Book Promotions discussion

Author Bio's > Book Promotion Services?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) Hi everybody, I was wondering if you know of any author/book promotion services out there. There are so many places that say you can pay them and they'll promote your book here, or get you posted there. Do any of you have experiences with any of these services? Any suggestions on what works, what doesn't, what to try, and what to run like the wind from? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

message 2: by DelSheree (new)

DelSheree (shereedg) | 25 comments I'm not really a service, but on my blog I do a week long feature on every book I review. If you want to check it out, my blog is at http://theediblebookshelf.blogspot.com/ and you can get an idea of what I do and see if you think it will fit your book. let me know if you want to sign up.
Thanks!

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Ulleseit (lindaulleseit) | 3 comments I can vouch for DelSheree, above. She did a great job with my book, On a Wing and a Dare!

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond | 14 comments Thank you, DelSheree, for posting this, and for agreeing to "host" me in September!

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond | 14 comments Sherri wrote: "Hi everybody, I was wondering if you know of any author/book promotion services out there. There are so many places that say you can pay them and they'll promote your book here, or get you posted t..." Hi Sherri, I do not have any experience with paid promotion services, so can't offer an informed opinion. If I were to use one, I think I'd speak to a few people who had used the services and see what they thought (rather than just reading the testimonials). Good luck to you, and hopefully someone else will have more useful information for you.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan Stec (thegratefulundead) | 1 comments Linda wrote: "I can vouch for DelSheree, above. She did a great job with my book, On a Wing and a Dare!"

Have to agree, DelSheree is a good reviewer, too. The site has some really interesting reads. Check it out.

message 7: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) I appreciate the feedback here. I've been doing some research, and it seems that the paid promotional services are doing the same things I'm already doing - so why, pray tell, should I pay for it? What I really need is to find the readers where they are, and it seems like social media such as Goodreads is the best place for that. So now the questions is, where else can I find readers online?

message 8: by Shireen (new)

Shireen Nemnich (snemnich) | 3 comments Twitter and facebook have been very good to me. There are some great people who do reviews Like Bodice Rippers and The Reading Cafe and they also send out tweets and blogs. Plus they put info on their facebook pages of what their reading, reviewing and such.

message 9: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (jaschneider) Hi DelSheree,

Would you be interested in my new ebook medical thriller? EMBRYO: Terror at a famous fertility/genetic engineering hospital http://tinyurl.com/7vjyqao (romance too!)

Your blog looks wonderful! I'd love to promote it on Twitter...
Joyce https://twitter.com/#!/JoyceSchneider1

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (penabook) | 3 comments Hello everyone, I offer free kindle promos, book listing and author interviews. While I suggest you buy one of our books, it is not necessary. You can post everything for free:
http://kindlebookpromos.luckycinda.com and on Facebook: https://facebook.freebookpromos and Twitter
@freebookpromos or @penabook

Look forward to your listings. Thanks, Laura

message 11: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Frances | 21 comments Laura wrote: "Hello everyone, I offer free kindle promos, book listing and author interviews. While I suggest you buy one of our books, it is not necessary. You can post everything for free:
http://kindlebookpro..."

Fantastic site, Laura. Just came from there after posting three of my kindle books. Also posted my upcoming KDP Free Promo. Thank you for the great opportunity, and I'll be sharing your info with my author friends and groups.
Jaye Frances

message 12: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (jaschneider) I love this page! Thanks for all the generous helpful info & tips!

JoyceJ.A. Schneider

message 13: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Friedman | 1 comments I know this is rather late in posting to this discussion, but just in case anyone may need assistance in book marketing and promotion, here you go! http://emsincorporated.com/book-promo...

message 14: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) Marsha wrote: "I know this is rather late in posting to this discussion, but just in case anyone may need assistance in book marketing and promotion, here you go! http://emsincorporated.com/book-promo..."

It's never too late to contribute. Thanks!

message 15: by Rakesh (new)

Rakesh Ranjan (RakeshRanjan) | 5 comments Hi DelSheree,
Let me know if you like to feature my interview on your blog.
Regards,
Rakesh Ranjan
Author of Requiem: Will the Dead Come Back for Love?

message 16: by DelSheree (new)

DelSheree (shereedg) | 25 comments Rakesh wrote: "Hi DelSheree,
Regards,
Rakesh Ranjan
Author of Requiem: Will the Dead Come Back for Love?"

