Snow White & the Huntsman Snow White & the Huntsman discussion

movie compared to book

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sabrina (new) - added it

Sabrina Hey okay so I just saw this movie and i thought it was really good and the storyline was really captivating. I did not know it was a book until I got home and searched it. now I want to read the book and I know you are supposed to read the book first :/
Anyway question is what was better the book or the movie? and is the book worth the read?

Rachael I believe the book was written from the film. I've just read the book and it was ok. I think definitely worth a read if you enjoyed the film, I can't wait to see it!

Citra I haven't seen the movie, but I have read the book. The book itself it a novelization of the movie, so it's not novel based movie to begin with.

I enjoyed the book enough, it's a quick read however since the description is good, every scene is crystal clear. It lacks of emotion and back story though.

Briana I loved the movie myself. I did feel that, like Citra said, it lacked some emotion. But for what the movie lacks, the book picks up. It explained so much that the movie was unable to do. You are in the characters head while reading.

message 5: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Zhang I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but a couple of days ago I saw the book at a bookstore and it looked good, but the cover looked suspiciously like a movie... then I heard that Snow White & the Huntsman was a movie, and I was wondering about it... then I saw this, and I was like ohhh the book is from the movie... and books of movies aren't usually very good, from my experience, but, we'll see. I hope I'll get a chance to read the book sometime (I am SO not going to waste my money buying it) and maybe that'll change my opinion of movie books. Anyhow seeing this page and the good comments about the book has made me want to read it, so thanks!

Rachael Francesca wrote: "I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but a couple of days ago I saw the book at a bookstore and it looked good, but the cover looked suspiciously like a movie... then I heard that Snow White ..."

Live a little.. You might like it, you might hate it but either way you won't know till you read it. I could tell it was written from the film but I liked the story line enough to enjoy the book. Personally, I can't wait to see the film =)

message 7: by Francesca (new)

Francesca Zhang Rachael wrote: "Francesca wrote: "I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but a couple of days ago I saw the book at a bookstore and it looked good, but the cover looked suspiciously like a movie... then I hear..."

Oh I wasn't saying I though it would be bad or anything, I was just saying that at that time I didn't expect to enjoy the book much if I read it, but now I've changed that decision and decided to try the book.

Rachael You'll have to let us know what the thought of it.. enjoy :)

Briana I loved both the movie and the book equally.

Diana Marcela He leído varios libros y después veo la película, en esos casos he preferido más el libro. Pero en este libro de BlancaNieves y el Cazador prefiero la película. A los autores les faltó explicar detalladamente el entorno y los acontecimientos del libro.