Editio Self-Publishing discussion

Promote Yourself Here! > Debut Novel by Damon Ferrell Marbut

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Damon (new)

Damon Marbut (damonferrellmarbut) | 7 comments Hello Everyone,
I'm Damon Ferrell Marbut, new Goodreads Author. I live and work in New Orleans, Louisiana. Please follow the link to the page for my novel, Awake in the Mad World. It's full of description and discussion for you to determine if you'd like to add it to your to-read list. I look forward to making friends through your work as well as mine. Cheers!

Awake in the Mad World by Damon Ferrell Marbut
Awake in the Mad World

message 2: by Khouloud (new)

Khouloud Khammassi (khouloud_khammassi) | 4 comments Hello Damon,
Nice to e-meet you.
I am not exactly a writer but I do publish books ok Kindle.
http://darbarca.webs.com (books will be available for free on June 22nd if you would like to check them)
I will make sure I check out your book. And good luck.
Also, tweet me if you wish so that I get to retweet your msg. :-)
Khouloud

message 3: by Damon (new)

Damon Marbut (damonferrellmarbut) | 7 comments Nice to meet you as well. Thank you for your interest in the novel. I think there's an important discussion surrounding it and its themes. Do keep me updated when you can read it, and let me know your thoughts. Cheers!
Damon

message 4: by Khouloud (new)

Khouloud Khammassi (khouloud_khammassi) | 4 comments Sure thing! and we may probably go on with translating it...wish you the best of luck!

message 5: by Damon (new)

Damon Marbut (damonferrellmarbut) | 7 comments Translation for Dar Barca and the North African readers overseas on your website? Your website is extremely interesting. How many people are currently benefiting from your work on Dar Barca?

message 6: by Khouloud (new)

Khouloud Khammassi (khouloud_khammassi) | 4 comments Yes, indeed.
The project has just been launched and my guesstimate is that there are for sure about 500 people or so following very closely. I am relying on the project's main published author "Tahar Fazaa" because each of his books is a best-seller. We are talking of about 12 thousand copies sold for *each* book, which is enormous for a small market like the Tunisian one. Actually this number compares to the Canadian translation market; so, I feel so lucky to have worked with Tahar Fazaa.

The goal is to start publishing audiobooks by next year and by the end of this year increase the number of books to at least 12.

message 7: by Damon (new)

Damon Marbut (damonferrellmarbut) | 7 comments This sounds important, and good. I'm interested in more involvement as time progresses. I hope to stay in touch. Until next time, have a wonderful night.