Rakesh, I usually only do week long features for authors, not individual interviews. Right now I am booked through May, so I can't really add any additional posts right now, but thank you for the opportunity.

message 17: by Rakesh (new)

Rakesh Ranjan (RakeshRanjan) | 5 comments DelSheree wrote: "Rakesh wrote: "Hi DelSheree,
Regards,
Rakesh Ranjan
Author of Requiem: Will the Dead Come Back for Love?"

Rakesh, I usually only do we..."

It's alright DelShree, let me know when you can do that.

message 18: by Connie (new)

Connie | 3 comments Hi All,

I'm new to the group but thought you might be interested in my blog post about A2R Marketing - Author to Reader.
http://thecharitythriller.blogspot.co...

I hope you find it helpful.
-Connie

message 19: by Martin (new)

Martin Ott | 1 comments I just used a service called Bostick Communications and I got 8 radio interviews and requests by 17 reviewers for my debut novel. Price is reasonable.

Martin

message 20: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (jaschneider) Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?

I didn't know where else to put this question, am new & nervous about this.

Help? Many thanks!

message 21: by Patricia (last edited Mar 22, 2013 09:51PM) (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?

I didn't know where else to put this question, am new & n..."

Hi J.A. I just did one. That is, mine is still running. GRs does a pretty good job of walking you through it. Go to your author page and click on your dashboard. One of the headings there is about giveaways. Just follow the instructions. It gets a bit more complicated if you are going to add per-click paid advertising, but a straight giveaway is actually pretty easy.

Another place to get info is to go to the very bottom of any GRs page and click on "author program. " The info there includes details for setting up a Giveaway.

I hope that helps....

message 22: by Kara (new)

Kara Lovell (karaleelovell) | 6 comments Thanks I was wondering the same thing. This answers my question too!

message 23: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (jaschneider) Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?

I didn't know where else to put this questio..."

Patricia, thank you so much!! I really appreciate the time you took to help! Best of luck to you!

message 24: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?

I didn't know where else to..."

Right back at you, J.A.! Btw, I went ahead and liked your Facebook page for you. If you would like to return the favor, I'm at www.facebook.com/PatriciaRedingAuthor. Also, I'll pin your cover to my Pinterest. Finally, if you have any interest in a Giveaway, see: Oathtaker

message 25: by Rayne (new)

Rayne Golay (RayneGolay) | 75 comments Thanks, Patricia. This is useful for when my literary fiction THE WOODEN CHAIR comes out in May 2013.
Rayne
THE WOODEN CHAIR
LIFE IS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
www.raynegolay.com

message 26: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments Kara wrote: "Thanks I was wondering the same thing. This answers my question too!"

Kara--happy to help. I went ahead and liked your Facebook page. if you'd like to return the favor, I'm at www.facebook.com/PatriciaRedingAuthor. And, my current Giveaway is at Oathtaker.

Best to you!

message 27: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?

I didn't know ..."

Btw, J.A., I notice you have about a gazillion friends! Wow! How'd you do that? I'm so new to Goodreads. . . but having a great time!

message 28: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments Patricia wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?..."

Ha ha! Oh, I see! I just got your invite! (Accepted, of course.) So, that's how it's done, huh? --Just need to come out of my shell a bit, I guess. . . .

message 29: by Rayne (new)

Rayne Golay (RayneGolay) | 75 comments Patricia wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?..."

message 30: by Rayne (new)

Rayne Golay (RayneGolay) | 75 comments I must have missed the answer to the question how to go about getting "a gazillion friends" on Facebook. I'm new to this, too, so I could really do with some pointers from the more experienced.
Rayne

message 31: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments Rayne wrote: "I must have missed the answer to the question how to go about getting "a gazillion friends" on Facebook. I'm new to this, too, so I could really do with some pointers from the more experienced.
Rayne"

Hi Rayne! I guess the answer is: you just ask them! Who knew? So, wanna be my friend here on Goodreads? I'll send you an invite!

message 32: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments Btw, I don't know about the others of you currently following this thread, but have you noticed, any of you, that this whole promotion thing brings out the vulnerability in you??? With all I've managed to do, the places I've been, the people I know, etc. etc., I'm finding this to be a whole new experience. . . .

message 33: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (jaschneider) Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?

