UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Slippery Souls (Sunray Bay, #1)
This topic is about Slippery Souls
Meet the Authors > Rachael H Dixon - Slippery Souls

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael Dixon | 10 comments Hello everyone!

I’m Rachael H Dixon, a writer from the cold, wet and windy northeast of England (yep, it’s pretty miserable here - I mean, it’s June and I’m STILL wearing my winter coat and boots!) Anyhow, I’m fairly new to Kindle and forums and the likes, and I’m dying to mingle - so I thought I’d start here and just introduce myself a little bit.

My debut novel, Slippery Souls, is a tongue-in-cheek Urban Fantasy set in a seaside location. It’s got a vampire with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, a pack of chain-smoking werewolves, a talking dog, an agoraphobic witch who lives in a lighthouse, and a fairly ordinary twenty-something-year-old called Libby Hood in it. It’s the first book in the Sunray Bay Series - and I’m currently working on the second book now (I have three planned in total).

Earlier in the year it was short-listed for the Writing Magazine’s Self-publishing Award - which I was absolutely thrilled about. Oh, and just so that I don’t get into trouble, Slippery Souls is geared towards readers 16+ because of some occasional adult content.

Anyway, here’s some links:

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slippery-Soul...

US: http://www.amazon.com/Slippery-Souls-...

Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/2OZ7wsQPNBk?hd=1

Now, please, tell me about yourselves :-)

Rachael

message 2: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hi Rachael,read the sample and it sparked my interest.I have now bought the book.
I am Sarah BTW.Welcome to the group.

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments ooooooooooooooooooo. I think I need this in my life!! OCD vampire? it's me!

message 4: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael Dixon | 10 comments Aw thanks for the welcome Sarah, and I hope you enjoy Slippery Souls!

Hehe I have a touch of OCD myself, Elle - I think it rubbed off on me thanks to my mother! At my parents house all of the patterns on the crockery have to be neatly aligned and all the food tins in the cupboards must be facing front - and in alphabetical order. And God help anybody who moves cushions about on the sofa! :-)

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments My mother suffers from it too. Crazy way to grow up, innit?

I have it too, but I don't have those anal habits about house keeping (although I am ridiculously neat and organised..)

message 6: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael Dixon | 10 comments My OCD is quite small scale really - stuff like not liking the television to be on an odd volume, and being really bugged if the rug isn’t lying straight ha ha.

message 7: by Amos (new) - added it

Amos Cassidy | 399 comments Slippery Souls sounds brill! I have added it to my TBR list!

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I bought it btw :)

message 9: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Rachael wrote: "My OCD is quite small scale really - stuff like not liking the television to be on an odd volume, and being really bugged if the rug isn’t lying straight ha ha."

we'd never get along. i need my tv/ any sound to be an odd number (part from 2. 2 is okay. so is 12..)

message 10: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael Dixon | 10 comments Amos wrote: "Slippery Souls sounds brill! I have added it to my TBR list!"

Thanks Amos, I hope you enjoy Slippery Souls when you get to it! :-)

message 11: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael Dixon | 10 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "Rachael wrote: "My OCD is quite small scale really - stuff like not liking the television to be on an odd volume, and being really bugged if the rug isn’t lying straight ha ha."

we'd never get alo..."

Ha ha I could imagine there'd be lots of sneaky volume button pushing going on! :-p (it's funny that, I don't mind 1 and 5 - bizarre that there are acceptable odd/even numbers) :-D

Thanks for buying Slippery Souls - hope you enjoy! :-)