The Sword and Laser discussion

Halo: The Fall of Reach
This topic is about Halo
What Else Are You Reading? > Eric Nylund Halo Books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Hey, new to this thread and wondering if anybody has read this book, I thought it was very very good despite being a sort of fan fiction. Anybody want to recommend this for a next read or anything?Halo: The Fall of Reach

message 2: by Gordon (new)

Gordon McLeod (mcleodg) | 347 comments Oh it's not fan fiction at all, it's a sanctioned work in the Halo franchise. It's been a long time since I read it, but I enjoyed it a fair bit.

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Gord wrote: "Oh it's not fan fiction at all, it's a sanctioned work in the Halo franchise. It's been a long time since I read it, but I enjoyed it a fair bit."

Cool cool, have a favorite part? Or otherwise?

message 4: by Gordon (new)

Gordon McLeod (mcleodg) | 347 comments Don't recall, I remember The Flood a bit better than The Fall of Reach, and even that's a little hazy. I've read so many books since I read those all the details are gone.

Incidentally it looks like they've published quite a few more Halo titles since then, many available on the Kindle.

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Gord wrote: "Don't recall, I remember The Flood a bit better than The Fall of Reach, and even that's a little hazy. I've read so many books since I read those all the details are gone.

Incidentally it looks li..."

They have have actually, Ghosts of Onyx among them which I thought was very well written as I expect from Mr. Nylund.

message 6: by Gordon (new)

Gordon McLeod (mcleodg) | 347 comments I have a physical copy of that one sitting on my bookshelf, haven't actually read it though. I'd forgotten about it until this thread. :)

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Get reading! :) Its worth the time it takes to read.

message 8: by Mark (new)

Mark | 18 comments I read and enjoyed the original three, but never read Ghosts of Onyx. Now I'll have to go back and find that one.

Is it just 4 books, or are there more?

message 9: by Ryan (new)

Ryan There are more books, but the only ones I really enjoyed were by Eric Nylund. I mean no offense to the other guy(who's name escapes me) but I just really liked Nylund. Ghosts of Onyx is no exception; it's well written and the story is connected to the other books.

Jonathan | 185 comments The Greg Bear Halo prequel series is pretty great, if you're looking for some tie-in fiction. As for Fall of Reach, I liked it, but didn't know how to react to it in any really deep way. It's mostly for the obvious reason that it was kind of doing the whole Ender's Game plot within the Halo universe.

Kevin | 2 comments I have all four of the Halo series in audiobook. I was a fan of the video game series and was able to really like the stories. they also pulled the video game story lines together a bit as well.