Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

What is your opinion on this book?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mercelle Simply just want to know everyone's opinions on this second installment of Veronica Roth'sDivergent series. So what is your opinion of the second book? Good? Bad? OR in between?

Patricia Summers I loved it! It was just as good as Divergent. If you liked/loved Divergent, you will love Insurgent. I had a hard time putting the book down the moment I started reading it.

Megan I loved it, I'm still having post-awesome-book syndrome where all I can think about is how much I miss the characters. It took me four days to read both the books and I could not put them down! The romance between Tris and Tobias was perfectly combined with the fast paced action which made Divergent and Insurgent so great. I'm not sure if any of you have read City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau but if you have, did you think the ending to that book was oddly familiar to the ending of Insurgent?

I cannot wait to see what Roth does with the final installment of the Divergent series!!

Emily I loved it, but it wasn't as good as the first one. I thought everyone's injuries sort of incapitated them. The ending was amazing, confusing? yes, but nonetheless amazing. I had to read over it to figure out certain events. I couldn't put this book down and the cliffhangers left me wanting more.

message 5: by Monica (last edited Jun 12, 2012 11:32AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Monica In my opinion this story just sucks! i tried my best to like this book bc in book 1 I really loved her character development with tris, four and the gang. But with that said the characters took a step backwards, the story is not interesting and at the end i wished everyone would have ate some of the nightlock berries from the hunger games and just put themselves out their misery. with that said i probably will punish myself and read the third because i usually do if i have completed two books of a series. But i will probably borrow it from someone.

EvaCatReads I loved it too bits but the first one is still my favourite. i can't wait for book 3! :)

kpopfan loved it but loved Divergent way more idk maybe because of how it all started with her picking a faction then meeting Four and how there chemistry plays out through the book and also the whole Peter,Drew and Molly ganging up on Tris. Not to mention Will and Al........ its kinda sad that their dead. :(
But anyways these are the parts that made me fall in love with Divergent.

message 8: by Malia (new) - added it

Malia I loved Insurgent! To me, it felt like she tied up loose ends. I kept feeling sorry for Tris, with whom I have been having a connection with since the first book. Connection as in following and agreeing with her train of thought and decisions. I do not prefer one book to the other because each has its own part of Tris' story. I cannot wait to see how Veronica Roth ends her series!

em I actually liked it more that the first one, if that's even possible. I just thought book 2 was interesting with all of the different settings.

Veronica simply awesome.

message 11: by Maci (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maci I loved how Divergent set everything up so perfectly and how Unpredictable Insurgent was, because i am always looking for unpredictable books because i have read so many i can predict most plots.

Chenay I hate Insurgent! I hate Divergent, but they are both really really good. I know this doesn't make sense, but I hate the Divergent series because I love it SO SO SO SOOOOO much! I hate it because I love it. I really like the story line and all of the antagonistic characters. I can't wait for the third book to come out. Insurgent really unleashed some freaky secrets.

Liz I liked Divergent, but this book really let me down.

I mean Ms. Roth could have taken this series to some pretty amazing places--the thing is she didn't. My best guess is this is supposed to be a build up for a hopefully satisfying end to the trilogy. The thing is, I don't like it when authors don't see that the story they are writing is really good, but when they write a sequel they make it so much less appealing.

I didn't like all the repetition with Will. I didn't like all the arguments with Four. There were a few twists here and there, but most were expected. I am hoping Ms. Roth can redeem herself. I liked Divergent, but "Insurgent" seemed like a waste of my time.

message 14: by Maci (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maci I also did not like Tris fights with four either, but they need to be there for the plot other wise the book would not be that good if you were never mad at it.

message 15: by Maci (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maci I can't wait for the next book they left you on a cliff hanger.

message 16: by Maci (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maci It was not predictable and that one reason i liked it so much