We love stepback covers discussion

PLEASE READ! Before Uploading Stepback Covers:

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jun 12, 2012 05:11PM) (new)

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 333 comments Mod
Our Mod Inka, has done such a great job of uploading some beautiful stepback photo's of books we have loved to read or by the looks of the picture makes us want to search them out! If you have any that you would like to share with us feel free to add on. But we would like to keep the photo section free of "duplicits" so please before adding check the "stepback cover list" thread to see if it there first before uploading,that way it dosent get cluttered up and confusing to find a picture.
Also when adding a photo,if a cover of the book is on hand with the picture add that as well.Please remember to add the title of the book as well as the authors name then add title and author and page number you uploaded it to in the Cover-List thread. Pictures/wallpapers of books that have stepback covers are welcome as well,just remember to check first!

Any questions,concerns,or "how to" please post them here in this thread.

message 2: by Willow (last edited Aug 14, 2012 08:55PM) (new)

Willow  | 12 comments Hi there, I have a few stepback covers that aren't on your list. But I'm worried that they are a bit too beat up. Would you still like me to download them or are they too shabby looking? Here's an example.

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/work/2...

message 3: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 6 comments Shabby pabby, Willow. It's a beautiful stepback - thank you! If you don't want/aren't allowed to upload it here, couldn't you put in as an alternate image to the book itself on the main goodreads site so others can enjoy?

message 4: by Willow (new)

Willow  | 12 comments Oh cool, I see if I can add it. :)
Thank you!

I have some others too.

message 5: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Aug 15, 2012 12:45PM) (new)

Willowfaerie wrote: "Hi there, I have a few stepback covers that aren't on your list. But I'm worried that they are a bit too beat up. Would you still like me to download them or are they too shabby looking? Here's a..."

Not shabby at all Willowfaerie!! And I requested this one in the "Looking for a certain stepback" thread so thank you!! Please upload what you have in the group photo section and I can add them to the CoverList folder for you..oh I see you did! Thank you:) And as Netanella say's add it to the book itself where it say's "addtional photo's" I hope you have some more goodies like these two :)

message 6: by Willow (new)

Willow  | 12 comments Thank you, my dear! :)

message 7: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriemonami) I'm wanting to add one of my favorite stepbacks: Mine Till Midnight. Would someone please send me the exact instructions. I've gone to upload page. Do I only put the title where it says title or do I start with the author followed by the title. What do I put in the description. Thanks.

Hi Cherie! welcome to the group,and we would love to see your stepbacks! I'd be happy to help and thanks for asking. Go to the "group photo's"(to the very last page at the moment) Upload your photo where is say's add photo,I always put in the name of the book and author it's by in the description so if one is looking for that stepback the name & author is there for easy search.
Also in the "stepback cover list" just add (under the last one done) The page number,title of book,author.
If your not sure on that part I or Inka can do it.:)

message 9: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriemonami) Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Hi Cherie! welcome to the group,and we would love to see your stepbacks! I'd be happy to help and thanks for asking. Go to the "group photo's"(to the very last page at the moment) Upload your photo..."

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Hi Cherie! welcome to the group,and we would love to see your stepbacks! I'd be happy to help and thanks for asking. Go to the "group photo's"(to the very last page at the moment) Upload your photo..."

Ok, I uploaded my scan but thought it was the picture with the cover also and it's not. How do I edit my description?

message 10: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriemonami) Yet another problem. I had done a search and didn't find the cover I was looking for but apparently there are two pages in the list and it was on page two. So my addition is a duplicate and I need to delete it. Can you help?

Hi Cherie..no worries an easy fix. But I just wanted to get it straight. Is the photo you uploaded not "Mine until Midnight?" But another photo to another book?
To Edit or Delete a photo Go to photos like you did and see the "add photos?" just below is an "edit" to change your description or "delete photo" under it. If you still have problems let me know I dont want to delete your photo if its just a description error. But if it is a duplicate just go ahead and delete.Let me know if you need further help:)

message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita (daisydoris) | 6 comments Hi I have uploaded the stepback Lord of a Thousand Nights by Madeline Hunter. I love this stepback and wanted to share it. I haven't seen it here before but if it is duplicated I am sorry. Also this is my first time uploading a picture I hope I have done it right. Not sure where I've put it so can't update the list. Please can some one help!

message 13: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Nov 09, 2013 03:00PM) (new)

You did just fine Anita! It is in the right place and what a lovely stepback! I dont think we have it,did you check the "stepback cover list?" I will add it to the list for you if it isn't there. Thanks for sharing and if you have more we'd love to see them:)

No we dont have it,and I added it to our stepback cover list. Thanks again Anita:)

message 15: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 20 comments Just scanned and uploaded stepback for Notorious by Patricia Potter, if someone can do that magic with it and the cover and post it here please.

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/work/...

III have to leave that to Inka as I don't have the magic wand that she does :(

message 17: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 20 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "III have to leave that to Inka as I don't have the magic wand that she does :("

I think the_cat can work the magic too.