Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) Shiver discussion

MAGGIE STIEFVATER : The best werwolves books ever

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tania YES - Maggie stiefvater wrote the most amaizing were wolf books ever . she aticularily described the wolves tht i felt a person attachmeant to them ..she is an amaizing writer

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ I Didn't really like this series-until i finished it, then i had a new appreciation for the Wolves of mercy Falls series and the characters. I cant wait for her next book to come out! The Raven Boys (New series)

Tania Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "I Didn't really like this series-until i finished it, then i had a new appreciation for the Wolves of mercy Falls series and the characters. I cant wait for her next book to come out! The Raven Boy..."

oh .. i love the way she describes her characters like cole st clair he is my favourite character in the books and i also like it that she gives so much advice in her books even though some people never notice ..and i didnt know she had new series :thank u

message 4: by Aneesa (new) - added it

Aneesa It's a beautiful book. I want to start it over. Enough said.

Haha for now..

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Tania wrote: "Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "I Didn't really like this series-until i finished it, then i had a new appreciation for the Wolves of mercy Falls series and the characters. I cant wait for her next b..."

Yeah, it comes out really soon. Cole is the only reason i kept reading the series. He is so awesome ;)

Sarah i loved this series! I would find myself just skipping through the books every time i see them. Maggie just has a way of capturing u in her story of Mercy Falls Wolves! I also loved another book she wrote called Scorpio Races. And thanx to Alexia-Team Malec, i'll be checking up on that new book u mentioned!

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Sarah wrote: "i loved this series! I would find myself just skipping through the books every time i see them. Maggie just has a way of capturing u in her story of Mercy Falls Wolves! I also loved another book sh..."

Thanks, and what is the Scorpio Races about?

message 8: by Aneesa (new) - added it

Aneesa *GASPS*
OMG. The fourth book is coming out this July. I just found out!

Litter!
O.O

I can't wait! I really wanted to buy the set of the first three but now there's a fourth, maybe I should wait? But how long will it be till it comes in a set?
Arghhhhh...I'm too impatient.
Ok I'm gonna relax now.

Tania Aneesa wrote: "It's a beautiful book. I want to start it over. Enough said.

Haha for now.."

i know i just started mine again x

Tania Sarah wrote: "i loved this series! I would find myself just skipping through the books every time i see them. Maggie just has a way of capturing u in her story of Mercy Falls Wolves! I also loved another book sh..."

i also appreaciate her work ..she has very intruiging word play and i am planning on reading scopio races but still repeatinf fallen

Tania Aneesa wrote: "*GASPS*

Litter!
O.O

I can't wait! I really wanted to buy the set of the first three but now there's a fourth, maybe I should wait? ..."

WHADT!!! fourth book ..i didnt have a clue
HOW ..WHAT ...cant wait???

Tania wrote: "Sarah wrote: "i loved this series! I would find myself just skipping through the books every time i see them. Maggie just has a way of capturing u in her story of Mercy Falls Wolves! I also loved a..."

message 12: by Aneesa (new) - added it

Aneesa Tania wrote: "Aneesa wrote: "*GASPS*

Litter!
O.O

I can't wait! I really wanted to buy the set of the first three but now there's a fourth, maybe ..."

Yeah! Google it! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to posts links here? It's called litter!

message 13: by Aneesa (new) - added it

Aneesa Tania wrote: "Aneesa wrote: "It's a beautiful book. I want to start it over. Enough said.

Haha for now.."

i know i just started mine again x"

Haha I wish I had more time to do that?
Maybe I will jus cause I enjoyed it do much :)

Steph I loved how they only turned when they were cold
Nice touch, very different

Tania Gemini wrote: "I loved how they only turned when they were cold
Nice touch, very different"

oy yer ..maggie sure knows how to capture an audience i found it very intruging the transformation i mean

Bethan I bought the first two books in the series yesterday and I'm going to start it today and it sounds like it will be a good book

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ I thought it was a joke-About the 'Litter' book...Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a joke...

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ It was an april fools' joke...that went badly wrong....

Tania Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "It was an april fools' joke...that went badly wrong...."

ahhh thx ..i was frantically going through websites searching for the book litter ...i feel like a deflated ballon ....

