What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > celebrities/famous guy falling for that normal girl

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Heather Emily (new)

Heather Emily (princessheather) | 12 comments I love these types of books where the famous, high class, celebrity, etc. guy falls in love with that normal girl. OR that guy that just everyone seems to want, & he goes for that one girl that's not as popular? Something like that. I've read the Fifty Shades series, Beautiful Disaster, Just The Sexiest Man Alive, Natural Born Charmer & A Royal Kiss.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

message 2: by Sara ♥ (last edited Jun 10, 2012 11:45PM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments Adult? YA? Contemporary? Historical? I JUST read Just the Sexiest Man Alive... It was SO cute!! From my romance shelf:

*Teen Idol (Sort of.... YA contemporary)
*The Royally Jacked series (3) (prince + normal girl, YA contemporary)
*The Boy Next Door (rich guy, regular girl, adult contemporary)
*Boy Meets Girl (rich guy, regular girl, adult contemporary)
*She Went All the Way (actor & screenwriter (but she's very down to earth...), adult contemporary)
*Once Upon a Marigold is the opposite (she's a princess and he's a regular guy, YA fairy-tale/fantasy)
*Book of a Thousand Days - SO GOOD!! (Khan/lady's maid - the book's government system is loosely based on Mongolia... YA fairy tale-ish/fantasy)
*The Goose Girl (he THINKS she's a commoner, YA fairy tale)
*Naked in Death (super rich guy & NYPD woman, adult futuristic police romance??)

K, I think that's all. Unless you want to count every single historical romance novel I've read that deals with a member of the British aristocracy that goes for a wallflower/shy mouse/spinster/bluestocking/etc. Which is a LOT of them....

message 3: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 14 comments Anna and the French Kiss it was SO romantic! Setting is in Paris!

message 4: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments Oh! How did I miss that one? :)

message 6: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments One of the earliest "what was the name of the book" posts I answered had this trilogy of girls falling in love with an actor, rock star and prince:

Lights, Camera, Love!
A Royal Kiss (You're the One)
Love Song

They are YA though.

message 7: by Heather Emily (new)

Heather Emily (princessheather) | 12 comments thanks for all the recommendations, i'll definitely check all those put & put some on my to read list! (:

message 8: by Roshini (new)

message 9: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 158 comments This one is actually reversed...the heroine is an actress and the male is the normal, everyday guy, but it is a really fun read.
Seduced

message 10: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Gone With the Nerd by Vicki Lewis Thompson would be another reversal, with a hot famous actress and a geeky nobody accountant.

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim (celticoracle) | 27 comments Jo Return To Calloway Corners (Harlequin Superromance No. 342) by Tracy Hughes I loved this book (and really the rest of the Calloway Corners series) when I was a teenager. It was the first story I read with this particular motif, and being in the throes of a celebrity crush at the time it was particularly appealing. :)

Hm. I'll have to dig it up again to see if it's still as good now.

message 13: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments Breathe by Abbi Glines (Teen rockstar & maid)- YA
Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton (Popstar & regular girl)- YA
The Stillburrow Crush by Linda Kage (Quarterback & school paper editor)- YA
Heart On A Chain by Cindy C. Bennett (Popular & bully victim)-YA
Taking Shots by Toni Aleo (NHL hockey player & Photographer) - Adult
Love at First Click by Elizabeth Chandler (Football player & Photographer)- YA

Hope you like them ;)

message 14: by Heather Emily (new)

Heather Emily (princessheather) | 12 comments thank you for the new suggestions. (:

message 15: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 253 comments You might find some that haven't been suggested in these lists, there is prob a huge overlap but i figured you could find some you'd like! :)
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/11...
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/12...

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlb23) | 67 comments The Healer's Apprentice
Just One Wish
As You Wish
The Selection
Here are some that first came to mind...I'll post more when I think of some Enjoy!

message 17: by Heather Emily (new)

Heather Emily (princessheather) | 12 comments Moira wrote: "You might find some that haven't been suggested in these lists, there is prob a huge overlap but i figured you could find some you'd like! :)
http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/11......"

I didn't even think to look through the lists! Mainly because there are so many. thank you, thank you, thank you!

message 18: by Heather Emily (new)

Heather Emily (princessheather) | 12 comments Lauren wrote: "The Healer's Apprentice
Just One Wish
As You Wish
The Selection
Here are some that first came to mind...I'll post more when I think of some Enjoy!"

thank you!! a couple of these sound real interesting.

message 19: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (musiclover4ever) | 1 comments Can You Keep a Secret?-one of my favorite!!

