Scarlet Garden *Masquerade* (Advanced) discussion

First Level > Cartography room

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

rosebee (rose33) | 1319 comments Mod
Pretty much a room full of maps. In the middle of the room as a large topography map.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Bailey walked into the room, her ballet flats making her footsteps sound soft and padded. She smiled softly and walked over to a map of northern Europe. Carefully she traced the outline of France. The map was old and creased slightly with age, the edges turning a faint yellow. It smelled like parchment and she smiled at the scent. The room was absolutely lovely and she sighed as she moved to a map of China. Even in the empty room the faint Ball Room music could be heard.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ After some wandering, Colin eased the large door open, revealing the room. He stared around curiosly, closing the door behind him as he stepped inside. He stepped toward a map at random, his fingers delicatly touching the decaying tip. It was a map of Europe. He looked at it curiosly, never to have travled before. He let his eyes wander at random across the room,Stopping when he saw Bailey looking at a map. A soft smile spread across his face.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Bailey resisted the urge to touch the map and trace the outline of the delicate map. She sighed softly and stepped away from the map. Feeling the sense of another presence in the room, the hairs on the back of her neck rose up and she turned. Seeing a male she looked him up and down curiously before turning back to the map and inspecting it once more.

She would never engage in conversation. It wasn't her nature and she would much rather stay to the side. She hated to take attention. To be accused of stealing the attention. It disgusted her, how some people wanted the attention. Craved it. Needed it. All she wanted was to go unnoticed. To be the wallflower girl.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ his soft smile widened slightly. she didn't want to talk, did she? well to bad for her, she wasn't getting her wish. he glided over to her quietly looking at the map from behind her.He cocked his head to the side, looking at the map "Is this china?" he asked curoisly, for the reason that he knew nothing of the places outside home.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "It is." she said simply and then turned her head over her shoulder, surprised to see he had moved up so close, so quietly. Stepping away from him she shook her head as she moved a few inches away from him. "Do you know much about China?" she asked curiously, deciding that if he wanted to talk, then fine. She would talk.

message 7: by ~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ (last edited Jun 20, 2012 08:40AM) (new)

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ he smiled, leaning against the wall, arms crossed. "other than the fact that it isn't anywhere near where we live,no." he answered, looking at the map. he shifted his mask, not able to see clearly through the eye holes. he hated the mask, I mean, what was the point of it?

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Bailey shrugged, "It is far away, isn't it...." she said softly as if speaking more to herself. "I'm Bailey." she said a bit louder, making it apparent she was once againt speaking to the male.

message 9: by ~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ (last edited Jun 20, 2012 08:47AM) (new)

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ he smiled, a smile that spelled trouble. "Bailey." he said, as if trying it out. "it suits you." he said, looking her up and down. "You can call me Colin." he said

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Bailey nodded, a bit wary of his smile, "Most people call me Bay for short. I don't really think people would call you Col or Lin, though." she said and shrugged, "So Colin it is. Why are you in the cartography room, anyway?" she asked curiously.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ He shrugged. "Got bored."he said, looking around the room, noticing her wariness, which made his smile widen slightly. He pulled himself off the wall, yawning as if to prove his point.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "So why not go to the ballroom to stimulate conversation with some damsal waiting to be swept off her feet by a prince charming?" Bailey asked raising a quizatory brow at Colin, "After all the cartography room is supposedly the least visited room in the entire castle."

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ he chuckled lightly, looking at her. "I dunno." he said honestly. "Guess this room just... attracted my attention." he said with a grin. "Besides," he waved his hand through the air. "Dancing has never really been my thing, though finding a damsel could be quite fun"

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Bailey nodded, "Then you should go scope out the ballroom, any damsels would be there." she said simply and smiled at him kindly. It was obvious that she wasn't any type of Damsel, in fact she prefered her independence and doing things on her own. After all she liked to make sure things were done right, and everyone knew if you wanted things to be done right you had to do them yourself.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ Colin smiled, cocking his head to the side. "And you don't see yourself as a damsel?" he said, studying her with razor sharp eyes, watching every move she made, every word she said.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Never." Bailey said simply and shook her head, "Why on earth do you think that I would be a damsel?" she asked and shook her head, "Damsels are the girls that bat their eyes," She paused and batted her lashes at him for emphasis, "And twirl around in their dresses to make themselves feel pretty," as she said this she also twirled, "And then get smile flirtatiously at boys in hopes that they'll ask her to dance." she gave him a coquettish smile and batted her eyes once more just to prove her point.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ he chuckled. "Then I guess that makes you a Damsel, huh?" he said with a grin, with her having done all of those actions. "You really need to think things through more before you do them." he said with an amused smile.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Bailey rolled her eyes, "I was obviously acting." she said and smirked a bit at him. "I completely look like a girl who isn't a damsel." she said and frowned, "I will never, ever, ever be a damsel." she said simply and ran a hand through her hair.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ He chuckled. "I can't say the same. the picture of you twirling around like that is glued to my eyelids." he said with a mischevious smile, crossing his arms again.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Bailey shook her head, "Yeah right. I bet that within a few minutes you'll forget all about little old me and you'll be too focused on some other girl as she twirls for you and bats her eyes at you instead."

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ he cocked his head. "And just what makes you think I'm into the Damsels?" he questioned in a slightly amused tone. "Maybe I like the rebels, or" he looked up thoughtfully. "I don't know what other classifications of girls there would be." he said more to himself than her.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "There are damsels, drama queens, rebels, dorks, shy girls, odd balls, sporty, alot of classifications really." She said simply and smiled, "You said taht you wouldn't mind a damsel. So you must be into them."

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ "I'm into any of them. except drama queens." he said with a shrug, listening to the distant ball music. he smiled, letting his eyes wander over to a map of europe.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "So then why aren't you in the ball room dancing with any of those girls?" She asked and leaned against a wall. She sighed and was careful not to lean on any maps so that she wouldn't be able to damage them.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ "We are just going in a circle here." he said with a sigh. "Can't we talk about something else? like... Europe?" he had still been looking at the map. his eyes drifted back over to her.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Europe...ever been?" she asked simply and then shook her head. She sighed and bit her lip. "I've never been." she said softly and shook her head.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ "The only place Iv'e been is in this town." he said with a sigh. "Iv'e heard that europe is nice in certain parts, though..." he murmured, eyes scanning the map

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Bailey nodded, "I've read quite a few books about it and my mother told me it was quite lovely in the spring but many places were far too hot in the sumemr for her." she said simply and then shrugged, "I should probably leave you to your peace and quiet."

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ He turned to look at her. she was just one girl, and not really his type. he smiled at her, and headed toward the doors. "well then, maybe I will see you later" he said, opening the door. "maps aren't really my thing." he said with a playful grin, and eased out the door.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay As soon as he was gone Bailey sighed in relief, in her mind that was hard and bothersome and she didn't really look forward to conversing with someone again. It's why she stayed in the map room, because hardly anyone came here so no one would bother her or try to converse with her, or worst of all; dance with her.