Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Games > Guess the Manga

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 10, 2012 09:50PM) (new)

This game is pretty much as it sounds. Just put the description of any manga of your choice, and the other members have to try to guess what it is. The member who gets it right gets to do the next manga for other members to guess. I'll start.

This manga was created by a very famous shoujo mangaka. It's about a girl who really wants a boyfriend, but can't seem to get one (she thinks part of it is because of her small boobs). She is living on her own while her parents are away, and her neighbor and childhood friend takes care of her. One day she is walking home from school when she finds a phone ringing on the ground. She answers it to find out it belongs to a man with a kansai accent, and they agree to meet up so she can return the phone. When they meet up, the owner asks what she wants most, and she confesses that she really wants a boyfriend. He gives her his card, and after investigating the website, she ends up with a boyfriend in a box the next day! Can you guess which manga this is?

message 2: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Absolute Boyfriend

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. You get to choose the next manga.

message 4: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments This manga is about a girl who is treated like a gopher by her friends and doesn't really say what she thinks. She has the ability to tell when people are going to die, but has avoided using her ability by wearing glasses. Despite her reluctance she finds out two of her classmates are going to die, so she tries to save them. It turns out these two boys aren't going to die, in fact, and later ask (coerce) her to use her ability to help them. Guess which manga this is.

message 5: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Yes. Your turn.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

This hasnt been updated in forever so i'll go i guess. This a manga about a boy who atteneds a highschool and meets a girl who he has no intrest in at first. /but he helps her get a club back together, with the help of some friends and the girl ends up putting on the play she wanted to do and in the end the two get married.

message 7: by Kyasarin (new)

Kyasarin Clannad

message 8: by Anaika (new)

Anaika Clannad After Story is also part of this but I might be wrong haven't watched it in awhile.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Correct! Kyrasarins turn.

message 10: by Kyasarin (new)

Kyasarin This manga is about a girl who is kind of a tomboy and while in middle school only cared about playing sports. Now entering high school she wants to get a boyfriend, however she is lost on how to go about it. So she asked a cool handsome upperclassmen to teach/coach her about love.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

High School Debut..one of my favourite manga ao I can't be wrong

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

The main girl is left homeless after her father disappears after incurring a huge amount of debt. She comes across a man being chased by a dog and on helping him, he provides her with a home, a very unusual home, an abandoned shrine with an extremely hot and equally angry familiar who had been waiting for his master for the past 20 years..

message 13: by Selena (last edited Dec 06, 2013 06:27AM) (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2025 comments Mod
^ Kamisama Kiss (I think it's Kamisama Hajimemashita in Japanese), yes?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes.
Your turn^^

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes.
Your turn^^

message 16: by Selena (new)

Let's see...

This story is about a mischievous newborn kitten who is rescued by a young boy named Yohei and his mother. The kitty is then quickly and quietly whisked away into the warm and inviting Yamada family apartment... where pets are strictly not permitted. This manga follows the adventure of the kitty.

message 17: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments Chi's Sweet Home?

message 18: by Selena (new)

^You got it. Your turn. :)

message 19: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments This story is about an adopted five-year old girl who is very cheerful and funny. The plot follows this girl's life as she discovers many things. She often visits her next door neighbours, the Ayase Family and plays with her Dad's friend Jumbo.

message 20: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments Yotsuba&!

message 21: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments Correct. Your turn.

message 22: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments This manga is a slice-of-life story that examines the long term aftermath of the bombing of Hiroshima. It features related characters at points 10, 71 and 33 after the bomb hit and shows its lingering effects on everyday life.