for suggestions for April's Books of the Month as well. If there's a discussion you want to start, go for it! If you have any questions, we'll be happy to help.

Happy Reading!
Gina

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9