Tania Bethan wrote: "I bought the first two books in the series yesterday and I'm going to start it today and it sounds like it will be a good book"

yes indeed its a very interesting and though provocking read ...read away u will love it

message 21: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg OMG I totally agree. I loved this series and was devastated when it ended. I adored the characters and how Maggie took you on a journey, I felt every emotion and often found myself yelling out at each heart wrenching twist and turn. The best series ever!!!!

message 22: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg yes i really wish there was a fourth book. it was a mean joke

Tania Meg wrote: "OMG I totally agree. I loved this series and was devastated when it ended. I adored the characters and how Maggie took you on a journey, I felt every emotion and often found myself yelling out at e..."

true true i love maggie stiefvaters writting style

message 24: by Aneesa (new) - added it

Aneesa Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "I thought it was a joke-About the 'Litter' book...Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a joke..."

Oh jeez, are you serious? What a bummer. I really fell for that one didn't I? Haha

message 25: by Aneesa (new) - added it

Aneesa Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "I thought it was a joke-About the 'Litter' book...Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a joke..."

Oh jeez, are you serious? What a bummer. I really fell for that one didn't I? Haha

Tania Meg wrote: "yes i really wish there was a fourth book. it was a mean joke"

i know its too far for a joke.

Kasey I MUST SAY THIS IS MOST LIKLY THE SERIES I FINISHED THE QUICKEST BECAUSE I JUST COULD NOT STOP READING I WAS SAD WHEN I ENDED!!!

Sarah Alexia -Team Malec :) wrote: "Sarah wrote: "i loved this series! I would find myself just skipping through the books every time i see them. Maggie just has a way of capturing u in her story of Mercy Falls Wolves! I also loved a..."

man eating horses that race super fast, and a girl named Puck enters with her not supernatural horse Dove, it also has shifting point of views like Shiver
A-MAZ-ING

Tania Kasey wrote: "I MUST SAY THIS IS MOST LIKLY THE SERIES I FINISHED THE QUICKEST BECAUSE I JUST COULD NOT STOP READING I WAS SAD WHEN I ENDED!!!"

same ALL HER books are so awesome even the faries ones

message 30: by Paul (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paul Swearingen Stiefvater's prose is exquisite. No argument about that. But there are too many holes in the plot that she merely glosses over (as how could these shapeshifters go unnoticed for such a long time by the general population?), and the writing is aimed strictly at swooning, hormonal, teenage girls.

Okay, y'all can shoot this old guy now. I've had my say. Not going to read any more of this series, in spite of being told in no uncertain terms that #2 and #3 are better in this series.

Tania Paul wrote: "Stiefvater's prose is exquisite. No argument about that. But there are too many holes in the plot that she merely glosses over (as how could these shapeshifters go unnoticed for such a long time by..."

u kind of have a point abt how the wolves go unnoticed but u are wrong abt her writing being aimed at hormonal teenage girls because her writing hers alot of meaning behind it ..u can witness this in the last book abt cole st claire the boy to whom sucide was a goal :

personally i found i could learn alot frm this

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

this book made me cry.laugh,scream

this is sooo gud! its one of my favs!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

It's too bad about the fourth book being a joke. I loved the series but felt the last one ends badly. I want to know what happens to Cole!!!

Leti Del Mar
The Inadvertent Thief by Leti Del Mar

Angela Heard they going to make a movie....

Angela Jeremy wrote: "Angela wrote: "Heard they going to make a movie...."

the movie comes out in 2014. if you go to behindyelloweyes.com you can find out everything so far! hope this helps"

Thank!

Dilara Croft i just finished the book and it's so beautiful omg. can't wait or the movie!

Tania Leti wrote: "It's too bad about the fourth book being a joke. I loved the series but felt the last one ends badly. I want to know what happens to Cole!!!

Leti Del Mar
[bookcover:The Inadvertent Thief]"

the thing about cole is tht u sort of have to figure it out urself ..its sort of like an obvious cliffhanger ..to me cole leaves on as a wolf after his years of fazing back are finished but it depends on how u view cole ..for me he is my hero

Tania Angela wrote: "Heard they going to make a movie...."

yap can't wait ..hopefully it turns out alwright