The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Greetings

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyce (last edited Jun 11, 2012 08:26AM) (new)

Joyce Yarrow Hello!

I'm Joyce Yarrow, an avid reader and the author of the Jo Epstein mystery series. I have also been accused of writing books to feed my 'travel habit.' Destinations for book research trips have included Russia and India.

My published novels include ASK THE DEAD - Martin Brown/Ampichellis - and most recently, CODE OF THIEVES from Istoria Books - available in hard cover as THE LAST MATRYOSHKA.

Look forward to 'traveling' in the company of this group - to getting to know you all and interacting.

See you on the message board.

Best,
Joyce

message 2: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi joyce, thanks for finding us!

message 3: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Welcome Joyce. I too love mysteries set in exotic locations but I'm mostly an armchair travler.

message 4: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Yarrow Thanks for the warm welcome!

message 5: by Marni (new)

Marni Tagami (marnit) | 9 comments Hi Bill, I started a Vince Flynn novel called "Slash and Burn". I really like it. The language with the "bad guys" was pretty offensive to me, and it did distract me at the beginning of the novel. But a lot of people don't care. I liked the characters and especially the main character Mitch Rapp. Romance in a detective novel isn't a draw for me, but it is for a lot people. Anyway, I thought you might like to check it out if you find you like this Vince Flynn novel. If you're not familiar with Michael Connelly, his lead detective Harry Bosch is my all-time favorite. Start with The Black Echo, Harry Bosch #1. He also has complialtions now of three of his novels included in the order he wrote them (Connelly, of course.) Happy Reading.

message 6: by Bill (last edited Jun 20, 2012 04:18PM) (new)

Bill Welcome to the group, Joyce. I'm a different Bill, btw..