You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > Choice of two books per month?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (last edited Jan 08, 2009 04:52AM) (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments What do people think about having the choice of two books per month?

I'm deliberating whether or not having a choice of two books made more people participate this month?

What do you guys think? Should we continue to have two books per month or stick with one?

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I don't know - I haven't been able to get hold of either of the books this month so I haven't been able to participate at all....

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Butland (httpwwwgoodreadscomprofiles_b) | 29 comments This is my first month with the club, and as I'm a quick reader having 2 books to read suits me really well.
I did wonder whether there ought to be 2 from the same genre though? Then there's the potential for comparative discussion.

message 4: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments That's a thought. If people don't enjoy a certain genre it may put people off joining in? That was my thinking behing two different genres. Let me know people!

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Butland (httpwwwgoodreadscomprofiles_b) | 29 comments Also true. But within a genre there could be 2 wildly different books - so sci-fi might include Margaret Atwood as well as Isaac Asimov, f'rinstance.

message 6: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments You may be on to something there!! I am decided! If we go with two books per month, they will both be from the same theme! It will leave is with more theme/genre options for the rest of the year that way!

message 7: by Kipahni (new)

Kipahni | 144 comments I agree with the two books. I have limited resources for books here so having two a month would increase my odds of at least having one of the books

message 8: by Alice (new)

Alice (aliceg) | 94 comments if you have a discussion which is comparative that then excludes the people who may have only been able to read one of the books

message 9: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments I was thinking 2 seperate discussions and then if people want to compare (because they've read both) they can.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (hpduck) | 354 comments Two books a month sounds ine to me. Like Stephanie, I read very quickly, so two books would keep me occupied for at least a week or so.

message 11: by Elise (new)

Elise Ravenclaw (eliseravenclaw) I think it is a good idea, I was able to get one of the books this month, it is really hard for me to get hold of the books here in my country. I have to buy them second hand and if I can't find them, I'm out of luck, I have better odds of finding them if you are offering two choices instead of one.

message 12: by Jenny, Group Creator - Honorary Moderator (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments two books it is then! Thanks everyone!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.