Darynda Jones Fans discussion

Games > I Spy!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Founder (last edited Jun 11, 2012 08:22AM) (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
In all of Darynda's books she gives us so much visual stimuli. She writes about everyday things, makes them her own, and makes them memorable. Name the things in the series that stood out to you and why.

Ex. t-shirts = the slogans on the t-shirts Charley wore gave that particular scene something extra.

Ex. coffee - made me want some

message 2: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I really like Charley's witty replies, specially in conversation with cookie. She makes me want to try them out with my friends.. lol And I've thought that I should have thought about naming body parts. It's so weird but cool at the same time!

message 3: by Cher (new)

Cher | 126 comments I love the t-shirt slogans.It just makes me laugh, when I start a new chapter.I think what grabs me most about these series(besides Reyes)is that the characters aren't weak or meek.The humor just brings the rest home.The days went Charley went without sleep to avoid Reyes was too funny.I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Cookie and Charlie's relationship really stands out for me. They are comical. As friends, they tell each other the truth without holding back, but they are never too serious. Both are able to laugh at themselves and situations. They are always there for each other regardless of the situation. Cookie and Charlie are a blast!