Gay Science Fiction discussion

Anne Barwell
This topic is about Anne Barwell
Introductions > Anne Barwell

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Barwell (anne_barwell) | 8 comments *waves* Hi, I'm Anne and I'm a New Zealand author published with Dreamspinner Press.

My 'Hidden Places' series is a mix of SF/Fantasy, depending on how you want to define AUs through portals and psi powers - I tend to think more fantasy though it's listed as both on the DSP site. Cat's Quill is the first in the series, with the sequel 'Magic's Muse' coming out in September.

I've also written a short time travel SF novella set in New Zealand called Slow Dreaming. More to come in the way of time travel and I have a contemporary SF series set in Wellington planned to write once I've finished the series I'm already working on.

message 2: by Charming, Order theorist (new)

Charming (charming_euphemism) | 787 comments Mod
Anne wrote: "*waves* Hi, I'm Anne and I'm a New Zealand author published with Dreamspinner Press.

My 'Hidden Places' series is a mix of SF/Fantasy, depending on how you want to define AUs through portals and ..."

Hi Anne! Time Travel is one of my favorite tropes.

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Barwell (anne_barwell) | 8 comments Charming wrote: "Anne wrote: "*waves* Hi, I'm Anne and I'm a New Zealand author published with Dreamspinner Press.

My 'Hidden Places' series is a mix of SF/Fantasy, depending on how you want to define AUs through..."

Hi Charming. It's one of mine too.

message 4: by Charming, Order theorist (new)

Anne wrote: "Charming wrote: "Anne wrote: "*waves* Hi, I'm Anne and I'm a New Zealand author published with Dreamspinner Press.

My 'Hidden Places' series is a mix of SF/Fantasy, depending on how you want to d..."

Because you have good taste. :-) I have started a time travel discussion under Sci-fi Themes if you want to jump in.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne Barwell (anne_barwell) | 8 comments I looked at that and noticed a couple of stories I want to read mentioned. Is it just for gay Sci-Fi stories? As most I've read aren't. BTW I've been reading Sci-Fi for years, and am a member of the local SF club.

message 6: by Charming, Order theorist (new)

Anne wrote: "I looked at that and noticed a couple of stories I want to read mentioned. Is it just for gay Sci-Fi stories? As most I've read aren't. BTW I've been reading Sci-Fi for years, and am a member of th..."

We only put GSF stories on the bookshelf, but mentioning other stories to talk about the concepts is fair game.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne Barwell (anne_barwell) | 8 comments *nods* That's what I was thinking from what I've seen, but wanted to confirm so I didn't do something I shouldn't. Thanks.

So...on the subject of time travel, the one that comes to mind, especially as the author has just passed, is Ray Bradbury's 'A Sound of Thunder'

message 8: by Charming, Order theorist (new)

Anne wrote: "So...on the subject of time travel, the one that comes to mind, especially as the author has just passed, is Ray Bradbury's 'A Sound of Thunder' "

Ah yes; the original butterfly effect story. I still remember it vividly, though I only read it once, years ago.