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenlb23) | 67 comments No problem. Also some other books that come to mind:
The Tiger's Curse series(2 brothers who are princes fall in love with normal girl)

And Royally Crushed

message 21: by Heather Emily (new)

Heather Emily (princessheather) | 12 comments Bonnie wrote: "Can You Keep a Secret?-one of my favorite!!"

Oh this was hilarious ! I enjoyed it verrrrrry much thank you xo.

message 22: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 946 comments Waterfalls by Robin Jones Gunn.

message 23: by Emily (last edited Jun 13, 2013 09:43AM) (new)

Emily (vocalise) | 27 comments A few YA titles:
Just a Summer Romance - Ann M. Martin
You Never Can Tell - Ellen Conford

message 24: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) | 109 comments Incidental Happenstance is my favorite book of last year.

message 25: by Heather Emily (new)

Heather Emily (princessheather) | 12 comments So I've been reading quite a few of these types of books lately & I decided to make a list of them... Just in case anybody is obsessed about this concept as much as I am ! Celebrity/rich/playboy/popular guy going for that girl that's not Sorry if they've already been listed here but here you go !
The Accidental Movie Star
Beautiful Disaster
Fifty Shades of Grey
The Perfect Play
Love Unscripted
Game for Anything
Just the Sexiest Man Alive
Natural Born Charmer
Backstage Pass
Bared to You
The Marriage Bargain
Come Away With Me
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Hollywood Ever After
The Stillburrow Crush
See Jane Score
Breathe
Loving David
Starkissed

I hope this helps somebody & check out the "I'm a celebrity. Love me!" & "Famous Characters" lists ! Yay hope everyone enjoys !

message 26: by Cara (new)

Cara | 1 comments Johnny Be Good - Paige Toon
Chasing Daisy - Paige Toon
My two FAVS

message 27: by Hannah (last edited Jun 18, 2013 01:52AM) (new)

Hannah | 11 comments All of the Sarah Dessen books except for dreamland and the moon and more (They are good too but not romance-y)
OMG and A little wanting song by Cath Crowley A Little Wanting Song

message 28: by Necee (new)

Necee | 1 comments I HIGHLY recommend Remember When by T. Torrest. Here is the synopsis:

"Ever wonder how often Brad Pitt's high school girlfriend must ponder jumping off a bridge? Ever think about the girl that had her hooks in George Clooney before he took off for TV stardom? How about Leonardo DiCaprio's ex, or Johnny Depp's first groupie, or any number of young women who got left behind when their boyfriends set off for greener pastures and eventually achieved unfathomable Hollywood fame?

My name is Layla Warren and I don't need to wonder about any of those things. I already know. Because years before Trip Wiley could be seen on movie screens all over the world, he could be seen sitting in the desk behind me in my high school English class.

This was back in 1990, and I cite the year only to avoid dumbfounding you when references to big hair or stretch pants are mentioned. Although, come to think of it, I am from New Jersey, which may serve as explanation enough. We were teenagers then, way back in a time before anyone, himself included, could even dream he'd turn into the Hollywood commodity that he is today.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you who Trip Wiley is. But on the off chance you've been living under a rock for the past decade, just know that these days, he's the bad boy actor found at the top of every casting director's wish list. He's incredibly talented and insanely gorgeous, the combination of which has made him very rich, very famous and very desirable.

And not just to casting directors, either.

I can't confirm any of the gossip from his early years out in Tinseltown, but based on what I knew of his life before he was famous, I can tell you that the idea of Girls-Throwing-Themselves-At-Trip is not a new concept.

I should know. I was one of them.

And my life hasn't been the same since."

Remember When

message 29: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
A brand new book in this category is Eversea by first time author Natasha Boyd. It is supposed to be the first in a series, but, well, as I said--it has JUST come out. Still, I enjoyed it. However, I will warn you--if you are a Twihard, you might not like it. Since there is a LOT of resemblance to what went on with Robert Pattinson and Kristin Stewart and their weird relationship.

message 30: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) | 109 comments I've heard it has a big cliffhanger. Is that true?

message 31: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jul 05, 2013 08:56PM) (new)

It has a cliffhanger (view spoiler) But don't read the spoiler Tala unless you don't mind having the very ending spoiled. And I have to say--I really HATE cliffhangers. I probably wouldn't have read it if I'd realized it had that stupid thing. Sigh, ah well, sooner or later we'll get the next one.

message 32: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) | 109 comments Thanks Ann! I'll wait until the next one is out and then read them.

message 33: by Fantasy (new)

Fantasy Reader | 13 comments I've read a book that falls into this category but i can't remember the title or author. its its about a young woman who is a little over weight and insecure about herself.
she is in love with this rich, dark and handsome man that she works for
but she doesn't believe he would fall her but he was interested despite her
size. he had an ex girlfriend who he caught cheating on him and wanted him
back at all cost. i think his mother is involve in some part. I believe
the name of female character was Maggie, its not an African american novel
and the cover of the book is slightly red with a glossy picture of peaches
in the front. Does anyone know this book?

