Ramstein Germany or Wherever You Are Bookclub discussion

Random > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (RedPowerLady) | 10 comments How about introducing ourselves to one another? It might make book discussion more enjoyable, maybe not but at least I'll put a human to the screen name.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mkpowell) | 8 comments Mod
Hi it's Michelle. As far as I can tell, you all know me. I would really like to meet some people from Ramstein Germany...

message 3: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (RedPowerLady) | 10 comments I don't know anyone else, it would be nice to put a little description to the comments. Hopefully people are interested of course.

So I guess I will start. I'm Natasha. The cutie in my profile picture is Piper my 2.5 year old daughter. I have a degree in Psychology and a background in social work. I chose to become a stay-at-home mom after my daughter was born. Now I do volunteer work to keep my mind active. Besides volunteer work, which I love, and is in the field of peaceful parenting and breastfeeding my passions are culture, culture crafts, the outdoors, and reading.

I have never been part of a book club but always had the desire to. Beyond my experience in College lit courses I'm not sure how to discuss books so bare with me as I learn the etiquette of book clubs.

message 4: by Jeremy Burgher (new)

Jeremy Burgher | 6 comments Jeremy - I'm Mikaela's husband, or Mikaela is my wife, depending on how you look at it. I live over here in Germany with her, and work part-time at nothing that's very exciting. Did some tutoring in math last year, and hope to substitute teach this coming year. I love reading, and I'm looking forward to this book club giving me a purpose to do so, as long as Mikaela doesn't stress over it too much.

message 5: by Mikaela (new)

Mikaela | 16 comments Mod
I'm Mikaela, Jeremy's wife. Right now I'm living in Germany and working at the bookstore on base. I love reading and books. I've recently gotten into online bookclubs. I belong to a few larger ones which are nice but I never take an active part in the discussion, I read the book(normally only Sword and Laser but occasionally the others)but I find the large number of people intimidating. That's why I started this club, I hope it gets a little bigger but I thought a somewhat smaller size and knowing at least a few other people would make it easier to get involved. I still get my best ideas in the shower and then never type them but for the next books I promise I will make more of an effort to get out of my own head.
Besides books I love hiking, watching movies and I love TV. I believe strongly that despite the networks best efforts to prove me wrong that Tv can be a real art form. I also love traveling and get antsy if I don't go on least one big trip a year. This year was Slovenia and it was awesome!