I didn't know ..."

Oh Patricia, thanks for Liking my Embryo Page...I liked yours too, now we're frens!! Thanks also for pinning Embryo to your Pinterest...which I don't yet have the faintest idea how to use. I'm slow. But will definitely have a look at your Oathtaker. Thanks again!!

message 34: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?..."

I confess. I am an attorney by trade. My main focus is intellectual property. Unfortunately, although I had to look into some questions re Pinterest for someone awhile back--and started an account at the time--I am only just getting started with trying to really use it. Yikes! The learning curve! (Thanx for liking me!) We'll all figure this out together!

message 35: by Rayne (new)

Rayne Golay (RayneGolay) | 75 comments The key word, Patricia, is "together" as you say. It's easier to tap into somebody's knowledge by asking questions than to try to figure it out on myself. I'm not dumber than the average bear, but I don't like to waist my time. So I ask. The answers are really very helpful.
Best.
Rayne
THE WOODEN CHAIR
LIFE IS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
www.raynegolay.com

message 36: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Reding | 15 comments Rayne wrote: "The key word, Patricia, is "together" as you say. It's easier to tap into somebody's knowledge by asking questions than to try to figure it out on myself. I'm not dumber than the average bear, but ..."

I hear you! The problem is that a person often does the thing just one time. Then, when they need to do do something days, weeks, months later, it is like starting all over again. So, for now, I am drowning myself in these social media things as best I can so that it will (hopefully) come back to me when I need it later...! Little by little, I am catching on....

message 37: by Rayne (new)

Rayne Golay (RayneGolay) | 75 comments Hi Patricia and all, On an other topic, what do you do if you're alone on the road or in town and have lost your car key? Found this neat thing that really works, so I had to blog about it. See my blog on my author page (www.goodreads.com/RayneGolay.
Read the blog, check to see if it works, and let me know.
Best.
Rayne

message 38: by Rayne (new)

Rayne Golay (RayneGolay) | 75 comments Rayne wrote: "Hi Patricia and all, On an other topic, what do you do if you're alone on the road or in town and have lost your car key? Found this neat thing that really works, so I had to blog about it. See my ..."

J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Hi...how does one go about creating a Goodreads giveaway *&* getting the word out (adverts, promoting, anything) that it will take place?..."

message 39: by Rayne (new)

Rayne Golay (RayneGolay) | 75 comments IF YOU'VE LOST YOUR CAR KEYS?

It's been a worry with me until I learned the solutions. Like all solutions, it's so simple once you know it. Read my latest blog on www.goodreads.com/RayneGolay. Test it for yourself and let us know if it works for you :)
Rayne

message 40: by David (new)

David Menon (wwwgoodreadscomdavidmenon) | 42 comments David Menon
I can highly recommend David and the team at publish nation. They charge a one-off fee of £125 to publish your book in both ebook and paperback formats, or £95 for either genre. They are straight forward, business like, and I've been very impressed.
www.publishnation.co.uk

message 41: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (jaschneider) Hi, I have a new medical thriller ebook. I take it you don't promote ebooks?

Thanks & good luck!
J.A. Schneider (Joyce)

message 42: by Marc (new)

Marc Stock | 23 comments Hi,

One of my past customers on fiverr told me he tried this amazon kindle ranking service and received a #1 spot for his keyword for his book in under 6 weeks for a nominal fee.

and is generating thousands of downloads per day, not per week! I thought you would like to know how he did it so I am posting this link to help other struggling authors. Check this out and let me know how it goes?

http://jvz8.com/c/105927/47867

:) Marc

message 43: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkileigh) | 1 comments Interesting question - "I appreciate the feedback here. I've been doing some research, and it seems that the paid promotional services are doing the same things I'm already doing - so why, pray tell, should I pay for it?"

That is one important reason why you need to research any service you use and price should not be the only thing that determines who you should/could work with. When I pay anyone - whether its a product or service - I want to know if they know their subject and many don't. If you pay someone to promote your book - they should have plenty of experience and they should also have a network they will tap into for your promotion. I get emails from people every week who have one or two books and they sold plenty to family and friends - and have decided to offer services to authors - and want to get paid for it. That works occasionally - but that has a different value than working with someone with years of experience and who has a diverse network.