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments I loved Eversea. I liked the characters in the story. I also recommend Accidental Texting by Kimberley Montague. It's a cute story too :)

message 35: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Not published yet but it's been described as a "reverse Notting Hill love story."

(If you're not familiar with Notting Hill, common man Hugh Grant falls in love with Hollywood star Julia Roberts, in Notting Hill.)

message 36: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments Pillow wrote: "I've read a book that falls into this category but i can't remember the title or author. its its about a young woman who is a little over weight and insecure about herself.
she is in love with this..."

Try making a new post in the UNSOLVED folder. Here's all the details about how to do that:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

message 37: by oliviasbooks (last edited Mar 16, 2014 01:13AM) (new)

oliviasbooks | 191 comments Shooting Stars (YA) about a teenage inestigative jounalist who falls in love with her prey during undercover work in a kind of clinic/resort.

message 38: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 1 comments Rock Star by Roslyn Hardy Holcomb.... an IR romance. Famous Musician normal girl

message 39: by Amra (new)

Amra Oh, I love those books they are my favorite i know a couple
He's with me
Epic Fail
and some others but i cant remember
They are really good and mostly *clean*

message 40: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Ting | 1 comments Stumbled upon this thread while looking for similar sort of books. Thanks for the all the recommendations. I also have something to contribute, it's a book I read when I was younger but could not remember the title for the better part of the next decade. But my friend who is a monster in searching for books found the exact book and i re-read it last year.

Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Nobody's Baby But Mine - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

Hope you'll enjoy it as I did (twice).

message 41: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Sharpshair | 1 comments The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton - very funny and super sexy read about an A-List celebrity guy falling for a struggling actress (she's a nobody when they meet)

message 42: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

2 book series with a single (so far) spin-off. Someone Else's Fairytale is the first book. Second is Nobody's Damsel and the spin off is Break It Up

message 43: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (silentrequiem) | 87 comments This is a common theme in a number of Susan Elizabeth Phillips books. I really enjoyed Natural Born Charmer and Glitter Baby.

Heartthrob by Suzanne Brockmann. She also has a storyline featuring a movie star and an FBI agent in her Troubleshooters books, but it's fairly far into the series.

Jane by April Lindner is a retelling of Jane Eyre, with Rochester a famous rock star.

Just One Wish and My Double Life by Janette Rallison are two YA books that are very good.

The Airhead trilogy by Meg Cabot sort of fits, too. It's YA science-fictiony.

The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale isn't really a romance, but a best friendship between a famous actor and a housewife.

Kristin Harmel has two books: When You Wish (YA) and How to Sleep with a Movie Star.

message 44: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Feb 18, 2014 05:45PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
^
Flagged for spam.

ETA: Ignore, spam deleted.

message 45: by Keira (new)

Keira | 21 comments Epic Fail <<<<<===== PERFECT BOOK FOR YOU

message 46: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (00krystal) | 132 comments Someone mentioned Eversea above, I and I had to add my vote for that one. It's about an actor who travels to a small Southern town and meets a local girl there. The sequel was also very good, titled Forever, Jack. Though I will say, the person who suggested the book above said it was very similar to the Twilight books, and I to disagree. I didn't pick up anything along those lines in these books. Maybe just me, but there you go.

message 47: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

No, not to the BOOKS--to the "romance" between Kristen Steward and Robert Pattinson. Definitely NOT similar to the books at all. (Sorry, if I didn't make that clear). Except--well, I liked Jack better than I like RPat.

message 48: by Madison (new)

Madison (madison219) | 34 comments Finally has the normal girl and celebrity thing kind of as a small part of the story. Lock and Key kind of has the popular guy and the unpopular girl thing (he's really nice and happy and he's really popular and everyone all ages like him, and she's an introvert and she's isn't the nicest person but not the meanest either... Bad explanation, sorry ) well, that's all I can think of, hope you find a good book! :)

message 49: by Amber (new)

message 50: by Skye (new)

Skye Sharpe | 1 comments Seeing Stars by J Sterling

« previous 1