UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Group Games > 5 questions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments I read this somewhere else, i can't remember where, and thought it might be fun. Basically everyone answers the following 5 questions so that the others in the group can get to know you a little better.

1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?
2. What is your favourite colour?
3. Who is someone you admire and why?
4. What is your favourite movie?
5. Tell us something interesting about yourself?

hopefully these questions aren't to personal?

message 2: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments and i will get the ball rolling.

1. Fantasy for books, Comedy for movies.
2. Emerald Green
3. I really admire Anthony Bourdain, he was a drug addled chef and he built himself up in to a best selling author and tv personality
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas
5. There isn't to much interesting about me but i did work as a safety diver on Lord of the Rings and The Last Samurai.

message 3: by Elle (last edited Jun 11, 2012 12:28PM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments 1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?
Urban Fantasy. (Superhero or vampire movies)

Grey

I admire/d my Grandmother for the pure love she had for her family and lack of complaining.

Breakfast Club

Emm.. I collect postcards.

message 4: by Emma (last edited Jun 11, 2012 10:51PM) (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments 1. I literally read anything - kids, horror, crime, thriller, fantasy, sci-fi, literary fiction
2. Purple
3. Darren Humphries. Just read 'Goodnight Dear - a diary of a bereaved husband' to find out why
4. Pans Labyrinth
5. I can beat most men, in competition, when driving Land Rovers off road

message 5: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments 1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?
Horror. The gorier and scarier, the better.

Red.

My grandad. The example that you don't need to have tons of letters after your name to make something of yourself, hard work and commitment is what one needs. And that's what inspires me every day.

I don't think I have one. But I'll happily watch Jurassic Park for another 12 zillion times for some reason.

I wasn't named after a quiche, the quiche was named after me, people just don't know that yet!

message 6: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments 1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?
~Crime, Thriller, and I'm also partial to a trashy romance at times!

~Red

~My mum. For keeping going after everything she's been through.

~probably.. 'Labyrinth'

~Umm.. I've been vegetarian since I was about 3?

message 7: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Emma (Emz) wrote: "1. I literally read anything - kids, horror, crime, thriller, fantasy, sci-fi, literary fiction
2. Purple
3. Darren Humphreys. Just read 'Goodnight Dear - a diary of a bereaved husband' to find out..."

Awww for 3.

2 : practically my least favourite colour along with orange haha!

4. my best friend from uni's fav film also!

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Lindsay wrote: "and i will get the ball rolling.

2. Emerald Green
3. I really admire Anthony Bourdain, he was a drug addled chef and he built himself up in to a best selli..."

Everyone tells me I suit emerald green but I just don't wear it?

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Lorraine - Lover of Jellybeans wrote: "1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?
Horror. The gorier and scarier, the better.

Red.

My grandad. The example ..."

Jurassic Park gave me NIGHTMARES as a kid!!

message 10: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Lol Elle, I have recurrent dreams about dinosaurs, although I don't think it's linked to Jurassic Park.

I remember the first time I watched it at my parents' (I first watched it at my cousin's)... my younger brother was about 7 then. He liked dinosaurs. He was looking sooooo pale bless him. Mum called him and told him to leave the room and he was like "no mum, I'm fine"... Bet he was pooping his pants though !

message 11: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18539 comments 1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?
Books - anything really but mostly crime, classics and fantasy
Movies - kids :o)
Purple, yet people insist on buying me pink things
My 'nephew' Fraser who is the most amazing and mature wee boy despite his dad being a horror to him and he is only 8.
I think everyone knows this already, Little Mermaid!! I can watch it over and over and over and over and over. I can recite the whole movie from memory.
I share my birthday with Johnny Depp (that's the most interesting thing I can think of)

message 12: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "and i will get the ball rolling.

2. Emerald Green
3. I really admire Anthony Bourdain, he was a drug addled chef and he built himself up in..."

It is a really hard colour to find for guys, unless it is a sports top.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments 1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?

Crime/thriller, fantasy/scifi, historical fiction, short stories of all genres.

Green. All shades of green. Green is the colour of life.

Mahatma Gandhi. self explanatory, I think.

I likes lots but can't think of a favourite.

I taught the world's youngest ever crowned king for three years.

message 14: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (kiwi365) | 3707 comments Wow Patti, that is really interesting!

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments I keep having visions of Patti playing the governess in The King and I now...lol.

message 16: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments HAHAHA!

