Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Help! I finished BDB - WHAT DO I READ NOW?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lipman (sharonlipmanauthor) | 56 comments HELP! I am slightly bereft that I have come to the end of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books and need something to keep me going. I just have no idea what to read next - and God knows it need to be something good after BDB.

I like my PNR with a bit of a kick so unless it's totally amazing, I'm just not that in to YA anymore, but any recommendations are gratefully received!

I've read
Psy-Changeling, Guild Hunter, Night Huntress, Breeds, Chicagoland, BDB, Sookie Stackhouse, Vampire Queen, Mercy Thompson, Cassie Palmer, amongst others.

Please help... I'm lost :-(

message 2: by Kay (new)

Kay | 1 comments You can try reading the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. The first book is Darkfever.

message 3: by Beckie (new)

Beckie (chikittie) | 31 comments What about Lords of The Underworld series, or Lords of Deliverance series?

message 4: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (mashbay) Darkfever. and. Magic Bites! but you may have already read those.

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Marshall (sweett588) | 20 comments Definitley Dark Fever-- It takes the first book to get into, but by the second your hooked--them by the last (5th) you love and and want more!!!!!1

message 6: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Try Midnight Breed series, I think it is the closes to BDB....in fact I like it a little better.

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6) by Lara Adrian Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7) by Lara Adrian Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8) by Lara Adrian Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9) by Lara Adrian Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10) by Lara Adrian

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) I second Midnight Breed - a lot of similarities but Lara Adrian keeps it going a little better imo.

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lipman (sharonlipmanauthor) | 56 comments Beckie wrote: "What about Lords of The Underworld series, or Lords of Deliverance series?"

I forgot about Demonica and Lords of Deliverance - brilliant series both.... unfortunately I've already read them!!
;-)

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lipman (sharonlipmanauthor) | 56 comments NayNay wrote: "Try Midnight Breed series, I think it is the closes to BDB....in fact I like it a little better.

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara AdrianKiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara AdrianMidnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian[bookcover:Mid..."

Better than BDB?? I'm on it.. like right NOW! Thanks!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments Midnight Breed series is the closest to BDB and I love MB BUT you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't read Darkfever! ;)

Jennifer☠Pher☠ (naylorjen) | 32 comments I really liked this a little better then BDB, When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy .

message 13: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Oh my, I also really liked Scanguards Vampires by Tina Folsom....hot, hot, hot, series.

Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1) by Tina Folsom Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2) by Tina Folsom Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires, #3) by Tina Folsom Yvette's Haven (Scanguards Vampires, #4) by Tina Folsom Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5) by Tina Folsom

message 14: by Jordy (new)

Jordy (jordycrazyromanceaddict) I suggest the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione. I made the mistake of reading Midnight Breed series right after BDB series and was disappointed. Its not that MB was bad just way too predictable for me.

message 15: by Mel (last edited Jun 11, 2012 11:50AM) (new)

Mel (soireb) | 61 comments Jordan wrote: "I suggest the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione. I made the mistake of reading Midnight Breed series right after BDB series and was disappointed. Its not that MB was bad just way too predictable for me."

I agree, I recommend Midnight Breed but I'll give it some time before getting into it. I made the mistake of reading BDB back to back and immediately started Midnight Breed and the first books on MB are so similar to BDB that I quickly got burned.

Maybe try any other of the series that have been recommended here already.

message 16: by Wan (last edited Jun 11, 2012 12:09PM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 195 comments I think you will like Dark-Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, #9; Were-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter, #10; Dream-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Fear the Darkness (Dark-Hunter, #11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #12) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Upon the Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter, #13; Dream-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter, #14; Dream-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #16) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dead After Dark (Includes Dark-Hunter, #16.1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter, #17; Dream-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19; Were-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Retribution (Dark-Hunter, #20) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Guardian (Dark-Hunter, #21; Dream-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Time Untime (Dark-Hunter, #22) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherm923) | 1 comments How about the shifter series by Rachel Vincent?
Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent

message 18: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lipman (sharonlipmanauthor) | 56 comments Excellent recommendations! Thanks ladies
x

message 19: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere I vote for the Demonica Series, then the Lord of Deliverance Series by Larissa Ione

message 20: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 195 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "I vote for the Demonica Series, then the Lord of Deliverance Series by Larissa Ione"

I love them two too.

message 21: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Fever series by Karen Marie Moning is a must read! It's by far my most favorite series ever!

