Writing?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Rabinowitz | 22 comments Mod
Any questions about my writing process.

message 2: by Sherri (new)

I am going to tell you a bit about my writing; I usually write more then one story at once. One story is the first draft that I always handwright. Second draft is in my computer that I make corrections. Third draft is my re-write. I usually write first drafts in the morning when I get up and I always re-read the last section before I start writing the next. Any questions?

message 3: by Sherri (new)

Took a great class in screenwriting, what have you done to help yourself?

message 4: by Bette (last edited Sep 20, 2012 04:40PM) (new)

Bette Stevens (goodreadscombette_stevens) | 3 comments Creative writing class at UMO and LOTS of reading... I learn something new with every book, newspaper, article etc. that I read. I started as a business writer (speeches, newsletters etc.), so creative writing was a scary experience. However, I had great professors and peers to encourage me. I stepped out on a diving platform (non-swimmer I was at the time) as a writing mentor at UMO writing center. What a rewarding experience! These are just a few highlights. Writing is a fascinating journey and I'm learning more about it every day. I've recently self-published my second children's book http://angelassignmentstm.tripod.com/... and that has been an amazing experience.

message 5: by Sherri (new)

Bette wrote: "Creative writing class at UMO and LOTS of reading... I learn something new with every book, newspaper, article etc. that I read. I started as a business writer (speeches, newsletters etc.), so crea..."

sounds like a great foundation :)

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (srstuckless) | 3 comments Do you write chronologically, or do you jump around a lot? I tend to be all over the place. The beginning is rarely the first thing I write.
Lately though, I've been trying to get at least a small concept of the ending before I start writing, just so I know which way to point the car, so to speak.

message 7: by Sherri (new)

That is a great question! I don't write chronologically and I don't have an end in mind it just flows. I think when you get to your last sentence you know it. When you are writing your second draft, that is when you can craft the story and put it in order and help it to make sense. One of my favorite writers who is a great freind, crafts the story from the begining, they know how each piece will fit. And her stuff is great! I think it is just how it feels to you, the best advise is to follow your gut. I hope that helps :)
Sherri