Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1) Sweet Evil discussion

Anyone else not like Kaidan?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K (new) - rated it 4 stars

K I didn't like him at first but then I re-read the book knowing about his issues and it made a little more sense. I'd be bipolar too if I had to deal with what he does.

message 2: by K (new) - rated it 4 stars

K The heroine says multiple times she's tired of Kaiden "having mood swings" being hot and then cold yada yada yada. Essentially he was borderline bipolar. I felt like his cockiness was more of an armor than anything. It didn't make me like him less it just made me feel sorry for him. Like I said though the first time I read it I was not a huge Kaiden fan. Round 2 knowing what the whole story was I could understand his mood swings and attitude a little more.

Valeria I may be missing something but why exactly do people feel sorry for Kaiden ? I hear stuff about him having to do a dreadful job every day which makes him depressed. And his job is ? To have a lot of sex. Please, there are worse things that could happen to a teenage boy. Frankly I think my job as a cashier is more depressing and horrible than his. Therefore I don't have any sympathy for him because even if he did hate what he does, he would rebel. Kaiden doesn't rebel against his demon and continues doing what he does even after meeting Anna. I think his jerkish behaviour is due to him being, well, a jerk, nothing else. If Anna had a single shred of dignity and self worth, she'd tell him to get lost.

Angela I really liked him. I know some people think bad boy type is overdone but I Think he worked out well. He's always been honest. Well except maybe omission. Sorry but team Kaidan here.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I was bothered by the fact that he played some kind of role in human trafficking. That makes me uncomfortable with him as a romantic lead. I think the book says that he introduces the girls who are going to be trafficked into their new roles. I took that to mean that he was "having sex" with these girls. Given the fact that they may not have a lot of choice in this situation, I see that as rape. I didn't find it heartening that he drew the line at molesting a 12 year old girl. That is some serious moral relativism. I wish Higgins had left that part out. I could deal with him being a love 'em and leave 'em jerk, but rape?

Angela That was probably the only thin that set me off. However, I think it does help paint the picture of who they are supposed to be. They are the sons and daughters of demons. And demons are evil.