Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Self-Promotion > Klondaeg The Monster Hunter

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Thomas | 102 comments I recently released a new novella, Klondaeg The Monster Hunter. It's a comedic action fantasy set in the same world as Smite Me, Oh Dark One. Having read, "Smite Me," will enhance the reading experience, but isn't necessary.

Klondaeg is a simple Dwarf with a simple plan: rid the world of monsters. When he was a boy, his parents were killed by unidentified monsters, and he swore revenge against all of them. Armed with a talking battle axe with two personalities, Klondaeg travels the countryside, slaying everything from tiny werewolves to gold-devouring demons. He negates prophecies, disproves history, and even comes face to face with Acerbus, the god of darkness himself. But will he ever find the thing that killed his parents?

Currently available in ebook form on Amazon and Smashwords:

http://www.amazon.com/Klondaeg-The-Mo...

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

It's currently under review for Smashwords to distribute it to other sites, so it should be available elsewhere in the comings weeks. The paperback edition, which will include "Smite Me, Oh Dark One" as a bonus story, is also on its way.

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Thomas | 102 comments Belated update, Klondaeg is now available on most major ebook channels, including Barnes & Noble and iTunes.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/klond...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/klon...

The sequel should be coming this spring.

message 3: by J.D. (last edited Feb 05, 2013 08:41PM) (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 84 comments Excellent news! Congratulations on getting it out there.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Thomas | 102 comments The Klondaeg series is now complete, with all books available on Amazon, B&N, Smashwords,and iBooks.

The reading order is as follows:

Klondaeg The Monster Hunter (Klondaeg #1) by Steve Thomas

Klondaeg is a simple Dwarf with a simple plan: rid the world of monsters. When he was a boy, his parents were killed by unidentified monsters, and he swore revenge against all of them. Armed with a talking battle axe with two personalities, Klondaeg travels the countryside, slaying everything from tiny werewolves to gold-devouring demons. He negates prophecies, disproves history, and even comes face to face with Acerbus, the god of darkness himself. But will he ever find the thing that killed his parents?

Klondaeg Saves Fromsday (Klondaeg #1.5) by Steve Thomas

The feasts! The pageants! The coconuts!

Fromsday is here and Klondaeg is invited. Join Klondaeg as he visits the land of the frog-people to attend a festival in honor of Fromdon, God of Coconuts. But all is not well in the frog-lands, where a monster has disrupted the proceedings and threatens to pull a family apart. Can Klondaeg save Fromsday? Find out in this very special episode of Klondaeg the Monster Hunter.

Klondaeg and the Klondaeg Hunters (Klondaeg #2) by Steve Thomas

Klondaeg’s adventures continue with five new episodes. Klondaeg the Monster Hunter has hunted down monsters all over the world, but he should have searched closer to home. When Klondaeg discovers that one of his closest allies is secretly a monster, he must choose between friendship and duty. Meanwhile, a secret society slinks in the shadows with sinister intent. Can Klondaeg defeat the Klondaeg Hunters, or will monsters take over the world?

Klondaeg Lord of Heroes (Klondaeg #3) by Steve Thomas

Armed with a talking battle axe with a split personality, Klondaeg roams the world in search of adventure. He has battled dozens of monsters, avenged his parents, and defeated the Klondaeg Hunters, but now he must face his greatest challenge yet. An old enemy has returned, and he plans to summon the most dangerous monster in all of history. It’s Klondaeg versus the end of the world in the final five episodes of Klondaeg the Monster Hunter!

I should also point out Smite Me, Oh Dark One as a supplement. This is a free short story I used to introduce the setting for Klondaeg.