Which makes it really hard finding anything else half decent. :(

oh well...

:)

message 22: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Kurucz (jadzea) | 34 comments Jacob all books Pleasure Unbound all books The Darkest Night all books A Hunger Like No Other all books and yes Darkfever just a little off not para or fantasy. Outlander more historical but a man we all can love

message 23: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cait1204) | 54 comments Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole; amazing series, and in my opinion much better than BDB.

message 24: by Debs (new)

Debs | 28 comments Sharon wrote: "HELP! I am slightly bereft that I have come to the end of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books and need something to keep me going. I just have no idea what to read next - and God knows it need to ..."

Have you tried Kresley cole IAD I have read nearly all KC and JW are my favourite authors But I am also going to try Lara Adrian which I saved on Kindle good luck with your choice there are so many brilliant authors out there

message 25: by Katya (last edited Jun 27, 2012 03:10AM) (new)

Katya | 645 comments Vampires in America by D.B Reynolds
Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Jabril (Vampires in America, #2) by D.B. Reynolds Rajmund (Vampires in America, #3) by D.B. Reynolds Sophia (Vampires in America, #4) by D.B. Reynolds Duncan (Vampires in America, #5) by D.B. Reynolds Vampires in America The Vignettes, Volume 1 (Vampires in America, #5.5) by D.B. Reynolds Lucas (Vampires In America #6) by D.B. Reynolds

Sentinel Wars by Shannon K. Butcher
Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2) by Shannon K. Butcher Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3) by Shannon K. Butcher On the Hunt (Includes Sentinel Wars #3.5, Nightkeepers #5.5, Gods of Midnight, #4.5) by Gena Showalter Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4) by Shannon K. Butcher Blood Hunt (Sentinel Wars, #5) by Shannon K. Butcher Bound by Vengeance (Sentinel Wars, #5.5) by Shannon K. Butcher Dying Wish (Sentinal Wars, #6) by Shannon K. Butcher

Eternal Guardians by Elisabeth Naughton
Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2) by Elisabeth Naughton Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3) by Elisabeth Naughton Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4) by Elisabeth Naughton Enslaved (Eternal Guardians, #5) by Elisabeth Naughton

Elemental Mysteries by Elizabeth Hunter
A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries Book #1) by Elizabeth Hunter This Same Earth (Elemental Mysteries, #2) by Elizabeth Hunter The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries #3) by Elizabeth Hunter A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries Book #4) by Elizabeth Hunter

Awakened by Blood by Marie Treanor
Blood on Silk (Awakened by Blood, #1) by Marie Treanor Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2) by Marie Treanor Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3) by Marie Treanor

message 26: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lipman (sharonlipmanauthor) | 56 comments Katya wrote: "Vampires in America by D.B Reynolds
Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. ReynoldsJabril (Vampires in America, #2) by D.B. ReynoldsRajmund (Vampires in America, #3) by D.B. ReynoldsLady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2) by Lisa KleypasThe Search (Eve Duncan, #3) by Iris JohansenVampires in America The Vignettes - Volume 1 by D. B. Reynolds[bookcover:Luc..."

Excellent! Thank you!!

message 27: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (nyeuthi) | 11 comments Demonica for sure. I am reading Eternal Guardians series, so far so good

message 28: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lipman (sharonlipmanauthor) | 56 comments I loved Demonica - I'm reading the Immortal Riders at the moment as book 3 just came out Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3) by Larissa Ione

message 29: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (nyeuthi) | 11 comments Waiting for the 4th one which comes out in November 2012.Oh Reseph's love story will be epic I know it.

message 30: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lipman (sharonlipmanauthor) | 56 comments Jacqueline wrote: "Waiting for the 4th one which comes out in November 2012.Oh Reseph's love story will be epic I know it."
Absolutely!! It's a shame there are only 4 horsemen - I could read a lot more!

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) | 195 comments You got a lot of great suggestions. I am currently reading Lethal Rider as well. I hope to finish it up today. Larissa is a FABULOUS author. I am going to recommend two of my favorites, they are lighter with a good amount of humor. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2) by Molly Harper Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3) by Molly Harper Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4) by Molly Harper
and
First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) by Darynda Jones Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones