Erudite Readers discussion

A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)
This topic is about A Million Suns
Author Interviews! > Beth Revis (Author of Across the Universe)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
My interview with Beth Revis, author of Across the Universe or A Million Suns!
1) Are you thinking of writing any other series? Or novels?

Most definitely! I love writing and hope to continue it for as long as possible.

2) I would love to know how you got the idea to use a space ship as your society?

It started with the twist at the end--I knew I needed to have cryogenic freezing, and that led me to a space journey. The actual society on the ship is based on small towns that I've grown up in. Where I lived, if you didn't have a car or money, you were trapped. I took that idea and put it on a space ship, trapping everyone behind steel walls.

3) Where did you get the idea for your Across the Universe series?

From a lifetime of reading. I love books, and the really good ones leave me asking "What if..." questions. After reading Agatha Christie, Megan Whalen Turner, and more, I started to ask myself, "What if there was a mystery trapped on a space ship?"

4) Will there be another book tour for A Million Suns?

I don't know! I've been incredibly lucky to do the Breathless Reads tour with Penguin twice now, and I really hope I get to do a third one, but only time will tell.

5) Who's your favorite character in the book?

Probably Harley--he's just a really fun character.

6) Who are your favorite authors?

CS Lewis, JK Rowling, Patricia Wrede, Madeline L'Engle...so many more!

7) Do you any advice for fans who would like to get their book published?

Remember that good writing comes first. I think people get impatient to have their stories published, and often forget to make sure their craft of writing is constantly improving. If you've written a novel that's been rejected, don't worry about it, and don't dwell on the rejection. Instead, write the next story.

message 2: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4897 comments Mod
Great interview! I can't wait to read her book and I think the advice she game in the last question is really great and useful even though I don't want to publish a book :)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments Omg that's amazing you got to interview her, so cool!!!

message 4: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Jun 11, 2012 03:54PM) (new)

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4897 comments Mod
David wrote: "Omg that's amazing you got to interview her, so cool!!!"

I know :D It was super kind of her to let us interview her. If there are other authors you want us to do interviews just tell us and we will try.

message 5: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "David wrote: "Omg that's amazing you got to interview her, so cool!!!"

I know :D It was super kind of her to let us interview her. If there are other authors you want us to do interviews just tell..."

We are interviewing C.C. Hunter of Born At Midnight fame!