Oh the images Vanessa.

message 17: by Andrew (last edited Jun 14, 2012 05:02PM) (new)

Andrew Barrett | 1612 comments 1. Crime/thriller
2. Blue, with red bits (when people ask if I find it hard to make decisions, I always reply, well... yes and no).
3. My dad, he was my hero
4. Oooh, I have lots, but here's a few:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Avatar, Heat
5. I once caught a murderer by looking under a silver tea pot. (No, he wasn't hiding under it!)

Ooh, just thought of something more interesting: I have a 3litre Capri tucked away in me garage, nice ;)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Andy, I would so love several evenings down the pub with you to hear your stories.

message 19: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18539 comments One of my lecturers told us that he was working on a burglary and they caught the guy from tooth imprints cause while in the house he decided to raid the fridge, took a bite out of the cheese and left the rest sitting on the counter.

This is also a common method of catching drug dealers as in Dundee they are super classy and bite the portions off rather than cutting it.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments The tooth imprint thing seems to be a recurring theme in crime shows, I think.

I can't recall encountering it in any books I've read though. Probably have...

message 21: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Barrett | 1612 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "Andy, I would so love several evenings down the pub with you to hear your stories."

You're on! I'll pick you up at seven.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Ooohh can I come too??

message 23: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Barrett | 1612 comments Absolutely! It'll be a cracking evening.

Who ordered shandy?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments No, no Andy.

My round.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I ordered a bottle of very special rum yesterday. I don't think it will be here in time though. :(

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh do tell GL.

What is it?

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Have you had it before Gingerlily or has it been recommended to you? Looks nice and has good reviews.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments No I haven't had it before but Elle has. I just thought it sounds really special.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I want!!!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Come and visit me then.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9086 comments Made from real sea monster. No wonder they are rare.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Gingerlily (or Cyberlily..) wrote: "Come and visit me then."

You know I'd love to.

message 34: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18539 comments Hey GL I'm coming home tomorrow. Perhaps I'll skip SIL's licensing and get the train down to Dubs instead!!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Rosemary wrote: "Made from real sea monster. No wonder they are rare."

Oh I didn't see that bit!

message 36: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18539 comments GL you forgot the group store tag!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Jud (Disney Diva) wrote: "GL you forgot the group store tag!"

GL!!!!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments i forgot. didnt think you would all be ordering it!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Think I'll order one before we go home.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I ordered it last night from an irish website, as shipping from Amazon would have been £15. The irish place charged €4. This was for single items in the dublin area. It has just arrived!!!!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Jud - come on down and we'll try it out :)

message 43: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18539 comments I wish I could!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh yeah, you can't see the .uk price can you?

It's £24.01 + £2.45 delivery.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Oh I can see it alright, it just adds a massive chunk of postage on when I get to the final screen. I would have paid £39.01 from Amazon. Paid €40.99 which comes out as £33.28, and I got it in less than 24 hours. Result!

message 46: by Stuart (last edited Jun 15, 2012 05:32AM) (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2668 comments 1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?

For books I guess it is Literary Fiction. For movies - I do love westerns I must admit!

Blue

Anyone who gets up each day and is nice to people

Harvey

Whilst making a demo disc in the band I was in when I was 19, Suzie Quatro walked by the window. I love Suzie Quatro.

message 47: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments My Brothers favourite movie is Harvey but quite frankly I never have been able to watch it all the way through!

message 48: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2668 comments I love it! There are some wonderful lines in it. This is one of my faves:

"In this life you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. For years I was smart. I recommend pleasant..."

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ooo, can't wait to tell Dave the Suzie Quatro bit when he gets home.

He'll be pea green.

message 50: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments 1. What is your favourite genre for books/movies?

Romantic adventure in books and I like action moves: give me Iron man/The Avengers/Borne or James Bond over romcoms every time!!! I almost had to blind myself when I went to the cinema and watched 'The Vow' with my Mum and sister...yuck!!!

You ask a girl this question you should expect an looooong answer:

If we're talking lipstick: Red.
Eyeshadow: Really??? Oh come on!!! Every colour in the spectrum! (I have the makeup bag to prove it!)
Nail varnish: See above.
Clothes: Technically this is a 'see above' but at a push, Blue.
The walls of a room: Magnolia. This is non negotiable. Every single wall.
Curtains: Yellow, they make it look like it's sun shining even when it's cold and grey.
Guys hair: Black and preferably curly.
Eye colour: Amber, my sister has golden amber eyes and I'm jealous as hell!!!
Cars: Anything but white.

I admire anyone who puts their family and friends before themselves.

Ever?!?!? Oh hard!!!......Galaxy Quest!

I can irish dance. (Not the hard shoe, just the soft shoe.) Not sure if that qualifies as interesting but I panicked!!!

« previous 1