On the other hand - how much you will get out of the project also depends on how much you put into it too. I work with a lot of people who want to learn, who want to improve their personal promotional skills - other people hire me because they want to have their book promoted and don't want to do any work. So - your goals will also help determine the type of person and services that would be of value to you.

But I am a published author and I know the kind of budget most authors have to work with, so I also wrote 2 promotional books -- so far :) One about the basics of book promotion and one about how to use the internet to promote. Both contain a wealth of info for people who want to learn plenty of ways to promote their books themselves :)

message 44: by Fire and Ice Book Promos Blog (last edited Jul 10, 2016 11:16AM) (new)

Fire and Ice Book Promos Blog (fireandicebooktours) | 18 comments We offer book promotion for both Indie and traditionally published authors, and our services start out at $20 for a one week promotional package! http://www.fireandicebooktours.com/sc...

message 45: by Jen (new)

Jen Halligan (bookandlatte) | 1 comments Hi everyone!

I just thought I'd share with you that in addition to being a book blogger (bookandlatte.com), I'm also a Literary Publicist and a recent graduate of the Denver Publishing Institute. I offer publicity services (charged hourly) and also organize online promotion a la carte (blog tours, release day launches, cover/trailer reveals), and whatever else we can think up. Publicity is not a one-size-fits-all, and a package can be customized to fit your needs and budget! I specialize in young adult and new adult, as that's where my heart is, but I also represent adult and children's titles as well.

My website for publicity (separate from my book blog) is http://publicity.bookandlatte.com. However, I'm in the process of rebranding and building a new website that will be launching in mid-November or early December, so stay tuned! The link given here will eventually be forwarded to my new website, so it will always work.

Best of luck to you all!
Jen Halligan

message 46: by Kyle (new)

Kyle | 1 comments Hey everybody!
Check out the advertising opportunities with eBooks GROW ON TREES! Pretty affordable and a visually appealing website and newsletter. http://www.ebooksgrowontrees.com

Found them on facebook and twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/eBooksGOT
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ebooks...

message 47: by Prashant (new)

Prashant Shrivastava (pecificcreation) | 1 comments Prashant V Shrivastava
Life's Like That

Just got my first book published. Its about relationship, romance, career, and daily things of life that we actually see and face. It tells you the formula of life that is MOVE ON. For more details on book activities, do visit my webpage - http://www.pecificcreation.com/public...

message 48: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 2 comments =
Hi everyone. My first novel is coming out 20th of November this year. It's an epic fantasy written for YA. There is a giveaway on goodreads, if you like to go and check it out. It ends on the 20th of December. More to come. I've seen plenty asked about the book promotions. I'm doing a five month tour with three book promotions tours. Why so many. They have the blogs you need to get your novel to the readers out there. I've already done a cover reveal and everything that I own as far, such as twitter, facebook page, giveaways has gone up in numbers. They really work, you should give them a try and they are not that expensive. I can recommend Anna Dase at RBTL reviews, Roxanne Rhoads at Bewitching book promotions and Mejanka at Enchanted book tours. They are all awesome girls.

Good luck with all of your novels coming out. I to have sites that review novels. You can go and check them out it's http://woodsadrienne.wordpress.com and http://thedragonianseries.blogspot.com. If you follow these blogs, I'll follow your blog back.

If you like to check out my upcoming book it's
Firebolt (The Dragonian Series, #1) by Adrienne Woods

Kind Wishes,
Adrienne

message 49: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 2 comments DelSheree wrote: "I'm not really a service, but on my blog I do a week long feature on every book I review. If you want to check it out, my blog is at http://theediblebookshelf.blogspot.com/ and you can get an idea ..."

Hi Delsharee, would you like to offer your blog for GMTA's authors. I'm helping Kitty with their virtual tours. You can go check it out on her blog, there are links to the gmta virtual book tour blog. It's just to promote her authors. It would help so much, as you are one of her authors and we always need new bloggers. There isn't a lot of books about 3-4 per month. you don't have to review all of them, spotlights, geust posts and interviews would be fine.

message 50: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Williams http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Veins-Fait...

I welcome any suggestions on how to promote my book. How do I advertise myself effectively?

« previous 1